It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now they are after our BACON. . . . . . OMG

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
The idea that the language will change (voluntarily) is wishful thinking.
Common language is full of idioms which have to be explained, because they are based on things which are no longer happening.
What modern soldiers have ever seen a man being hoist with his own petard? How many people have seen a flash in the pan, or had the chance to buy a pig in a poke or let the cat out of the bag? How many people still keep their apples in barrels, allowing a single rotten apple to spoil them? Who nowadays gets the chance to look a gift horse in the mouth?

So the next move from these enthusiasts may be an attempt to speed things up; references to bacon are going to be declared "hate speech", and a reason for expelling young people from schools.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Thank you all for a damn good laugh, best pun factory I know.

BACON.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: MysticPearl

ok - i may be biased - but :

spanking the monkey

is not acceptable - we must end this outdated and barbaric practice

Bashing the bishop seems to be acceptable.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Don't worry. I used that saying the other day.

Bring home the bacon. In a cashless society I would do a days worth of work for a weeks worth of bacon.

Just saying.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Taco night last night and a vegan friend showed up what did she have a regular beef taco like the rest of us. She just wanted to fit in and not be harassed. We all laughed at her anyway, now she probably hates us but I still sign her check so I don't care.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I have the immense pleasure of working with a vegan, can’t eat certain avocados if the bee didn’t have a nice holiday there. Can’t drink certain beers due to the use of fish in the purification, can’t eat figs as they ingest a wasp during fertilisation.

Has no issue consuming anything made with palm oil though despite that causing massive deforestation.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: dug88

Do you know what taste reminds me of bacon?

Bacon.

Maybe bacon bits.

Bacon.

I gotta admit...pork belly does come pretty close to bacon...but it's still not bacon...

And thanks...now i want bacon...i'm having ham for dinner....but...it's still not bacon...

It actually is exactly bacon though.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Well thats good news :-)

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Should ban curry out or courtesy of noses.

A lot can be said about a culture afraid of bacon

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

It's a war on pig meat and I intend to help win it, can't be the best humans Canadian or other without bacon.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I wonder how many remember that

ME AND IM YOUNGER THAN 40. THANKS DAD!

THIS STORY IS A BIG NOTHING BURGER.
People will keep saying what they want. At least I will.

Cheeseburger!

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
This HAMza person just wants to eat her cake and have it too.

Not happening there missy. The sacred bacon will not be denied to those that worship at the alter of the swine and dine at the trough of pleasure.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

They have always been political..just depends on what politicians give them..think Chevy Chase doing Gerald Ford.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrBobH

I have the immense pleasure of working with a vegan, can’t eat certain avocados if the bee didn’t have a nice holiday there. Can’t drink certain beers due to the use of fish in the purification, can’t eat figs as they ingest a wasp during fertilization.

Evil figs. You'd think that if figs were more moral, it would make the conscious choice not to harm those wasps.

On another note, does anyone remember this commercial featuring a Janist and nose tissue?

edit on 4/12/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
When my kids were little the worst punishment I could give them was "bacon restriction". You should have seen the tears.

I'd throw a couple of meat puns in here but I feel I'd be flogging a dead horse.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Well this story just burnt my toast

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subrosabelow

Hah, so exactly where are all these vegans and vegetarians lurking? I know exactly ONE vegetarian. All the rest of us are chowing down on the animal products 'round these parts. I swear there must be something in the water in California that slowly and insidiously drives people bonkers. Keep that garbage away from me. I want my steak!

Right here!

I went vegan last year. Best thing I ever did for my wallet and health! On a whole food/plant based diet, I figured I’d be paying up the a$$ for organic food but farmer’s markets save the day.

I won’t get into a debate about it but I stopped eating animals because *I* didnt feel comfortable contributing to their death/torture, doesn’t feel like it’s my place to kill something that doesn’t want to die or pay someone else to do it.

They sure tasted great, though. No denying that! As a cook of 20 years, I took pride in how well I could cook steaks (or undercook!) and I didn’t think I’d be able to go without cheese and bacon....ever. Can’t insgune eating it now though. Took the cheese of a slice of pizza a few weeks back and sh!t myself silly for the night.

My fiancé is an organizer for a lot of animal activism down here (surprisingly, we both do not follow any kind of liberal view points...) and I took part in some events at the start but I found myself cringing over some of the other activists and some things they believe/come up with. I don’t feel it’s MY duty to tell people what to do or not to do, but in my 20 years in the restaurant biz I learned first hand that people are largely unaware of how their food gets from the farm to their table and I have no problem informing people of that (without going over the top to prove a point...that’s an agenda).

We give farmers bailouts because they can’t get their sh!t together. I bust ass for my paycheck and just like I hate seeing it go to welfare (I’ve seen that abused so much in my life I want that system ripped apart) I hate seeing it go to people who just aren’t doing what they NEED to do to be a responsible business owner. In the case of farm bailouts, we’re paying them to slaughter/milk cows so the meat and milk can rot where it lay. Wasteful all the way around.

Edit-
As for the OP, more stupidity from over-reaching idiots. I don't hear them said by the younger generation, but I think it has to do more with some things not transcending generations and nothing to do with the vegan movement. Though I do prefer to use "Get two birds stoned at once", it's got nothing to do with my love of animals and everything to do with my love for Trailer Park Boys and green corn.
edit on 4-12-2018 by Drucifer because: Forgot to post on OP

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
You can try amd take my bacon... from my cold dead hands. I dont give a damn what your religion says.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrBobH

I have the immense pleasure of working with a vegan, can’t eat certain avocados if the bee didn’t have a nice holiday there. Can’t drink certain beers due to the use of fish in the purification, can’t eat figs as they ingest a wasp during fertilisation.

Has no issue consuming anything made with palm oil though despite that causing massive deforestation.

There's a point that you're just going to drive yourself insane trying to be a "perfect" vegan. There's no such thing. You're going to step on an insect, your house is built on land that was once inhabited by animals, palm oil, the one breadcrumb brand you used to buy just added eggs to their recipe, etc.

It's those exact way-too-serious vegans that drove me away from activism. I don't feel right telling people what they should or shouldn't do within context. In this one, going up against something that's been done since the dawn of man and saying it can't happen anymore is frankly, f*cking stupid.

I recently just un-invited someone from coming over our house because she posted pictures of her cockroach "roommates" on FB and then quickly after posted about how she drinks and washes with her own urine on a regular basis. I lost my sh!t, she's brought food in our house, she sits on our furniture.....no more of that. There's another one who lives in a van that's wrapped with vegan slogans/websites, he delivers products for companies with the van and just lives out of it...with a dog and two cats. That isn't the issue with him, but he's also been un-invited because he'll come over and act like our friend then start bashing white people on all his social media. He's the complete SJW, lashes out at EVERYTHING that doesn't follow his agenda, but if you ask him where to start, he can't figure out if he should start with his tale or mouth. Anywho, tales for another day.

tl/dr, even as a vegan, I see your point 100%.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: acackohfcc

nine out of 10 bishops say - NO !

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join