It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riots in France, Belgium, and Germany? All over gas taxes?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Remember the protests last year? It's essentially an uprising against the ultra-rich 1% and Macrons "reforms".

poverty, pensions, taxation and banks, the ecological transition, reform of the institutions, employment and the salaries, economy, migration policy, health...

franceinfo (translation)

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

did i not see your security services getting purged?
i think things do not go well at the top.
i think they guessed future govt. intentions.
merkel cleans house out of a guilty fear.
so you do have patriots.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I thought the masses loved taxes? We sure do here in the US look at all the dems we sent back to the house thats just like saying please take more of our money to do nothing. These protesters are completely out of line protesting taxes.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Saiker

They love taxes, but only when someone else is paying them.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

redshield.
waterloo.
and for those who know, the payseurs.
the sun kings family. maybe.
the old money runs deep in northern europe.
these things coming along are no coincidence.
www.ukcolumn.org...

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Be careful, countries, on what you do with unpopular taxation.

The Stamp Act Riots

History repeats itself.

Pay attention, Progressives.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
The French I know have very little disposable income after all the taxes. I think peeps are pissed off at the migrants as well. It's turning Europe to the right. Even Spain is going right wing apparently. And no wonder....they have had like 15percent unemployment forever.

Everyone worldwide is getting peeved with price rises while wages remain stagnant, I mean it's getting mental every time you buy butter. Two or three years ago you could buy full fat English butter for 72p that being from a major supermarket. Now the price is somewehere around £1.60
How can butter just double in price like that? It's just insane during a period of austerity, even Aldi is charging £1.49 for the very cheapest butter. Something you need just like fuel and it's going through the stratosphere. Goernments worldwide need to reign in scams like this before the riots become a worldwide phenomenon and the whole capitalist system is overthrown

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
So doesn't this mean, that most of france does not have income inequality? Because after taxes, most, everyone has the same.....Nothing!!!!

government makes sure no one is is pain, but no one really gets to have pleasure either.....it's ying and yang. you need all kinds to make things work, it's mean, but it's true

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Actually you need fuel to make butter.
The grain the dairy cows eat needs fuel to be produced and then add on the delivery trucks...

Yeah, it can go up pretty fast.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: lakenheath24
The French I know have very little disposable income after all the taxes. I think peeps are pissed off at the migrants as well. It's turning Europe to the right. Even Spain is going right wing apparently. And no wonder....they have had like 15percent unemployment forever.

Everyone worldwide is getting peeved with price rises while wages remain stagnant, I mean it's getting mental every time you buy butter. Two or three years ago you could buy full fat English butter for 72p that being from a major supermarket. Now the price is somewehere around £1.60
How can butter just double in price like that? It's just insane during a period of austerity, even Aldi is charging £1.49 for the very cheapest butter. Something you need just like fuel and it's going through the stratosphere. Goernments worldwide need to reign in scams like this before the riots become a worldwide phenomenon and the whole capitalist system is overthrown

Are you sure that the government isn't meddling with food prices? I know they do in the US. Plus you folk have VAT taxes. I am sure the stores are just passing along that tax expense to the consumer.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
French police removing their helmets and the protesters break out in song. I assume the song is patriotic. This is more than gas taxes.

streamable.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: username74

It is the same here. The funny part is that people are getting laws passed to raise the minimum wage while at the same time any profession that doesn't have to do with law or medicine (health care) has had stagnant wages since at least 2000 probably since the early 1990's.
edit on Tue Dec 4 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: Quote snipped

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Oh right....... I see what you mean. Suppose fuel gonna have that effect. Yep, good point. But double the cost in two years? Something's not right somewhere

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
What?

The EU Utopia paradise is crashing already?

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

To be honest I have no idea Fools if the govt are meddling with our prices, they might well be through the back door, but to be honest no idea. The government and the City of London is basically the same thing so in that manner then yes the government are probably in on it. Butter is needed by the average man in the street, how can a doubling of its price in 700 days work out?

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I dont know either.
Butter was $2.50 US yesterday which is $0.50 higher than a couple years ago but I bought a gallon of milk for $1.25...
Both dairy, one high, the other low...

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

economies need incentive.
with low disposable income theres little spending going in.
with high wage cost there is low employment demand thus high unemployment
the state employs about 40% of pop.
= huge bureaucracy = huge tax burden = economic death spiral over decades.
high living costs so very bad for the young
no incentive, demoralising etc.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

national anthem.
maybe micron is toast.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Several major news networks are picking up the story. Hey someone has to pay for the immigrant migration as those fine people skewed the scales of economies throughout the world in a way that's not sustainable. USA included as we made our own mess.
This is a great day for truth and justice as people are trying to stand up to the NEW WORLD ORDER.

Viva La France!

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The reaction of the tax on fuels because of global warming is heating up the tempers of the people and changing the social climate of the country. So, it is going to get real hot in countries because of the global warming fuel tax.

edit on 3-12-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join