It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CPU hacking's give government jobs to hackers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I have noticed that throughout the years there have been a significant amount of Internet Hackers sending viruses and things. The thing i've noticed though, is that these hackers are not punished... but rewarded with government jobs. The hacker that started the "I Love You" virus that made tens of thousands of computers to crash landed a job for the US government. Take a wild guess on what you think he's working with now. It's a no brainer huh? The government hires these hackers because they know how to think like a criminal and they know how to hack into things, and send viruses. If we needed to get all of Iraq's computers to crash... who do we send in? A hacker. Now I'm not talking about all hackers. I'm only talking about the hackers that do the most damage. people that do less damage to computers around the country end up in jail or with fines. I don't understand this. I think that if the hacker is going to do something like infect thousands of computers with viruses they should serve some time before they get the job. What do you think about this? Is this what should be done with the most dangerous hackers?

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Also, If the hackings that are supposed to happen on July, 6 actually happen, I think It'll be like one big Job Interview for the Government. They'll take the best out of the some 6,000 that are supposed to be involved.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Why has this topic been posted so many times????

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I accidentally put them both up at the same time. Don't know how but it gave me two posts... One here, and one in the chit-chat section I think.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GiantsFan
I accidentally put them both up at the same time. Don't know how but it gave me two posts... One here, and one in the chit-chat section I think.

Fair enough.......... similar thing happened to me before

new topics

top topics

join