It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez calls her salary as a Congresswoman a living wage

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
I just find it funny that she has been elected to Congress, is about to be a House Representative, in charge of a staff, and she is already complaining that someone else should do something before she even gets seated. That's the bad part to me. Alexandria, YOU are the one in charge now. YOU do the things you wanted others to do. There is no "someone else"... this time, it's all on YOU.

If YOU want YOUR staffers to make a higher wage, then YOU pay them more.

TheRedneck

Oh, but she *can't*! Remember? She can't even afford her own apartment in DC because her pay is so lousy!

So see? someone really should pay those poor, poor staffers more!

And because it's more affordable, we should just pay it.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
This girl has the Republicans #ting their pants

Sometimes things are so funny ...

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That's one more thing that I expect to be hilarious.

Have you ever seen what happens when a redneck gets money all of a sudden? The result is spendthrift madness, usually to the point that they are poorer in the end than they were at the beginning. Cortez is going from not being able to pay her rent to $174K. I can't wait to see what she spends it all on!

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

That's one more thing that I expect to be hilarious.

Have you ever seen what happens when a redneck gets money all of a sudden? The result is spendthrift madness, usually to the point that they are poorer in the end than they were at the beginning. Cortez is going from not being able to pay her rent to $174K. I can't wait to see what she spends it all on!

TheRedneck

Maybe she spent too much on her inauguration gown LOL. Seriously though I do like her enthusiasm but think she is in for a rude awakening, DC is all about deal making and compromises. Hard to draw a line in the sand because to get what you want on one bill you might have to give a lot for somebody elses bill you wouldnt normally agree with. And while Im pretty certain she is clean for now, the vast majority of her colleagues are crooked, hard to get an honest deal from somebody thats crooked...

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I can't really disagree with any of that. She does have enthusiasm, but as she has shown with protesting Pelosi, then turning 180 degrees to endorse her as speaker, she has a lot to learn. That wouldn't necessarily be such a bad thing, but she seems to project that she already knows everything she thinks she should know, and that's going to be a very rude awakening.

And of course, it's always a bit humorous to me to watch someone with unworkable ideals forced to see the impracticality inherent in them.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

a reply to: putnam6

I can't really disagree with any of that. She does have enthusiasm, but as she has shown with protesting Pelosi, then turning 180 degrees to endorse her as speaker, she has a lot to learn. That wouldn't necessarily be such a bad thing, but she seems to project that she already knows everything she thinks she should know, and that's going to be a very rude awakening.

And of course, it's always a bit humorous to me to watch someone with unworkable ideals forced to see the impracticality inherent in them.

TheRedneck

Thank you for putting it closer to what i was trying to convey, LOL the Pelosi 180, was probably somebody telling her you got to scratch some backs before you get your own back scratched, or worse.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join