It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Supreme Court lawyer: Whitaker appointment 'constitutional crisis'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
This is worth a read.

"It is a constitutional crisis even if we are distracted from and dulled to it," Tom Goldstein, co-founder of SCOTUSBlog and a partner at the law firm Goldstein & Russell, wrote in a brief with the court.

This lawyer has won cases in front of scotus and is highly qualified to make such a determination.

Under the Attorney General Succession Act, the deputy attorney general is the first in line to succeed the attorney general. The Justice Department has argued that it is relying on a different statute, the Federal Vacancies Reform Act, which permits the president to name any senior DOJ official to the role.

In most of those cases, the official who was being replaced was out only temporarily, or left voluntarily. Never, Goldstein wrote, had a president "forced out a Cabinet Secretary and replaced him with a hand-picked, non-confirmed appointee from outside the Department's chain of authority."
This is the most important point for everyone to remember.

"The Framers saw Donald Trump coming almost 250 years ago," Goldstein wrote. "They had King George to work from."

Clearly sessions was forced out and that makes whithaker ineligible for the position.

Words can not express the importance of this issue and how it soon will directly effect your lives all around the world if not properly adressed through scotus or congress..

www.cnbc.com...

+28 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TheOne7

Sessions resigned.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Has Whitaker ever said anything like: "I'm still the president's wingman!"?

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
That this appointment was 'dirty business' is something many of us attributed to dubious motivation, but seeing it in these terms certainly highlights why it's so suspect. It's interesting how one crisis is overshadowed the next day, by another, usually petty one. The press would do well to ignore what Melania is wearing, or the manner in which trump shakes someone's hand, and literally stay focused on the events that are important such as this one.

I'm glad to see this report.

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Ugh, we've been through this already, it's valid and the DOJ agrees.

You're thread is null and void.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Sessions resigned.

www.nbcnews.com...

There is a difference in forced resignation and resigning. The main difference is how does the person feel about how they left.

(post by M5xaz removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Sessions resigned.

Don’t confuse liberals/never-Trumpers with facts...smoke alarms start going off from heads preparing to explode...

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

A SCOTUS ambulance chaser!

Bet he is a Progressive who supports globalism.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Ugh, we've been through this already, it's valid and the DOJ agrees.

You're thread is null and void.

You went through it with as much attention as you gave my op and the article linked. You failed on both counts. The points you raise were addressed and you either ignored them or skipped through. Likely due to a preconceived reality you are choosing to live in.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

1000% irrelevant

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Glad to see your spreading your finite wisdom all over the boards, I thought it was just the one thread.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheOne7

Sessions resigned.

www.nbcnews.com...

There is a difference in forced resignation and resigning. The main difference is how does the person feel about how they left.

Feelings don't mean jack squat when it comes to law! Unless of course the judge is a political activist and don't give a snip about the law. In this case we have a lawyer, who hates the Constitution and our rule of law and is willing to sell his and our souls to Globalism.

Don't give a snip about feelings.

link   

originally posted by: M5xaz
Post removed by staff

It would as per the vaccines act that bush helped with. Anyone that has been voted on can take the position from my understanding. There were many to choose from for the appointment yet the next day after the appointment trump could be heard in a presser "i just wanted to appoint someone to protect me".
edit on Sun Dec 2 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Aallanon

Your only allowed 17 constitutional crisis's at once. this would make 18...fail

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Sessions resigned.

www.nbcnews.com...

I understand the argument. Do you understand the loophole?

The law does.

link   

Sessions resigned.

www.nbcnews.com...

The law does.

link   
a reply to: seeker1963

You are totally posting feelings and ignoring the substance of my linked article.

I dare you to read it and the act.

link   
a reply to: seeker1963

You are totally posting feelings and ignoring the substance of my linked article.

I dare you to read it and the act.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Sessions resigned.

www.nbcnews.com...

The law does.

There is no loophole and the reasons i mention were never addressed by OLC.

Maybe you are refering to the loophole that trump created for all criminals by putting the guy there. it is very serious repercussions coming and is the yuuuugest act of obstruction yet. This one will get him.
edit on 2-12-2018 by TheOne7 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join