It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GM layoffs and plant closures exactly on the 10 year cycle, watch your money

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: olaru12

I think that's the basis of the problem. consumer based economic system that rewards the wealthy people

it's a backwards system that has no respect for anything but money and power. life, humanity, the wonderful experience of being earth none of it matters. no appreciation for anything

it's a giant destructive scheme thought of by psychopathic killers who rule the world through the banking system

Its like having bad parents.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   
the people getting cut get paid till they transfer somewhere else. 95% Pay at that. Many choose not to move and will get buyouts and such.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
First off, we are not currently in a recession. All indicators are currently in an upward trend. GDP, Employment, pay, savings, all of that. In the USA mostly, but many Asian markets are doing well also.

Edit - adding a positive economic article from the NYT from July of this year. Note that I realize there has been a Wallstreet correction since then, but if is seeming to move back upward to stable over the last couple of days.

www.nytimes.com...

I cannot help but see General Motors and General Electric mentioned in this post about a supposed recession. The one thing I would like the OP to consider is that those two companies are probably two of the largest companies that indulge in full scale corporate welfare. It would not be surprising to see them suffer in a market that is more welcome to competition. Neither of those companies want to be competitive. They want their shareholders to make profit regardless of their bad decision making.

GM has been in a downward spiral for a long time and should be allowed to fail. Same with GE. No more government bailouts for corporations please.

edit on 4-12-2018 by Fools because: ..

edit on 4-12-2018 by Fools because: ...

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

We need a sarcasm thread

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

We need a sarcasm thread

The way ATS has gone full trumpian...they're all sarcasm threads. Notice how the cultist can't tell the difference between sarcasm and reality. It's all black and white no subtleties allowed.

edit on 4-12-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

rofl. yeah I hear ya.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

We need a sarcasm thread

The way ATS has gone full trumpian...they're all sarcasm threads. Notice how the cultist can't tell the difference between sarcasm and reality. It's all black and white no subtleties allowed.

we're trying to break the cycle and get back to reason, right there with ya even though we don't always agree

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Funny...how just about the time you and your family are doing good and buy a house, a car, and or expense... Bang...!

# just went sideways!

Thanks op

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: kingsquirel

Just keep your eyes on the Fed.

<< 1   >>

join