It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Supreme Court lawyer: Whitaker appointment 'constitutional crisis'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Doesn't matter.

Correct. Whitaker still has to be confirmed by the Senate.

"(a) If an officer of an Executive agency (including the Executive Office of the President, and other than the General Accounting Office) whose appointment to office is required to be made by the President, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, dies, resigns, or is otherwise unable to perform the functions and duties of the office-

"(1) the first assistant to the office of such officer shall perform the functions and duties of the office temporarily in an acting capacity subject to the time limitations of section 3346;
"(2) notwithstanding paragraph (1), the President (and only the President) may direct a person who serves in an office for which appointment is required to be made by the President, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, to perform the functions and duties of the vacant office temporarily in an acting capacity subject to the time limitations of section 334
www.gsa.gov...

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: JinMI

Trump asked for his resignation. Sessions wrote that in his resignation letter that he was asked to resign.

Yes he did. Will this generate some actual repercussions from the Republican majority in the Senate? If not...time to move on to real news.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Trump asked for his resignation. Sessions wrote that in his resignation letter that he was asked to resign.

Here is a quote from the first line of his resignation letter.

"Dear Mr. President,

At your request, I am submitting my resignation."

www.vox.com...

Yea, I can read Will, can you?

I am submitting my resignation.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Constructive Dismissal is where an employer has committed a serious breach of contract, entitling the employee to resign in response to the employer's conduct. The employee is entitled to treat him or herself as having been “dismissed” and the employer's conduct is often referred to as a “repudiatory breach”. Constructive dismissal- employment solicitors- Landau law www.landaulaw.co.uk/constructive-dismissal/

This obstruction of justice via unconstitutional appointment will hurt the potus.

Sticking fingers in your ears and trying to claim falsities over such hurts the potus.

If you all truely want potus to succeed and survive then you will call them out on this one cause it will be the final act that drives the scotus to overrule his presidency and his upcoming challenge to muellers authority.

That is the long game potus has been playing to try to take the findings of the mueller investigation to scotus based on an unconstitutional appointment of mueller but then along comes trump to trump even himself. However guess what muellers appointment was constitutional due to it being targeted toward trump campagin and not directly at trump himself. If you all remember back when the height of the calls for muellers appointment to be deemed unconstitutional then muellers office came out and twice stated to the press that trump is not the target. That is what judge ellis found out cause he took a deep dive into the matter and found out that mueller investigating trump campaign is constitutional.

Again i implore you to take a deep breath drop the right left crap and listen. Whithaker is 100% unconstitutional unless he gets voted on and if not done potus will be guilty of obstruction of justice and that is beside whatever petty or non petty stuff mueller uncovers.

If you truly want this guy to stay then do not let this go on cause it is valid and killer.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TheOne7

This obstruction of justice via unconstitutional appointment will hurt the potus.

Sticking fingers in your ears and trying to claim falsities over such hurts the potus.

I would argue that building a strawman to base your reality on is a logical fallacy.

Again i implore you to take a deep breath drop the right left crap and listen. Whithaker is 100% unconstitutional unless he gets voted on and if not done potus will be guilty of obstruction of justice and that is beside whatever petty or non petty stuff mueller uncovers.

Did Whitaker go from acting AG to AG without some sort of mention?

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Democrats know that Matthew Whitaker is legally appointed and will remain that way. That is why a Dem-led House committee, and Whitaker, have both agreed to a January 2019 "getting to know you" session.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheOne7

Constructive Dismissal is where an employer has committed a serious breach of contract, entitling the employee to resign in response to the employer's conduct. The employee is entitled to treat him or herself as having been “dismissed” and the employer's conduct is often referred to as a “repudiatory breach”. Constructive dismissal- employment solicitors- Landau law www.landaulaw.co.uk/constructive-dismissal/

If you all truely want potus to succeed and survive then you will call them out on this one cause it will be the final act that drives the scotus to overrule his presidency and his upcoming challenge to muellers authority.

That is the long game potus has been playing to try to take the findings of the mueller investigation to scotus based on an unconstitutional appointment of mueller but then along comes trump to trump even himself. However guess what muellers appointment was constitutional due to it being targeted toward trump campagin and not directly at trump himself. If you all remember back when the height of the calls for muellers appointment to be deemed unconstitutional then muellers office came out and twice stated to the press that trump is not the target. That is what judge ellis found out cause he took a deep dive into the matter and found out that mueller investigating trump campaign is constitutional.

If you truly want this guy to stay then do not let this go on cause it is valid and killer.

Screw Mueller! He is as much a criminal to our Republic as any terrorist locked up in Gitmo! It was Mueller who flew the uranium sample to Russia for inspection of the Uranium 1 deal that enriched the Clinton crime syndicate.

Mueller was appointed to bury ANYTHING that might come up to bury the Clintons and the DNC for their wrong doings. Don't even bring up the BS he is a Republican. Doesn't matter, since it's the 2 party system that is working together to retain their globalist power from a President who has the ballz to say he is a Nationalist! How many Rino's will say they support Nationalism? Would love to know, because I would support them if they had the ballz to uphold their oath!

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Democrats know that Matthew Whitaker is legally appointed and will remain that way. That is why a Dem-led House committee, and Whitaker, have both agreed to a January 2019 "getting to know you" session.

www.reuters.com...

Forget right and left and tell us how he can be constitutional according to the vacancies act that clearly states if sessions was forced out then any replacement has to be voted on.

Do you not care for the rule of law.

Seems like you care more for your side then you do for the truth.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Screw Mueller! He is as much a criminal to our Republic as any terrorist locked up in Gitmo! It was Mueller who flew the uranium sample to Russia for inspection of the Uranium 1 deal that enriched the Clinton crime syndicate.

Mueller was appointed to bury ANYTHING that might come up to bury the Clintons and the DNC for their wrong doings. Don't even bring up the BS he is a Republican. Doesn't matter, since it's the 2 party system that is working together to retain their globalist power from a President who has the ballz to say he is a Nationalist! How many Rino's will say they support Nationalism? Would love to know, because I would support them if they had the ballz to uphold their oath!

All that would be relevant if you could prove any of it i would be all over it like stink on my pinki.

As it stands it is just speculation and rumor.

I do give a crap but what you say has not come to any sort of light.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The left doesnt want Whittaker because Whittaker doesnt approve of their illegal approach

guess what, no one gives a flip!

your time is up, you're being exposed

sit on it and rotate your treacherous b@stards

link   

At your request, I am submitting my resignation

I and we all can read. You, though, for whatever reason have just ignored the first half of the sentence.

link   

You with the cool hat....come back to reality.

You seem to be lost in thought and mixing up laws and regulations.

Slower for you....sessions was forced out and the vacancies act states anyone filling the role he left has to go through or have gone through the advise and consent process.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Didn't know we had so many constitutional lawyers on ATS. I guess if Obama can be one, anyone can. I'm impressed!

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

All that would be relevant if you could prove any of it i would be all over it like stink on my pinki.

Speculation and rumor you say? Like the BS Russia collusion Mueller is in charge of?

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
The left doesnt want Whittaker because Whittaker doesnt approve of their illegal approach

guess what, no one gives a flip!

your time is up, you're being exposed

sit on it and rotate your treacherous b@stards

lol I do not want him in there unless he is voted on. It could be mickey or minnie mouse for all i care as long as it is legal.

If there are crimes on either side that you are able to show proof of then do what i have done and point them out.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

edit on 2-12-2018 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

At your request, I am submitting my resignation

I and we all can read. You, though, for whatever reason have just ignored the first half of the sentence.

Show me where the first half, "at the presidents request," provides a valid point.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

See, you can read whatever you wan't into it. The above happens all the time in industry. Sessions himself isn't claiming otherwise, so it's pretty far-fetched to claim so.

I already posted a link where sessions said he basically got a pink slip!

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

You with the cool hat....come back to reality.

You seem to be lost in thought and mixing up laws and regulations.

Slower for you....sessions was forced out and the vacancies act states anyone filling the role he left has to go through or have gone through the advise and consent process.

Ah, there are the beginnings of someone who has lost their argument.

Sessions being forced out. Lets start there. Would you please show me where that matters and how a resignation equals force?

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Speculation and rumor you say? Like the BS Russia collusion Mueller is in charge of?

I agree it is petty for the claim of collusion to warrant so much fuss.

However the cover up of the petty crimes is far worse than getting the rushans to disseminate emails at ones request.

The cover up is much worse than the crime.

Should have fessed up and got on with their lives.

Now we are looking at extremely serious crime of genuine obstruction of justice.

POTUS may very well lose the popularity contest they call impeachment if he does not right the ship in a legal and truthful manner.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join