It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now they are after our BACON. . . . . . OMG

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

originally posted by: Graysen
The goal is to keep American males from consuming meat, the primary dietary source of testosterone precursors.

They replace meat with soy, which contains testosterone antagonists.

Vegetarianism is chemical castration.

It's how they dilute the purity of your essence.

I'll glaldy admit that im not well researched on the subject, but I'm sure you arent either
. Most vegans are damn health conscious and would admit if there was clear evidence that tofu destroys testosterone.

Especially because there are other choices than tofu for complete proteins. Rice and beans are one inexpensive example.

So please.. Stop pushing that propoganda.

I've spent some time reading up on testosterone replacement therapies, which are popular with guys my age. The injectables are problematic. I know that side-by-side studies have shown that eating red meat does more to raise low testosterone numbers than injections do. And there is some, admittedly mixed, evidence that the processing of soy does something to its components that make it antagonistic to testoserone outside the blood/brain barrier (testosterone is a neurotransmitter in the brain for both men and women; it has other functions in the rest of the body.)

So, was I exaggerating the somewhat muddled evidence? Maybe. But its also true that nutritionists often downplay the benefits of red meat. Rice & beans aren't actually a complete protein, btw. they don't possess all 9 of the essential amino acids in the daily requirements. All red meats, most dairy and all eggs pretty are (some of the soft cheeses are a bit TOO processed to qualify).

Most vegans are up on their nutrition, moreso than the average public; but that's partly because when you swear off an entire food group, you need to do some planning. (I've spent a lot of time with a nutritionist in the wake of serious illness and GI surgery; so I've had several visits a year to a nutritionist for the past few years.)

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Graysen

What amino acids are rice and beans missing or very low in? Also, isoflavones that are found in tofu, mimic estrogen but are not proven to take over testosterone in males.

Like I said before, there are veggies that help with testosterone. Even I eat things like broccoli, just incase tofu actually does effect testosterone levels.

There are also grains, like quinoa, that provide all the amino acids. There are tons of downsides to eating red meat. Look at links to heart disease for example. Vegans have some of the best results for heart disease, especially compared with meat eaters.

I'm not sure where your argument lies...

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

What amino acids are rice and beans missing or very low in?

methionine

Also, While it's not an essential amino acid, the vitamin called B12 isn't produced by any plants. It's why vegans need to take vitamin supplements. The vitamin supplements are made of bacteria that produced B12 when alive. I guess it's OK to eat bacteria, because it doesn't have a face.

Also, isoflavones that are found in tofu, mimic estrogen but are not proven to take over testosterone in males.

You're right. The jury is still out.

There are also grains, like quinoa, that provide all the amino acids. There are tons of downsides to eating red meat. Look at links to heart disease for example. Vegans have some of the best results for heart disease, especially compared with meat eaters.

There are tons of downsides to meat all right. No doubt about it. But our digestive tract was evolved to supply an omnivore who cooks food. There are ways around that, but they are extra work.

Vegetarians have a higher risk of B12 deficiency, which is linked with dementia. While vegetarians have a lower overall rate of cancer as compared to meat eaters, vegetarians do have a higher risk of colorectal cancer than meat eaters do: 2009 article on vegetarians and cancer rates.

I believe that life is a series of trade-offs; and thinking about your nutrition, whatever your moral code, will accrue some benefit to you. There are always downsides. The telomeres on our DNA mean that we are born to die, that something's gonna getcha. we all wind up in a box.

I pick and choose my poisons, same as you. I don't believe my choices make me a more moral person. Well... just a little bit.

Meat agribusiness is certainly bad, it's why I source & curate my own animal proteins. At our house we only eat our friends.

The truck farming industry is just as bad as meatpacking. The reason for all the E. coli in lettuce is because they are using RAW SEWAGE as fertilizer! It counts as organic. But it hasn't transformed into manure, so it still has all the biohazards of the creatures who pooped it out. Plus, the plant pickers, working illegally, are not provided with port-a-potties at the end of every row of crops. They save time by just crapping where they pick; and they don't have any way to wash their hands. So yeah. I can't remember the last time I trusted. an "anonymous" salad in a restaurant....

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Fair enough. Life is a series of trade offs, and luckily, we live in a time that has supplements for everyone. It's much better that you take care with what you eat. I think that does make you more moral than most regarding meat sources. Everything you buy is a vote towards something.

that is really nasty about the salads.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
And lettuce is one of the easiest things to grow.

A lot of places have warnings to wash your salad(!). It happens with lemons, too. Picked in fla or ca by grants with "dirt" under their fingernails. Then sold to restaurants who put a lemon slice in your tea but they didn't wash the lemon!!!!

But pickers pooping on your greens is actually the lesser evil; it'll rinse off if you're thorough.

Raw sewage as ferilizer is worse because E. coli in that poop gets picked up by the plant internally. You can't wash off whatever is in the plants veins.

Composting is an art; like roasting coffee beans. It takes judgment and no two attempts produce an identical property. But hey! Even poo that is so "fresh" that it's still steaming is "organic" and thus better than 'chemicals'...

I believe, but cannot prove, that the carcinogens in meat are 1) hormones injected into the livestock to promote bulking up; and 2) nitrites / 'pink salt' that federal requirements demand of cold cuts. 3) chemical "ghosts" of all the ammonia and bleach used as disinfectants on meat processing lines.

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
...or keeping a cool tool

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join