It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Cigar Shaped UFO Caught On Video Accelerating At High Speeds Over Ireland.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

On the slowed down video it does look like a bird as I can see what looks like wings moving up and down but that could just be the craft's wings made of some material that bends like that (I recall the UFO in Roswell had metalic parts which could bend and then reshape). Apart from that though, the distance would make the bird pretty big. I mean could be an Eagle hovering over it's prey and then flying off. I dunno, it's the speed which again could be the angle it's shot at.. closer footage would defo sort it out.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

It's all subjective in my opinion. The video taker's IG account has photography and videos, edited of course, but it doesn't necessarily follow that he has faked this one. I always look for the reasons why and a video of this calibre is not going to enhance his reputation or bring him in a boat load of followers and admirers. If he is proficient in his art, which he appears to be, I believe a faked video would have been produced to a much better quality.

There are two options...believe or disbelieve the video is genuine.
What it is he actually caught is up for discussion.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: markymint
The video is a classic fake. +1 your intuition. Believe in it/yourself

You can never know for sure unless you took the video yourself . I hate CGI.

Course you can. CGI isn't dark magic. It has tells and footprints and it can be deconstructed quite substantially.

Well, back up your statement and de-construct it, then.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Looks like simple keyframed animation.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

which is fake lol

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

No sorry, it's far better you (and others) learn for yourself
Then you can waste time explaining to dummies why a fake video is fake. Plus, without the knowledge, you can still argue against my/others conclusions, a back & forth I sure can't be arsed with these days (and I'm sure you don't much care for it either), so it's better people come to their own conclusions and if they want those conclusions to be informed then, well, learn video editing and related things if they're going to try and make conclusions of video clips. Makes for smarter people!

spacemanjupiter and and14263 are in the right ballpark, but there is much more outside of the object itself and even the footage as a whole, that also proves it fake. Again, people need to do their own research not just have everything answered for them by UFO wikipedia. Makes for smarter UFOlogy. The OP has confusingly transfused 2 different sightings (one of which is a proven meteor, but you don't see them mentioning that, which shows their lack of research, all it would've taken is scroll down a few threads and getting caught up on the info before posting this) which is also causing some replies to be miles off the mark.

I just wanted to point out that the quoted sentiment of "I don't know how to cook beef, therefore no-one does/can" is dense logic (to be expected here, mind you). Which is exactly the fruits of someone that perhaps doesn't think for themselves or think very critically (NPC?), but who can if they do the research and learn the skills required for deconstructing UFO videos for themselves.

Ah, ffs, come this far, said this much, would've been quicker to just write what you asked for

1. Motion tracking is imperfect (as mentioned by spacemanjupiter) but is still proficient, noticeable mismatches in the first 160 frames

2. Video artefacts around the object in HD just before and after it dashes means the floating clip & the shooting off clip are possibly 2 separate source files (two seperate exported animations/FX clips) or any kind of overlays that are transitioning from one to the other even in an instant cut, and may expose the use of an alpha channel (think: green-screens and how you remove the green)

3. Video footage is just randomly filming the scenery not any particular object, camera doesn't follow or react to it shooting off, object would be presumed to be several feet to maybe 10 feet long and should be clearly visible to anyone even remotely looking in that direction

4. Secureteam are a known hoaxer

5. Secureteam UFO hoax videos generally show a stationary object that zooms off, they are known for it

6. Secureteam are also known for proficient but never perfect motion tracking (ala point 1)

6. Whether it was over the lake or the island, there should be multiple witnesses cos it hovered for many seconds, and right next to gigantic housing estates and main roads in broad daylight

7. UFO reports out of Ireland are rarely "a cigar hovered fifty foot above me for 10 seconds then dashed off", making the type shown in the vid "fantasy" (look up local and wider irish ground witness reports etc, granted, I'd need to dig into this one for myself to be sure about it)

8. The OP muddling up two different sightings and confusing people is a form of obfuscation, maybe not intended but in some instances it can be purposefully intended to confuse the masses, another insidious trait Secureteam are known for

I could go on, and I can investigate points 1 and 2 further but as I said it's clear-cut fakeloo for me, usually by the time you've hit a 2nd point on a bullet list you know you're dealing with a dodgy video, so not wasting more time with it myself, the OP is posting CNN articles of all things and mixing up last weeks meteor so it's a train wreck in here even before it started, just wanted to come and # on the video and the ignorance of CGI being some mystic god-like power to some ppl lol. Wake up!
edit on 5-12-2018 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: markymint

You're way off base, accusing me of purposely combining two different UFO sightings to confuse folks. I'm a skeptic and a believer, which I made perfectly clear in my post, by stating that I thought it was a CGI fake. Did you conveniently miss that pal?

However, being both a sceptic and a believer, I'm leaning on CGI after effects, especially since the poster is a photographer. If it seems too good to be true...decide for yourselves:

I don't believe in that fraudster, Secureteam10, either. I simply mentioned the pilots "UFO" sighting only because it too happened in Ireland. As far as it being a meteor, EXCUSE me for not sitting on my azz doing research on it before posting. I simply read about the pilot's sighting from online sources, including, here on ATS and never followed up on it. Does that make me ignorant or indifferent? I'm not a full time UFO investigator and I don't spend hours on end on social media or following up on all previous UFO sightings. I have an interest in the UFO phenomenon and post articles that might interest others...I don't intend on tricking anyone, regardless of what you claim.

edit on 12/5/2018 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: markymint

Yeah, if only you'd said that in the first place.

I get you're sentiments re: Secureteam...but the video was not originally posted by that channel, so those points are mute, in my opinion.
edit on 6-12-2018 by fromtheskydown because: Additional comment

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I'm starting to lose faith that Alien UFO's are visiting us at all never any real evidence , Why would a race travel from far far away to just have a look see ?

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

I'm starting to lose faith that Alien UFO's are visiting us at all never any real evidence , Why would a race travel from far far away to just have a look see ?

That's why time travelers has always been a better explanation.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

Could be dozens of reasons, some obvious, some could probably very alien (go figure) to us.

Also it depends on what you mean by "real evidence." I think there is a mountain of evidence. Say that thirty people in broad daylight, witnessed a shooting, and watched the shooter run away and throw their gun into a river as they did. They were tackled and caught, but the gun was not recovered, is there still enough evidence to prove they did the deed?

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
Say that thirty people in broad daylight, witnessed a shooting, and watched the shooter run away and throw their gun into a river as they did. They were tackled and caught, but the gun was not recovered, is there still enough evidence to prove they did the deed?

Those kinds of legal analogies never really apply because we all agree that people and guns exist. Nobody has to prove that. Flying saucers and aliens, however...

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Aliens see they are caught on camera and then just happen to zoom off! Typical fake video lmfao

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2Faced
That thing accelerated so fast, a human pilot’s eyeballs would be touching the back of his skull. And another thing, if that thing went from 0 to mach 2, there would surely be a loud sonic boom to be heard for miles around. Are there any reports of that?

I guess if alien tech is travelling in a tunnel like anti gravity, it wouldn't hit the wall of a sonic boom. It would just slice through like a knife through butter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join