It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caravan strategy changing to use boats now and coming in by sea...bypassing wall.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: dojozen

Imagine dropping chum from above everytime they try to come over. Lol that would stop them

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi trying to picture 1000 or so in rafts and how the coast guard would deal with that...do you think they will open fire on them with some lead or you think they might just resort to water cannons?

What happens if they drown someone?

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure
hahah, you might have a job offer from the coast guard soon, if not already....good one...

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

sorry if I sounded like I was worrying about it...merely thinking about how well an inflatable tube or raft rental biz down around Baja would do is all and what the price point on gas masks at Tijuana might be this week...

Anyone can do a quick google search and see this is nothing new...just less publicized..

The wall’s not going to extend the 12 miles to international waters.

edit on 3-12-2018 by dojozen because: (no reason given)

imagine a truck load of inflatable tubes with some paddle ores...

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: dojozen

king landfall early Thursday morning and
13 illegal aliens running on shore.

Police say that U.S. Border Patrol agents responded quickly and took custody of
7 of the migrants and

two
suspected human smugglers who were allegedly waiting to pick up the migrants, the Orange County Register reported.
a reply to: whargoul

Got 13-7=5
The 2 mules were on shore waiting is my understanding and not in the boat when it landed.

let me guess, by your calculation you come up with another figure?

You went to public school?
edit on 12 3 2018 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Then they face the same hardships that Caribean people face.

What a brilliant idea that no island people ever tried.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

king landfall early Thursday morning and
13 illegal aliens running on shore.

Police say that U.S. Border Patrol agents responded quickly and took custody of
7 of the migrants and

two
suspected human smugglers who were allegedly waiting to pick up the migrants, the Orange County Register reported.
a reply to: whargoul

Got 13-7=5
The 2 mules were on shore waiting is my understanding and not in the boat when it landed.

let me guess, by your calculation you come up with another figure?

13-7 =6

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

LOL - Australia has the solution for that.

step 1: Beef up border security with Patrol boats, surveillence aircraft and US-flagged commercial vessels.

step 2: Set up detention centres outside of the US border - I suggest GITMO.

step 3: Get live TV footage of the invaders throwing their children into the ocean in a last ditch attempt to get in BAMN.

step 4: Prepare for the bleeding heart liberals to opine, lament, rip the loin cloth about the 'inhumanity' of it all.

step 5: Make it clear that anyone attempting to circumvent the immigration policy to enter the US by sea will likely end up in GITMO for the remainder of their lives.

step 6: Rinse & repeat to keep your sovereignty nice and shiney.
edit on 3/12/2018 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

oh, see my error, it is more than I thought, ...yes public school and failed algebra

6 made it to shore that got away...

Looks like the coast guard had it all under control.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft Not bad, sounds like would work to some extent...are could just call them all terrorist.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88 Thanks, math and spelling, for sure not my strong pointz.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman Read several articles over the past 10 years or so, that came up in google results... looks like it might be easier to get from Mexico to California, than it is from anywhere in Caribbean to get to the USA, with Cuba being roughly 100 miles...

Border authorities are building a fence extending 300ft (91m) into the surf, in an effort to prevent would-be migrants from walking over the frontier from Mexico's Tijuana Beach to Imperial Beach, California, during low tide.

www.bbc.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

a reply to: Benderisfunny
Keep thinking the wall is too keep people out...that will make you feel better...even if it is really intended to keep everyone in.

How can it keep me in when I can just use a float ....

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

...yes public school and failed algebra

Me too, I feel your pain.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
Oh, maybe someone forgot to tell you the rules when that time comes,.... think the caravan has it tough and rough...just wait...be praying for chum..

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

a reply to: jjkenobi trying to picture 1000 or so in rafts and how the coast guard would deal with that...do you think they will open fire on them with some lead or you think they might just resort to water cannons?

What happens if they drown someone?

By the law of the sea, if people are in distress you have to rescue them. The immigrants would scuttle their boat on sight of coast or another large ship. Then that ship would have to rescue them.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64 And to think was considering being an accountant...might could have had a job at enron or pentagon, ...somewhere where they needed someone to make those kinds of mistakes...

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell My thoughts on what normally would be the case...

though if there was 100's of them at the same on individual floats and rafts, floating like balloons in the wind and getting washed out to the ocean and swept out to sea, ...
it might take a little while to be able to get them all rescued at sea and if they resisted

...for sure would be hard to tend, than on shore and land.

Read that once they get on land, if they reach it and are caught, they are then processed for deportation...

Noticed it said some are going all the way to Santa Barbara by boats...can see it being tougher to patrol.

Swimming 12 miles with a life jacket might be possible, in an inner-tube and with a floating cooler full of food and drinks tagging along, might be kind of nice...make a good documentary for sure.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Hmmm. 'spose the make it to land and scatter into the woodwork. The administration and most citizens would be outraged, and the next attempt met with a more aggressive and possibly lethal force ? These are criminals once they cross that line. It is 1500 miles to TJ, and only 500 miles to Brownsville Texas.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

That has been true for a long time. The Cuban side of my family came in through Mexico.

Sharks and coastal patrols keep would be floaters out. A motorless boat is useless against the currents.

Whoever told these people to try floating in is just trying to get rid of them. Many will die and most will get picked up and deported.

If what these caravaners thought were true then guns and drugs could also just float in and out freely.

Cartels break their heads trying to figure out ways to circumvent our coastal borders.

These are not sea fairing people. That's a death sentence.

edit on 12 3 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join