It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study shows 63% of non citizens on welfare.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Point taken.

It is not possible to change what has already occurred.

I don't blame ppl wanting a better life for themselves, or their families, just do it legally.

You seem to be saying that since it has been happening for decades, that it's all good, and nothing needs to change.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: Bluntone22

Irrelevant.

All Citizens aren't taken care of. It isn't my job (AKA the government's job) to take care of individual Citizens, but since we already are doing it we damn well better take care of every single American before taking care of non-Americans. That is common sense 101

Why should we be taking care of foreign nationals when there are actual Americans without homes, without enough food to eat or without some basic level of medical care?

Because they are the only people left to do many of the jobs. It's a sad reality. It isn't there fault they didn't make laws to support that.

We made it illegal to work without papers about 70 years ago to reflect a totally different problem than we have now which is literally the opposite.
edit on 3-12-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

He knew 90% of respondents wouldnt read the cited study.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Make sure jobs are available to citizens, anyone who chooses not to work can't get any welfare benefits.

Make sure seasonal temporary visas are there for the jobs they make sense for.

Make sure all permanent visas are thoroughly vetted and screened and can support themselves and have no access to welfare and are obligated to pay back any and all welfare they somehow access with interest.

Remove birthright citizenship except for when the mother is a US citizens or both parents are legal permanent residents/citizens.

edit on 3-12-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

Point taken.

It is not possible to change what has already occurred.

I don't blame ppl wanting a better life for themselves, or their families, just do it legally.

You seem to be saying that since it has been happening for decades, that it's all good, and nothing needs to change.

I am literally repeatedly saying politicians need to make a temporary Visa program that reflects labor shortages. When those shortages change you change the Visa program. Of they are great employees they get a stronger shot with recommendations.

It's very simple and it's also easy to see why nobody wants to do that. The problem serves those that fail to fix it.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Sure even as a bleading heart libertarian that would be significantly better than anything I have heard from the parties.

I have a feeling the donors won't be happy for either party.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Because they are the only people left to do many of the jobs. It's a sad reality. It isn't there fault they didn't make laws to support that.

It is sad luthier, you are right there

It isn't the individuals fault, I do agree with you on that too

But our population is too high as it is already, the last thing we need is more people and especially not productive individuals

Nothing against them personally, and some could very well come here and make a great life for themselves in one generation. But for most, it is difficult to establish roots somewhere and settle down which is why I believe the welfare number is so high. Don't get me wrong, I actually support what they are doing... at least the part where they go all-in to make a better life for themselves and/or their families. I understand that, all too well. I grew up in the Depression and remember those days, eating "potato soup" and bread (AKA boiled potatoes and water) 4 nights a week really makes you appreciate how things are today

The only fair way to do it is have a merit based system, where your own accomplishments/achievements are looked at along with the candidate as a whole person. Otherwise, how to keep our national identity when we let all kinds of foreigners in? Heck, we could end up with a situation where foreign nationals are deciding our election outcomes or even where Citizens are deciding issues for all people (including illegal aliens living here) and that is just another form of tyranny by majority

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

What about just letting them work without being citizens. No welfare just a Visa reflecting on the job need.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

It's very simple and it's also easy to see why nobody wants to do that. The problem serves those that fail to fix it.

I want to do that. I have said all along I think we should indeed come up with such a system. Those here illegally should be allowed to plead guilty to whatever misdemeanor illegal entry constitutes, pay their fine and be given the opportunity for some type of visa. Whether it is citizenship, temporary work, doesn't matter to me.. just let them get legal and deport the folks who have demonstrated they are only interested in breaking our laws (ie: those with felony records)

If I'm not mistaken Trump already floated a pathway to Citizenship and was shut down by Dems because that also came with border wall/manpower funding. Frankly, I think our current solution of deploying the military on the border helps greatly. That with some type of barrier would be excellent. And we can take the 10 million or so illegal aliens already here (many of which are already "Americanized") and let them have some pathway to stay and work legally

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I have people begging me to work as a skilled carpenter turned woodworker. There is a huge trade decline. At 40 I am a younger guy in the field.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I don't have a problem with either, personally

Work visas or Citizenship... both makes them legal, and both lets them remain here. I welcome any person who wants to be an "American" regardless of where they are from

My only issue with the whole thing is when the government ignores its own laws, it not only discredits itself but it discredits the law in general by showing needless (or ineffective) laws were passed, that they can't or won't enforce their own laws and that they seemingly pick & choose which laws to enforce

But we shouldn't take it out on the individuals, at least not those who came here with good intentions and just want a new or better life. The rock throwing wasn't a pretty sight either, but I also realize that is a very small minority doing so and wouldn't be right to hold it against everybody

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Yes sir. As a lover of freedom I think as long as you pay the taxes you owe you should be able to work anywhere. The trade deals should include key being able to work in Cancun if they can pay.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

I have people begging me to work as a skilled carpenter turned woodworker. There is a huge trade decline. At 40 I am a younger guy in the field.

There is a need for "trade workers".

Unfortunately, most first generation immigrants from third world countries do not have the basic education requirements to fill that type of job.

I have been in the machining industry for decades, and its very difficult to find young ppl with basic math/physics education to succeed.

That's sad commentary on our education system today.

My point is that the type of labor positions that need workers, are not, in most cases going to be filled by central American immigrants.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

That isn't the reality on the ground. Meaning they poured ththe foundation and ran the wires. Built the building. Co destruction in particular.
edit on 3-12-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Sure even as a bleading heart libertarian that would be significantly better than anything I have heard from the parties.

I have a feeling the donors won't be happy for either party.

Both parties would need to support it. It will never happen until we are at a crisis point and something terrible happens.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Only 63 of 'em?

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

We need to do some serious work on our immigration.

What we need to do is stop blaming the immigrants for coming here and living of the welfare, when its the Corporations from the construction,hospitality, and agriculture industries that are encouraging them to come here illegally.

Far more profitable to have an illegal work for you when you can give them slave labor rates, no benefits, no worker rights, no workers comps, etc.

That wall is BS and neither the democrats or the republicans are looking to fix the immigration issue because its working just fine for some of the big lobbyist group (construction,hospitality, and agriculture )..

Fine a business 50K for every illegal on site on first offense, 100K on second offense and so on and see how fast the immigrants will stop coming here when they cant get work.

Immigration , net neutrality, and trump stance on subsidizing ethanol fuel are some of the reasons I think he is not a prophet and 15/16 full of Sh1t. Well at least he wasn't 100% full of Sh1t like that travesty of sniper bullet dodging women that was running who can't sell out a telephone booth space.

edit on 471231America/ChicagoMon, 03 Dec 2018 14:47:16 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

Haggling is part of Hispanic culture though. I had a Dominican teammate in college. I was the team proof/editor, especially for the foreign students, and in return, they helped me out where I needed it. When the team got taken over the border to Juarez. He took me around and kept me out of trouble. That was one of the lessons I learned that day. Everything was priced more expensive because they expected the haggling and expected Americans not to.
edit on 3-12-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

One side loves it for votes and the other loves it for business.

American citizens never factor in.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: interupt42

One side loves it for votes and the other loves it for business.

American citizens never factor in.

great way to put it, although I'm sure the Left also gets a piece of the action besides the votes from the lobbyist.

edit on 061231America/ChicagoMon, 03 Dec 2018 15:06:52 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join