It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do use travel through time using wormholes?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: JohanikaDeVries

Well, the material science is just about there regarding the construction of a space elevator right now.

The only thing holding us back is large-scale industrialized production of the carbon nanomaterials required for the tether.

If we ever do colonize and industrialize our own low earth orbit a space elevator is most lightly how we will do so.

Aerospike engines also seem to offer the possibility, where a cost-effective means of launching payloads into orbit is desired, but there are still some hurdles to overcome.

So when does Musks MSI make an appearance in your timeline?

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   

thats not what i asked !

I asked how do evolutionary biologists from the future explain why we have lost our emotions when evolution clearly puts us in a better advantage with emotions

What is the evolutionary advantage of developing a vast array of emotions only to slowly remove them over time because they cause stress and cortisol build up , why would we have developed them in the first place ?

it's contradictory , because emotions encourage us to procreate with a partner , emotions dont cause stress, environmental factors cause stress, so removing emotions wouldnt fix the problem!

Show me any other animal on earth that evolved a set of physical processes then removed them through adaptation as a result of developing increased stress on the subject ?

What you are suggesting is that somehow , the human species , developed emotions over probably 100,000 years then over time removed or diminished those emotions because they cause stress , when emotions were already the reason we evolved and survived as it helps us create successful breeding pairs and passes on genetic information.

edit on 6-12-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Isteiner Klotz town on the Rhine river in Switzerland. That place would probably prove useful to you.
edit on 6-12-2018 by mirage3d because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I am not sure you are asking. I will try to clarify again with more answer. After the Event, ash rained from a dark grey sky, the planet goes into a temporary ice age, and there is no food. Many adults and children did not make it and many pregnant could not be viable due to the stress and attack. A group of people with a condition you call secondary psycopathy, or I call normal, got together and chose to work together to make our species better. Emotion in general was a driving force, but now boredom and curious drive us. Lack of empathy allows better science to improve our genetics. It was not evolution, it was a calculated objective in a rough time. It was an opportunity for a new beginning. Nothing more.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

ahhh so in your time line the human race sold out their humanity to survive , through genetic engineering you have slowly diminished our emotions to survive right !

SAD times indeed

I mean who would have thought humans could survive an ice age , oh wait they already did !
here on earth in pre history our species with emotions survived an ice age without genetic engineering

I dont believe you sorry!

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

When did you say the event took place ?

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Not quite an ice age, it was like one. Only high sulfer content in the air, and ash in the sky. The temperature did lower a bit. It was in the late 2100's I believe. Before my time. It was a volcanic eruption is all I know. I'am just an average guy, not a historian as I'have said.
edit on 6-12-2018 by JohanikaDeVries because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

When did you say the event took place ?

Late 2100's I believe.

edit on 4-9-2347 by JohanikaDeVries because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

It's not sad, you misunderstood. We can not feel sadness.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

If you build a teleporter in 2018 you will be one of the wealthiest men in the world by 2020. Story doesn't make sense.

And exactly my point. If, for some reason, you can remember how to build that stuff, why risk what seems to be nearly certain death? It seems to me if you're not an expert in time travel it is extremely risky.

So, again: why not stay here and become the richest person in the world?

Hell it doesn't even need to be a full blown teleporter. It could be one tiny discovery that gives you a niche and comfortable life. One good investment. Anything. Going back forward in time seems like sacrament if you can go back! If the future was so great... Why would you ever come back in the first place?!

Sorry, I'm tossing it in the hoax bin. Fun game tho.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

So what is your occupation in this time how are you making a living ?

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Attentionwandered

I am laughing. You asks why not build time machine and be wealthy in a post about help with teleporters for time travel. If I could, maybe I would.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

I grow potatoes.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohanikaDeVries
a reply to: Gargoyle91

I grow potatoes.

Wow! That is amazing!

Am kinda naive, and always thought that potatoes, had all of the needed instructions to grow, already within themselves, somehow?

So where, and how, do you grow them?

Like: right on a table, in front of our eyes?
Or can you grow a potato from right out-of your forearm?

Do you know Bud the Spud, from the Bright Red Mud?

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   

it is sad, you gave up emotions to survive something ,we need emotions to survive!
its a part of being human to have emotion!
it is why we are here to begin with it is a fundemental part of humanity
So yes those who gave up emotions to survive an "ice age but not ice age"
are sad !

Humanity has already experienced the Ice Age with emotions an actual ice age , that lasted 1000 years!

So I fail to see how humanity has "devolved" emotions to survive

which is absolute rubbish I still dont believe you , you said yourself you are just an average guy , not a historian
but im sure you are aware our species survived a 1000 year ice age , and then survived multiple volcanic eruptions !

So to suggest that we needed to lose emotions to survive a mini ice age or volcanic eruption is nothing short of rubbish!

edit on 7-12-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

I landed in a field of potato plants when I got to this year. A man in blue pants with vertical belts asked me if I was here for the job and I agreed. Potatoes are amazing is what I have learned. The entire world need to know about potatoes.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Odd. You disbelieve my experience in coming to 2018 because of your drug induced hallucinations of being yourself a time traveler, and yet you harass me to the point of being one of the leading contributions to my bulliten. I assure you that I do not use drugs, but I do not know how time. Travel works. A company specializing in it had the equipment which I used. I suggest that your continuing involvement is out of your belief or want to believe and you are vetting me.

Let'us say for a moment that I am a fraudulent troll pulling your string as it were. Let's say that I am a middle class thirty one year old born in the mid one nine eighties and I live in a nice house in Johannesburg right now, just for. Just for example. Would you not be a trollfeeder? I suggest you are a believer.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
JohanikaDeVries, you said in your post you can make a teleporter but need help with the time travel aspect.

Just reading what you're saying here.

As far as I know, in my ignorant cretin era, a time machine and a teleporter are two completely different machines. One teleports from point a to point b. One teleports from point a to point a in a different time. Two different purposes.

Watch the movie 'Back to the Future'. Biff uses one little book of sports figures to place bets and literally take over the world. I still don't understand your motivations here.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Attentionwandered
I still don't understand your motivations here.

Really?

Its just a bored dude spinning a yarn for us.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohanikaDeVries
a reply to: Nothin

I landed in a field of potato plants when I got to this year. A man in blue pants with vertical belts asked me if I was here for the job and I agreed. Potatoes are amazing is what I have learned. The entire world need to know about potatoes.

Are there no potatoes in the future?

Perhaps someone could start a new thread, as a tribute to the humble potato(e)?

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join