It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats vs. Republicans Equals Women vs. Men

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Or course, there are both men and women in both parties, but I sometimes wonder if the major parties' political ideologies are simply an expansion or extension of what could be considered stereotypical behaviors and beliefs often attributed to one sex or the other.

I consider a major portion of the Democrat philosophy to be the idea that the ultimate goal of society is to make sure things remain "fair" to everybody, and that everybody has an equal opportunity to be nurtured by the system and achieve their highest goals. We should be "nice" to each other, and not be "mean" and put others down. We should share. We should tolerate everybody regardless of their differences. Does this seem a little feminine to you?

Republicans, on the other hand, seem to adhere more to lessons we teach little boys. You gotta be tough; don't whine. Don't be emotional. You gotta get the upper hand. "Taking advantage" is a good thing. You must protect women to the point where you limit their activities. Don't get mad, get even. Winners never quit, quitters never win. People are untrustworthy, and your best bet is to limit your vulnerability to them. And so on. Manly stuff.

So in recent political discourse, I can't help thinking that what we're seeing played out is the age-old conflict between men and women that has been formalized into political parties. Different ways of dealing with the world. Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I consider a major portion of the Democrat philosophy to be the idea that the ultimate goal of society is to make sure things remain "fair" to everybody, and that everybody has an equal opportunity to be nurtured by the system and achieve their highest goals. We should be "nice" to each other, and not be "mean" and put others down. We should share. We should tolerate everybody regardless of their differences. Does this seem a little feminine to you?

No, that sounds about right for the most part. Being a decent human being means being nice to each other, not mean and putting each other down. We should share if it's with people we choose to share with and we have extra to share (that's called being social, it's a human thing). Unless people do something or say something derogatory to us, we should tolerate everyone regardless of differences. Does this seem a little American to you?

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Republicans, on the other hand, seem to adhere more to lessons we teach little boys. You gotta be tough; don't whine. Don't be emotional. You gotta get the upper hand. "Taking advantage" is a good thing. You must protect women to the point where you limit their activities. Don't get mad, get even. Winners never quit, quitters never win. People are untrustworthy, and your best bet is to limit your vulnerability to them. And so on. Manly stuff.

That's because they're predominantly and traditionally white men, like me, and so they have male characteristics. Most Democratic male politicians also have this, it isn't a party thing. Everyone always has to get the upper hand to win anything. The same is true for winners and quitters, likewise limiting vulnerability to most people. Imagine being a female and knowing you're attractive. Do you wear baggy clothes and look weird at work, gossiped about? Or do you wear tight clothes showing off your curves (gossiped about lol), maybe even sexy clothes when you're not at work because they're in style and you're not cool to strangers unless you look a certain way? They have to fend off advances and overly nice social interactions everywhere that they go, everyday, sometimes at work but we've been working on that as a society. If an attractive female even makes eye contact with a guy, assuming she isn't a cashier, it can be taken much the wrong way and then they have to deal with flirtation. I'd like to think they know a little bit about limiting vulnerability to untrustworthy (most of) people as you put it. More than men and probably to a fault.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

What’s being nice.

You see a little boy who thinks he’s a girl for a week. Is being nice hormone therapy or mental help if the delusion lasts more than a week

Is being nice letting people act like *ATS edits’ or saying that behavior is wrong.

Is a baby a choice to be murdered? A life to be protected
Flip side
Are animals a choice to eat or a life to be protected

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
You could also say left brain vs right brain.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson

What’s being nice.

You see a little boy who thinks he’s a girl for a week. Is being nice hormone therapy or mental help if the delusion lasts more than a week

Is being nice letting people act like *ATS edits’ or saying that behavior is wrong.

Flip side

As for the trans, they're annoying and looked down on, laughed at, by me too. Being nice isn't calling him names, pointing and laughing, picking on him etc. That goes for school and work environments. If a trans wants to get out of line and talk # or flex, we know they were born a man and can take insults or get hit like one.

The abortion issue, well.. considering the women who end up needing to or wanting to get one, I'd say it's to the benefit of society to let them do it. No late term, make the decision quickly. They could even make the law stricter, ie; it has to be performed within 90 days of fertilization.

The animals we eat exist to be eaten. This is the thing that vegans do not understand. If herd animals were left wild, they'd be savagely hunted by carnivor pack animals. Brutal, bloody, slow deaths. Suffering, sometimes being eaten alive. Fortunately for them, we're the top meat eaters on the planet and have a shred of ethics and morals. Chickens, cows, and pigs are literally walking, breathing, defecating vegetables that eat vegetables to plump up for when they're eaten. Chickens live off of corn, cows live off of grass, pigs eat anything, even dead people. What in the literal # would these herd animals be doing in the wild, freed from human captivity? They'd become a nuisance to society 10x worse than geese, ducks, and squirrel crossing the road.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

The best way to describe the difference is that Dems see people as inherently good, while repubs see people as inherently bad. For instance a dem is more likely to pick up a hitch hiker, while a repub will not take the chance of being robbed or worse.

Neither view is wrong, just different.

Fair? That is about a joke. There is no such thing as fair.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Lol @ Democrats want fairness...They want the working people to pay for their "Free Healthcare" and "Free College"

I don't see how thats fair

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson

What’s being nice.

Flip side

As for the trans, they're annoying and looked down on, laughed at, by me too. Being nice isn't calling him names, pointing and laughing, picking on him etc. That goes for school and work environments. If a trans wants to get out of line and talk # or flex, we know they were born a man and can take insults or get hit like one.

The abortion issue, well.. considering the women who end up needing to or wanting to get one, I'd say it's to the benefit of society to let them do it. No late term, make the decision quickly. They could even make the law stricter, ie; it has to be performed within 90 days of fertilization.

The animals we eat exist to be eaten. This is the thing that vegans do not understand. If herd animals were left wild, they'd be savagely hunted by carnivor pack animals. Brutal, bloody, slow deaths. Suffering, sometimes being eaten alive. Fortunately for them, we're the top meat eaters on the planet and have a shred of ethics and morals. Chickens, cows, and pigs are literally walking, breathing, defecating vegetables that eat vegetables to plump up for when they're eaten. Chickens live off of corn, cows live off of grass, pigs eat anything, even dead people. What in the literal # would these herd animals be doing in the wild, freed from human captivity? They'd become a nuisance to society 10x worse than geese, ducks, and squirrel crossing the road.

Ladies and gentleman, I give you the left brain

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: UncleReamus

The best way to describe the difference is that Dems see people as inherently good, while repubs see people as inherently bad. For instance a dem is more likely to pick up a hitch hiker, while a repub will not take the chance of being robbed or worse.

Neither view is wrong, just different.

Fair? That is about a joke. There is no such thing as fair.

A coin toss is fair.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: iMnotHigh
Lol @ Democrats want fairness...They want the working people to pay for their "Free Healthcare" and "Free College"

I wouldn't speak for lower income workers, most of which are either non political or left leaning. I'm one of them too. I could be working in an office answering phones, typing, making calls, building networks, desktops, fixing and maintaining a building full of computers as per my college and vocational education qualifies me to do as it has in the past but..

I was out of work taking care of a retiring parents in ill health for a few years, they passed away, but I found a love and natural ability to cook, and cook extremely well, because I try to and learn how to. So, I went into working at a restaurant with no experience and, after a year (it's been 6 months and I get the once-a-year raise soon), I can move onto a better paying restaurant job, or any job.

Anyways, my paychecks are # and I fight to get my hours up, even skipping breaks now because they cost half an hour of pay. 10 breaks in 2 weeks is 5 hours. I'd be happy to throw $40 a month into universal healthcare. Yes, my job offers a # low and high medical insurance but to be honest, since I don't have a reason to see a doctor hardly ever these days, I don't opt into it. If I had to pay into universal, at least I could feel good knowing that people who do really need it are getting it and the secure feeling of knowing that if I ever get injured, sick, or develop disease which happens naturally to some of us as we age, I'd be covered.

If I made a salary, owned or rented a house, had a family etc, I wouldn't be able to relate to people needing universal healthcare and me having to pay more in my tax bracket for it. I'd have a plan with a company already, and the universal probably wouldn't be as good or more expensive. It might be slightly comparable but a worse deal for me. Why should I and my family have to suffer because other people are too poor to have what we have? I suppose you're right. # em and let them all die. If they can't serve me fast food anymore because they're ill or deceased, they're easily replacable with more unimportant people that can die as far as I'm concerned but you aren't taking a penny from ME. I mean really # everyone, everywhere if it interferes with my life and my money.
edit on 12/3/2018 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Sorry I see it more as children vs adults.

Democrats are like children who don't understand how America works. They want everything free and just think it will get paid for. Participation trophies for everyone!

Republicans are adults who understand that a booming economy will help people to afford more of what they want and need. Not EVERYONE, there is never a perfect solution for EVERYONE. That's the hard lesson you learn as an adult.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: iMnotHigh

Not to mention "fair" goes completely out the window come voting time.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I believe its more a masculine vs feminine mindset. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. Imo, Democrats use feelings/emotions to make decisions & Republicans use facts/logic. I believe the older one gets, the more likely they are to become Republican & that most young people tend to be Democrat. The older people who still are Democrats either have a lower IQ (under 100) or they just want to take advantage of young Democrats and/or get votes. I also see a religious aspect to Republicans vs Democrats. Republicans tend to believe in God more and follow God's commandments.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Hmmm very interesting read.

I was brought up as a Democrat and was always told “republican bad”. As I went through School though I was always told to be a fighter. So this false narrative of Dems being a bunch of pushovers is false. Both have some fight in em.
Never underestimate ones opponent man.

top topics

join