It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study shows 63% of non citizens on welfare.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I did miss that but it is also not entirely accurate. Most come here to work. The fact their employers cheat them and the tax payers creates a situation they need to provide welfare to cover up the black market of labor and prevent crime.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

I don't think we should be burdened paying the welfare for their employers.

Because that is the reality. We are paying their employers profit margins.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
How about no welfare except some special circumstances where they have become the victim of a crime but they can sign up and legally work?

Why does this have to be about immigration at all?

Just a Visa.

They can bring the money home every season or visa term and helpelevate their country.

Well the Democrats want them voters and the Republicans want the donations from their employers.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
In states like California, the immigrants collect assistance and work for cash a lot which actually pays less per hour or job. They do this all over, it is not limited to immigrants, it is actually a welfare mindset. The people in these states like getting cheap labor and know it subsidizes the welfare checks of people. I have no problem with someone on Welfare getting part time cash work, but it seems that it has become obsessive in some areas of the country, people collecting assistance might be making more than a lower middle class individual when you add up everything.

I am sure states like California and Florida and others with lots of immigrants are looking the other way and even making sanctuary cities. So the taxpayer is actually supplying a lot of income to these people which results in cheap labor for the upper and middle class who cannot clean their own house or mow their own grass anymore because they are entitled.

Not so much because they are entitled, but because they are working long hours and have a long commute to boot.

You could work 10am to 6pm, and have a 1 hour commute either way. By the time you get home, you are too exhausted to do anything, even go out.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: mtnshredder

I don't think we should be burdened paying the welfare for their employers.

Because that is the reality. We are paying their employers profit margins.

Agreed, but you circumvented and spun my question. The majority of whom i’m speaking of don’t even declare employment. Not only are many of them working they or their spouses are also collecting welfare. They rarely declare being married in order to recieve gov handouts. What about them?

You do realise that struggling taxpayers, many whom are broke or going broke are paying for them don’t you? You think we should be paying for more of them?

You’re also very wrong about construction wages, they have been going backwards for many years. I was in the business for forty years, this is fact, especially with the cost of living increases aka inflation. Sure there’s some people and states that are seeing better wages, but in general trade wages have gone to poop.

edit on 3-12-2018 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Uh no. For cheap labor and labor voids. Illegals can't vote.

I didn't mention Illegal aliens. Obama encouraged illegals to vote if you recall and the lack of ID standards and issuing drivers licenses to anyone has made it possible for them to do so. I was referring to the votes of liberals who don't believe in borders or controlling immigration which IMO is a recipe for disaster. California's current mess is the end result of decades of rule by progressives. Deeply in debt, highest taxes and most regulation killing business, farms and seizing land owners rights to their own property. The majority of births given in LA hospitals are to illegal aliens - who gets to pay for this? Big difference between seasonal agricultural workers and the human wave swamping the state and driving up rents sky high.

For the votes of soft-hearted citizens who think we can print money forever to pay for everything.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Are you saying the Native Americans didn't screw up by helping the Colonists to come take their land?
In hindsight it seems like a grave mistake allowing that many unknowns in to your country.
Not many Native Americans left to tell the tale though, they got out-bred, outta buffaloed and put in the projects.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Every hasidic "jew" in the country (aka the Synagogue of Satan) is on welfare. Discuss that.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Look. Into the refrigerator of a working class family.

Moderate amount of supplies.

Look at a family in welfare. Over weight, refrigerators aways over flowing.

You can buy a lot of food on welfare

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I had one quit my place of work because she was making to much money and was going to lose her benefits. She was actually a great employee.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stuship

I had one quit my place of work because she was making to much money and was going to lose her benefits. She was actually a great employee.

And that is the rub. They create the rules so the chains never come off. Its just another form of slavery. The chains may not be visible but they are still there.

What should happen is some type of step down. As their income increases, their benefits are cut by a percentage. In your case, she may have been independent at a certain point. Heck, even if she could cover everything except health care, I as a tax payer am still better off.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Eloquently said.

If that study is accurate, this is quite the problem we have on our hands.

The problem with the study is with the definitions. In the definition of "welfare" they included things like the Earned Income Tax Credit. That means they consider people who work full time and pay into Social Security and who pay taxes to be on welfare. They also included Social Security disability benefits as welfare. You can't collect disability unless you have a work history. Thay means they included people who worked and paid taxes until they were injured and could work no longer. And they included people who work full time at places like Walmart or McDonalds where a non-living wage is paid and your kids get a little off the cost of a school lunch. Let me define the parameters and I can do a study showing that 100% of Trump bootlickers are on welfare.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Many people here talking about how they (illegal aliens) have to work low paying jobs and get government assistance because they cant get real legal jobs that pay well. This is leading people to believe that the system is broken. I feel a need to point out that the system was not in fact meant to support millions of illegal aliens. The welfare system is not broken. Immigration is the system that is broken. Fix that and 63% of the welfare problems go away.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Do you know many liberals just done care, they literally say they are willing to have taxes increased and pay more if mean helping others.

There are a very naive group

edit on 5-12-2018 by Bloodworth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
Many people here talking about how they (illegal aliens) have to work low paying jobs and get government assistance because they cant get real legal jobs that pay well. This is leading people to believe that the system is broken. I feel a need to point out that the system was not in fact meant to support millions of illegal aliens. The welfare system is not broken. Immigration is the system that is broken. Fix that and 63% of the welfare problems go away.

People looked away and didint want to address the problem for too long.

Now the u.s. is dealing with a age old formula known for failure.

Too much too fast, never a good combo

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth

Yep...the US has the fattest poor people in the world.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: CADpro

Yep...the US has the fattest poor people in the world.

Lol

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I believe the percentage of citizens on welfare is 35% according to the same survey.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Do you know many liberals just done care, they literally say they are willing to have taxes increased and pay more if mean helping others.

There are a very naive group

Only because it's not their money. They either don't pay into the system themselves or are so rich that they already have many ways to avoid paying taxes.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prene
Every hasidic "jew" in the country (aka the Synagogue of Satan) is on welfare. Discuss that.

How about you share your source to back this claim up?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join