It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now they are after our BACON. . . . . . OMG

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   
You can have my BLT if you pry it from my cold, dead hands.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

As research shows more people are removing animal products from their diets than ever before, Shareena Hamzah of Swansea University says idioms involving animal products could be rendered obsolete because they are out of touch with the zeitgeist.

Writing for The Conversation, the researcher explains how meat-based metaphors are a popular staple of our everyday vernacular but that an increased awareness in the environmental and ethical issues surrounding meat production “will undoubtedly be reflected in our language and literature” and that this language may no longer be so widely accepted.

patriotretort.com...

So "bringing home the bacon" may not be acceptable soon. Food based idioms may not be acceptable.

Well that cheeses me off. It burns my toast. I may be just "hot dogging" here, but I have a steak in this.

People are so stupid.

You are right they are stupid , after being scientifically proven that meat causes increased risk of heart disease cancer and stroke they still eat meat by the truck load !

Go figure!
plant versus animal iron

edit on 5-12-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I've heard that deep frying things makes everything ok.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Yes Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh thats ooor secret to eternal life !

Dinnae tell anyone else awrite ya mad daftie

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Is this the place where I say I don't like bacon??

No, that's down the hall in the room marked "BLASPHEMY!"

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I've heard that deep frying things makes everything ok.

It works with bacon.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Leave the swine alone. Don't piss them off...

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

a reply to: dug88

Do you know what taste reminds me of bacon?

Bacon.

Maybe bacon bits.

Bacon.

Well shoot....guess well have to stop selling bacon flavored lube,and massage oil too. Db im sure your wife would love that on her bacon bits.(oops almost said something else that rhymes with bits.)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

a reply to: blueman12

Not outraged, Pork Chop, just amused and wanted to cheese off those that are hungry for attention.

Two sides of the same coin fool! You created a thread about this, and therefore are seeking attention too!

Really? You needed to create a thread to rip on vegans? A extremely small population that already gets a ton of flak from meat eaters...

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Congrats OP/mod. You created a pointless thread to make fun of a small minority population and got it to the top of ATS.

Says something about the state of ATS lately when mods are creating idiotic pro bacon threads and it rising to the top.

Sorry OP, some people give two sh!ts about how animals are treated.

Nothing more stupid than someone who is scared that the giant unethical meat industry is going to go away.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
Congrats OP/mod. You created a pointless thread to make fun of a small minority population and got it to the top of ATS.

Says something about the state of ATS lately when mods are creating idiotic pro bacon threads and it rising to the top.

Sorry OP, some people give two sh!ts about how animals are treated.

Nothing more stupid than someone who is scared that the giant unethical meat industry is going to go away.

FAIL.

The op is not a mod.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

You mad brah?

Tired of eating crow?

Egg on your face?

Just get to the meat of the matter and sink your teeth into the topic.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
a reply to: DBCowboy

I don't see any evidence of anyone wanting to "ban" these idioms, just that they might naturally fall out of style.

They couldn't ban them if they wanted to.

Because free speech.

But these idiots are trying to change they way we speak. They will fail.

It's amusing though and I enjoy mocking them.

What some bloggers? Are they asking their law makers to change it? No, they're not. So a small minority of the super small vegan population might be interested in changing words?

Yet, you have 100x the people wearing I love bacon shirts.

You sir, are just looking for attention with this utterly pointless thread.

Really tiring to see so much anti-vegan nonsense in the past year. Meat industries get worse and you want to make fun of vegans ? You just seem like a d!ck.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
These animal rights activists really love beating a dead horse, don't they? Pretty simple, you don't want to eat meat, don't. But don't presume to tell me what to do.

So, I'll keep killing two birds with one stone, I'll keep putting the cart before the horse, all while bringing home the bacon. They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks, and I agree. But these moronic birds of a feather flock together, and just act like lemmings.

So, I'm going to count my chickens before they hatch and just say that PETA is completely chasing its own tail here. All this does is get me hungry for bacon. The whole org is nothing but a cash cow for it's top brass anyhow, and their leader often delights in how many animals they put down each day. Once again, PETA puts out an assanine statement for attention. No doubt, many SJW's will take to it like a duck to water...but for folks like me, it's just like water off a duck's back.

This dog just won't hunt PETA. See ya later alligator.....

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Tired of seeing your dumb posts on top of ATS. But have fun bullying vegans. I'm sure that's what ATS is all about.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

I've seen more anti-vegan bs this year than pro-vegan articles. Even infowars got in on it saying vegans were puushing agenda 21.

Most vegans I know aren't hardcore activists, and most dueshery is from meat eaters who go nuts at the sound of someone not eating meat.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

I mistaked him for a mod.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

All true.

I am a dick.

I'll check with you and PETA before I do another thread.

Here's PETA. . .

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Tired of seeing your dumb posts on top of ATS. But have fun bullying vegans. I'm sure that's what ATS is all about.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join