It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seperating Atlantis from reality

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

I thought you where the history peep. Its not good going around calling a place fictional. When it seems to me you are not entitled to a worthy opinion on the subject.

Zep Tepi is what the Egyptians would have called Atlantis. The fist time. If you has studied your history you would know of the account in the Rig Veda, the Puranas

We can change the name the story remains the same. Happy reading.
The Hindu Origin of the Myth of Atlantis

Source: atlan.org/articles/the-hindu-origin-of-the-myth-of-atlantis/ ©Arysio Santos

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Many cultures talk about a first time in mythology when men walked with the Gods. Why do you think so many cultures shared a common story if it has no basis in reality.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

I thought you where the history peep. Its not good going around calling a place fictional. When it seems to me you are not entitled to a worthy opinion on the subject.

Zep Tepi is what the Egyptians would have called Atlantis.

You seem to be unaware that there is only one instance of the use of the term Zep Tepi on record, it's in late antiquity, and it's associated with a particular region which had it's own version of cosmogony.

originally posted by: purplemerThe fist time. If you has studied your history you would know of the account in the Rig Veda, the Puranas

We can change the name the story remains the same. Happy reading.
The Hindu Origin of the Myth of Atlantis

Source: atlan.org/articles/the-hindu-origin-of-the-myth-of-atlantis/ ©Arysio Santos

You must not be aware of how long I've been a regular on this site. The fact is, I seriously doubt you could come up with anything concerning Atlantis in the Vedas that I haven't already completely debunked - here or on another forum. I'm telling you straight up that, yes, I've done my time in this topic.

You're thinking Atala - the White Island now. I just know it.

Harte

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Many cultures talk about a first time in mythology when men walked with the Gods. Why do you think so many cultures shared a common story if it has no basis in reality.

Which cultures. And how many is "many?"

You don't get to make such broad statements without evidence while demanding evidence of others.

Harte

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   

It does not matter how many uses there where of the word Zep Tepi. The fact remains it is there. Nor is it worth dicing hairs because I am sure you are aware the same story is repeated across many mythos. Nor can you or anyone else claim to be an expert on this particular suject as most hieroglyphs (some 90 perecent) have never been translated.

You must not be aware of how long I've been a regular on this site. The fact is, I seriously doubt you could come up with anything concerning Atlantis in the Vedas that I haven't already completely debunked - here or on another forum. I'm telling you straight up that, yes, I've done my time in this topic.

It matter not how long you have been a regularly here. I am not interested in your appearance. I am interested in your words. Telling my straight up you have done time on this topic is not telling me anything. I have evidently done time too. Where does that get us.

If you are simply trying to debunk then you are doing yourself and others a dis service. The truth should not be seeked through an agenda. Such action create only a lie. Dont limit yourself.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Which cultures. And how many is "many?" You don't get to make such broad statements without evidence while demanding evidence of others.

You are telling me you are history peep who feels you know what you are talking about yet you cannot name a list cultures with a Golden Age or a time when we walked with the Gods.

Evidently in which case you are no historian of you are playing the fool. Is there a third option I am not seeing.
edit on 2-2-2019 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Which cultures. And how many is "many?" You don't get to make such broad statements without evidence while demanding evidence of others.

You are telling me you are history peep who feels you know what you are talking about yet you cannot name a list cultures with a Golden Age or a time when we walked with the Gods.

Evidently in which case you are no historian of you are playing the fool. Is there a third option I am not seeing.

You were the one that brought it up. And I note you can't name any so you push it off onto others to confirm what you claimed.

Harte

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Evidently not. Unlike you I have actually have experience is this and dont just make stuff up based on opinion without fact.

To name a few the Greeks talks about ages from the metal to the Golden age. They used it to describe epochs of time within the great year (25920 year cycle)

Or how about the bas reliefs of the Mithratic mystery schools again making similar claims or what about the Vedics which I mentioned to you already although you have yet to pass comment of them.

Again they talk about vast epochs of time and the rise and fall of different cultures. (Very similar to the Greeks too.)

The Kali Yuga (Iron Age) was preceded by three others Yugas: Satya or Krita Yuga (Golden Age), Treta Yuga (Silver Age) and the Dwapara Yuga (Bronze Age).

grahamhancock.com...

I am sure you are aware the flood story in the bible happens before the garden of Eden which is yes another example of the Golden age or Zep tepi as mentioned with the Egyptians.

Or how about a real old one check out Taoism and the talk of the Golden age or what about the Aztec of Mayan that talk about this too.

writing that have survived again there is a myth of a very ancient Golden Age ruled by a compassionate Mother Goddess.

matriarchy.info...

Or I could mention the hopi who say we know live at the end of the fourth age. I could point out the similarity in calendar calibrations between different cultures too. (The Mayan and the Hindus they predict the end of this age within the a 12 year period of each other.

Or how about the good old Sumerian’s that talk about an age with the Gods. I could go on but you get the idea. This fact is echoed across time and culture. The similarities between the stories should in itself generate interest in an enquiring mind.

Now since you claim not to be aware about this. I suggest you go and do some reading so you can acquaint yourself to a point of view where you actually have a valid opinion of the subject.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Evidently not. Unlike you I have actually have experience is this and dont just make stuff up based on opinion without fact.

Please quote what it is you "think" I've made up. I will do the same for you, and we'll see what's what, won't we?

originally posted by: purplemerTo name a few the Greeks talks about ages from the metal to the Golden age. They used it to describe epochs of time within the great year (25920 year cycle)

The Greeks claimed to "walk with the gods" throughout their existence so that cannot be about some ancient age where they walked with the gods.

originally posted by: purplemerOr how about the bas reliefs of the Mithratic mystery schools again making similar claims or what about the Vedics which I mentioned to you already although you have yet to pass comment of them.

Mithraic Mysteries date to the Roman era, while Mithras was worshipped literally centuries earlier than this with no "mystery schools" associated with him. So, a recent (to the Romans) development and in no way a tradition.

originally posted by: purplemerAgain they talk about vast epochs of time and the rise and fall of different cultures. (Very similar to the Greeks too.)

No question the vedas contain ridiculously long time periods, but that wasn't the topic, was it.

I am sure you are aware the flood story in the bible happens before the garden of Eden which is yes another example of the Golden age or Zep tepi as mentioned with the Egyptians.
Zep Tepi wasn't a common phrase about the origins as I already explained to you. It belongs to one, single (hybrid) cosmogony. And now you're placing the Flood before Eden? Where on Earth do you get your mythology?

originally posted by: purplemerOr how about a real old one check out Taoism and the talk of the Golden age

Where do Taoists claim a golden age where they walked with the gods? Given it's rooted in nature worship - how does this have anything to do with the broad "Many cultures talk about a first time in mythology when men walked with the Gods" claim of yours?

originally posted by: purplemeror what about the Aztec of Mayan that talk about this too.

Do they? Where? There's only a handful of writings from the Maya. I don't recall a "first time in mythology when men walked with the Gods" from the Maya.

writing that have survived again there is a myth of a very ancient Golden Age ruled by a compassionate Mother Goddess.

matriarchy.info...
Apparently not. The Maya did have a "mother goddess" though. The goddess of birthing.

originally posted by: purplemerOr I could mention the hopi who say we know live at the end of the fourth age.

You look more and more like you're dodging my question. That, or you didn't even read it. Tell us the Hopi myth of the "first time in mythology when men walked with the Gods."

originally posted by: purplemerI could point out the similarity in calendar calibrations between different cultures too. (The Mayan and the Hindus they predict the end of this age within the a 12 year period of each other.

That's bull#. The Kali Yuga will end in about 400,000 years. The current Mayan cycle will end in a little over 5,000 years.
Apparently, you want to point out anything BUT the answer to my question.

originally posted by: purplemerOr how about the good old Sumerian’s that talk about an age with the Gods. I could go on but you get the idea. This fact is echoed across time and culture. The similarities between the stories should in itself generate interest in an enquiring mind.

So, which Sumerian myth is about a "first time in mythology when men walked with the Gods."
I'll remind you that any mythology involving gods has the gods interacting with humans.

Now since you claim not to be aware about this. I suggest you go and do some reading so you can acquaint yourself to a point of view where you actually have a valid opinion of the subject.

I didn't claim to be unaware of anything except evidence for your claim.

Please present some.

That is, something other than your surprising astonishment that people had myths about the creation of humans.

Harte

edit on 2/3/2019 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Hey Slayer, where are the artifacts so that we can examine them? What more is there than speculation?

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Just for clarity ,
The Hopi creation mythos as recorded by Voth 1905.
It is essentially the "Earth diver" mythos found from South America all the way to Central western Europe, but not in Africa or Australasia.

THE TRADITIONS OF THE HOPI.1. ORIGIN MYTH. 1
A very long time ago there was nothing but water. In the east Hurúing Wuhti 2, the deity of all hard substances, lived in the ocean. Her house was a kiva like the kivas of the Hopi of to-day. To the ladder leading into the kiva were usually tied a skin of a gray fox and one of a yellow fox. Another Hurúing Wuhti lived in the ocean in the west in a similar kiva, but to her ladder was attached a turtle-shell rattle.
The Sun also existed at that time. Shortly before rising in the east the Sun would dress up in the skin of the gray fox, whereupon it would begin to dawn--the so-called white dawn of the Hopi. After a little while the Sun would lay off the gray skin and put on the yellow fox skin, whereupon the bright dawn of the morning--the so-called yellow dawn of the Hopi--would appear. The Sun would then rise, that is, emerge from an opening in the north end of the kiva in which Hurúing Wuhti lived. When arriving in the west again, the sun would first announce his arrival by fastening the rattle on the point of the ladder beam, whereupon he would enter the kiva, pass through an opening in the north end of the kiva, and continue his course eastward under the water and so on.
By and by these two deities caused some dry land to appear in the midst of the water, the waters receding eastward and westward. The Sun passing over this dry land constantly took notice of the fact, that no living being of any kind could be seen anywhere, and mentioned this fact to the two deities. So one time the Hurúing Wuhti of the west sent word through the Sun to the Hurúing Wuhti in the east to come over to her as she wanted to talk over this matter. The Hurúing Wuhti of the east complied with this request and proceeded to the West over a rainbow. After consulting each other on this point the two concluded that they would create a little bird; so the deity of the east made a wren of clay, and covered it up with a piece of native cloth (möchápu). Hereupon they sang a song over it, and after a little while the little bird showed signs of life. Uncovering it, a live bird came forth, saying: "Úma hínok pas nui kitâ' náwakna?" (why do you want me so quickly). "Yes," they said, "we want you to fly all over this dry place and see whether you can find anything living." They thought that as the Sun always passed over the middle of the earth, he might have failed to notice any living beings that might exist in the north or the south. So the little Wren, flew al over the earth, but upon its return reported that no living being existed anywhere. Tradition says, however, that by this time Spider Woman (Kóhk'ang Wuhti), lived somewhere in the south-west at the edge of the water, also in a kiva, but this the little bird had failed to notice.

Hereupon the deity of the west proceeded to make very many birds of different kinds and form, placing them again under the same cover under which the Wren had been brought, to life. They again sang a song over them. Presently the birds began to move under the cover. The goddess removed the cover and found under it all kinds of birds and fowls. "Why do you want us so quickly?" the latter asked. "Yes, we want you to inhabit this world." Hereupon the two deities taught every kind of bird the sound that it should make, and then the birds scattered out in all directions.

Hereupon the Hurúing Wuhti of the west made of clay all different kinds of animals, and they were brought to life in the same manner as the birds. They also asked the same question: "Why do you want us so quickly?" "We want you to inhabit this earth," was the reply given them, whereupon they were taught by their creators their different sounds or languages, after which they proceeded forth to inhabit the different parts of the earth. They now concluded that they would create man. The deity of the east made of clay first a woman and then a man, who were brought to life in exactly the same manner as the birds and animals before them. They asked the same question, and were told that they should live upon this earth and should understand everything. Hereupon the Hurúing Wuhti of the east made two tablets of some hard substance, whether stone or clay tradition does not say, and drew upon them with the wooden stick certain characters, handing these tablets to the newly created man and woman, who looked at them, but did not know what they meant. So the deity of the east rubbed with the palms of her hands, first the palms of the woman and then the palms of the man, by which they were enlightened so that they understood the
writing on the tablets. Hereupon the deities taught these two a language. 1.After they had taught them the language, the goddess of the east took them out of the kiva and led them over a rainbow, to her home in the east. There they stayed four days, after which Hurúing Wuhti told them to go now and select for themselves a place and live there. The two proceeded forth saying that they would travel around a while and wherever they would find a good field they would remain. Finding a nice place at last, they built a small, simple house, similar to the old houses of the Hopi. Soon the Hurúing Wuhti of the west began to think of the matter again, and said to herself : "This is not the way yet that it should be. We are not done yet," and communicated her thoughts to the Hurúing Wuhti of the east. By this time Spider Woman had heard about all this matter and she concluded to anticipate the others and also create some beings. So she also made a man and woman of clay, covered them up, sang over them, and brought to life her handiwork. But these two proved to be Spaniards. She taught them the Spanish language, also giving them similar tablets and imparting knowledge to them by rubbing their hands in the same manner as the woman of the East had done with the "White Men." Hereupon she created two burros, which she gave to the Spanish man and woman. The latter settled down close by. After this, Spider Woman continued to create people in the same manner as she had created the Spaniards, always a man and a woman, giving a different language to each pair. But all at once she found that she had forgotten to create a woman for a certain man, and that is the reason why now there are always some single men.
She continued the creating of people in the same manner, giving new languages as the pairs were formed. All at once she found that she had failed to create a man for a certain woman, in other words, it was found that there was one more woman than there were men. "Oh my!'' she said, "How is this?" and then addressing the single woman she said: ''There is a single man somewhere, who went away from here. You try to find him and if he accepts you, you live with him. If not, both of you will have to remain single. You do the best you can about that." The two finally found each other, and the woman said, "Where shall we live?" The man answered: "Why here, anywhere. We shall remain together." So he went to work and built a house for them in which they lived. But it did not take
very long before they commenced to quarrel with each other. "I want to live here alone," the woman said. "I can prepare food for myself."

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: punkinworks10

Continued

Yes, but who will get the wood for you? Who will work the fields?" the man said. "We had better remain together." They made up with each other, but peace did not last. They soon quarreled again, separated for a while, came together again, separated again, and so on. Had these people not lived in that way, all the other Hopi would now live in peace, but others learned it from them, and that is the reason why there are so many contentions between the men and their wives. These were the kind of people that Spider Woman had created. The Hurúing Wuhti of the west heard about this and commenced to meditate upon it. Soon she called the goddess from the east to come over again, which the latter did. "I do not want to live here alone," the deity of the west said, "I also want some good people to live here." So she also created a number of other people, but always a man and a wife. They were created in the same manner as the deity of the east had created hers. They lived in the west. Only wherever the people that Spider Woman had created came in contact with these good people there was trouble. The people at that time led a nomadic life, living mostly on game. Wherever they found rabbits or antelope or deer they would kill the game and eat it. This led to a good many contentions among the people. Finally the Woman of the west said to her people: "You remain here; I am going to live, after this, in the midst of the ocean in the west. When you want anything from me, you pray to me there." Her people regretted this very much, but she left them. The Hurúing Wuhti of the east did exactly the same thing, and that is the reason why at the present day the places where these two live are never seen.

Those Hopi who now want something from them deposit their prayer offerings in the village. When, they say their wishes and prayers they think of those two who live in the far distance, but of whom the Hopi believe that they still remember them.

The Spanish were angry at Hurúing Wuhti and two of them took their guns and proceeded to the abiding place of the deity. The Spaniards are very skillful and they found a way to get there. When they arrived at the house of Hurúing Wuhti the latter at once surmised what their intentions were. "You have come to kill me," she said; "don't do that; lay down your weapons and I shall show you something; I am not going to hurt you." They laid down their arms, whereupon she went to the rear end of the kiva and brought out a white lump like a stone and laid it before the two men, asking

p. 5

them to lift it up. One tried it, but could not lift it up, and what was worse, his hands adhered to the stone. The other man tried to assist him, but his hands also adhered to the stone, and thus they were both prisoners. Hereupon Hurúing Wuhti took the two guns and said: "These do not amount to anything," and then rubbed them between her hands to powder. She then said to them: "You people ought to live in peace with one another. You people of Spider Woman know many things, and the people whom we have made also know many, but different, things. You ought not to quarrel about these things, but learn from one another; if one has or knows a good thing he should exchange it with others for other good things that they know and have. If you will agree to this I shall release you. They said they did, and that they would no more try to kill the deity. Then the latter went to the rear end of the kiva where she disappeared through an opening in the floor, from where she exerted a secret influence upon the stone and thus released the two men, They departed, but Hurúing Wuhti did not fully trust them, thinking that they would return, but they never did.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I'm inclined to believe stories of a powerful sea nation, just one that is more in keeping within reason.

It would have the technology to navigate the oceans, and from that technology it would gain whatever it found when it visited the various lands it encountered.

It would achieve a compilation of knowledge that was impressive enough for other nations to want to learn and emulated it. Including a money system to enable trade (which would usually be to the advantage of the sea power, because of its access to such a wide variety of wares.)

Basically, an ancient "Great Britain" with a "Sun never sets" empire. Something exactly like what our history remembers, except much earlier, and without the "Guns, Germs, and Steel" part. So it couldn't just conquer and colonize everyone. (Not that it didn't try to.)

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous

originally posted by: St Udio
[

Mini-Nova Sun cycle

This one is confirmed by science.

www.express.co.uk...

There was a solar flare event in 1859 called the "Carrington Event" that caused telegraph lines to heat up, and in a few cases even catch fire. That's in recorded history. Who knows how many similar events happened prior to the age of electricity and didn't get observed because there were no telegraph lines?

It wouldn't matter if there was one every day, if there was no grid for it to affect.
Particles streaming toward the Earth from a flare are invisible, except for the increase in the Aurora Borealis that they cause.

They can affect ozone. The telegraph lines are just how it was detected.

& Pole Shift

Also confirmed by science.

en.wikipedia.org...

Also doesn't matter, since you've linked the wrong kind of pole shift.

That is the kind I assumed was being discussed. A magnetic reversal. Nobody was discussing an actual physical flipping of the Earth. (Just something that could play a role in moving the axis of spin 30 degrees off from where it was.)

& Crustal Displacement = 3 of the 4 Horsemen-of-apocalypse in the near future

This is the only one left in dispute.

But as I've pointed out elsewhere, if you look at a top down map of the placement of glaciers during the last ice age, a common sense interpretation would be the layout of the ice is kind of lopsided.

Unless the North Pole were located somewhere other than where it is today.

Sure, if the Earth was smooth as a billiard ball.

originally posted by: bloodymarvelousAlso, I'm not sure that "crustal displacement" necessarily has to be the mechanism. It is a plausible mechanism, but the ability of planets to change their axis of rotation is well known. What mostly holds the Earth's axis in place is the Moon, and the force of the Earth's slightly bulging toward the location the Moon is at.
Crustal displacement is in no way a "plausible mechanism."
Also, you have confused the axis of rotation with the orientation of the axis of rotation.

originally posted by: bloodymarvelousIf an event such as the Haiawatha meteor impact, were to create a large displacement of water far away from the tidal displacement, and on a scale comparable to that of the tidal swell, giving the planet two asymmetric features instead of one, it would probably be pulled toward the weighted average of both of them for a while, until it had time to redistribute its mass evenly again.

www.nationalgeographic.com...

If the planet is already pretty well distributed, and you melt trillions of kg of ice, and have the resulting water run off into the ocean, then a whole lot of mass that was previously located a mile or more upwards toward the sky at one location, has now moved to sea level and distributed itself over another. All while the planet is still spinning.

Which would result in a tiny wobble lasting maybe an hour, and a slight change in rotational speed that would take maybe a few milliseconds off the time required to complete one revolution.

Harte

It would be a long standing change in the distribution of mass. If a mile high glacier, spread over a large area, melts and runs off into the ocean, that's billions of tons of mass that used to be in one place, and now goes into another.

It's a small change, but one that can't correct itself overnight. Glaciers take a long time to form.

For comparison, the tide created by the Moon is only about 0.6 meters tall. But 0.6 meters is enough to keep the Earth's poles in place, if no larger misdistribution elsewhere acts against it.

It wouldn't be a sudden shift, though. The tiny change in mass distribution would gradually drag the axis of rotation toward/away from it spin by spin over a long time, until a new symmetric distribution of mass was reached.

I'm just thinking .... it's a more plausible explanation for the lopsided glaciers. And it makes the Piri Reis (or other Ice free Antarctica maps) fit better with history.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
[

Mini-Nova Sun cycle

This one is confirmed by science.

www.express.co.uk...

There was a solar flare event in 1859 called the "Carrington Event" that caused telegraph lines to heat up, and in a few cases even catch fire. That's in recorded history. Who knows how many similar events happened prior to the age of electricity and didn't get observed because there were no telegraph lines?

It wouldn't matter if there was one every day, if there was no grid for it to affect.
Particles streaming toward the Earth from a flare are invisible, except for the increase in the Aurora Borealis that they cause.

They can affect ozone. The telegraph lines are just how it was detected.

Quite true. Now show how a temporarily depleted ozone layer would rapidly melt a glacier and you're onto something.
Also, you have no problem with a solar flare being called a "mini nova?" LOL

& Pole Shift

Also confirmed by science.

en.wikipedia.org...

Also doesn't matter, since you've linked the wrong kind of pole shift.

That is the kind I assumed was being discussed. A magnetic reversal. Nobody was discussing an actual physical flipping of the Earth. (Just something that could play a role in moving the axis of spin 30 degrees off from where it was.)

Safe assumption, but you never know on ATS. Suggest you reread the earlier posts.

& Crustal Displacement = 3 of the 4 Horsemen-of-apocalypse in the near future

This is the only one left in dispute.

But as I've pointed out elsewhere, if you look at a top down map of the placement of glaciers during the last ice age, a common sense interpretation would be the layout of the ice is kind of lopsided.

Unless the North Pole were located somewhere other than where it is today.

Sure, if the Earth was smooth as a billiard ball.

originally posted by: bloodymarvelousAlso, I'm not sure that "crustal displacement" necessarily has to be the mechanism. It is a plausible mechanism, but the ability of planets to change their axis of rotation is well known. What mostly holds the Earth's axis in place is the Moon, and the force of the Earth's slightly bulging toward the location the Moon is at.
Crustal displacement is in no way a "plausible mechanism."
Also, you have confused the axis of rotation with the orientation of the axis of rotation.

originally posted by: bloodymarvelousIf an event such as the Haiawatha meteor impact, were to create a large displacement of water far away from the tidal displacement, and on a scale comparable to that of the tidal swell, giving the planet two asymmetric features instead of one, it would probably be pulled toward the weighted average of both of them for a while, until it had time to redistribute its mass evenly again.

If the planet is already pretty well distributed, and you melt trillions of kg of ice, and have the resulting water run off into the ocean, then a whole lot of mass that was previously located a mile or more upwards toward the sky at one location, has now moved to sea level and distributed itself over another. All while the planet is still spinning.

Which would result in a tiny wobble lasting maybe an hour, and a slight change in rotational speed that would take maybe a few milliseconds off the time required to complete one revolution.

Harte

originally posted by: bloodymarvelousIt would be a long standing change in the distribution of mass. If a mile high glacier, spread over a large area, melts and runs off into the ocean, that's billions of tons of mass that used to be in one place, and now goes into another.

It's a small change, but one that can't correct itself overnight. Glaciers take a long time to form.

No, it would be evenly distrubuted over the Earth's surface in a very short time. Remember that the surface is about 70% water. Flows into the ocean don't simply stay in one spot - even if they're still frozen glaciers, since the displacement (equal to the mass of the glacier) would quickly be evened out around the globe.
Like I said, this would cause a slight wobble that would quickly dampen to nothing.

I'm just thinking .... it's a more plausible explanation for the lopsided glaciers. And it makes the Piri Reis (or other Ice free Antarctica maps) fit better with history.
Piri Reis doesn't show Antarctica at all. It's the southern end of South America.

Also, there are multiple reasons for placement (and existence) of glaciers. Remember how climate change was supposedly melting the glacier on Kilimanjaro? Turned out to be wind no longer being blocked because of deforestation below the mountain.

Parts of Siberia were almost surrounded by glaciers but didn't glaciate.

Harte

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Harte

originally posted by: bloodymarvelousIt would be a long standing change in the distribution of mass. If a mile high glacier, spread over a large area, melts and runs off into the ocean, that's billions of tons of mass that used to be in one place, and now goes into another.

No, it would be evenly distrubuted over the Earth's surface in a very short time. Remember that the surface is about 70% water. Flows into the ocean don't simply stay in one spot - even if they're still frozen glaciers, since the displacement (equal to the mass of the glacier) would quickly be evened out around the globe.
Like I said, this would cause a slight wobble that would quickly dampen to nothing.

Piri Reis doesn't show Antarctica at all. It's the southern end of South America.

Also, there are multiple reasons for placement (and existence) of glaciers. Remember how climate change was supposedly melting the glacier on Kilimanjaro? Turned out to be wind no longer being blocked because of deforestation below the mountain.

Parts of Siberia were almost surrounded by glaciers but didn't glaciate.

Harte

An object can only spin indefinitely around its center of mass.

If the axis had been stable prior to the impact, the mass distribution was THEREFORE pretty much symmetric along the axis of spin.

At least insofar as any imbalance on one side was corrected by an equal imbalance on the opposite side. A non-sphere can spin just fine if all of its deviations are balanced against each other.

In the case of the mile high glaciers, it's possible that mass under the surface of the Earth has gradually moved to achieve this. Or land on the other side could have been elevated. But it must have been the case that it was true.

So if a large area of mile high glaciers were in place, it therefore must have been PART of that symmetry. Its removal must therefore have been a change FROM symmetry.

In a symmetry question, lack of something is no different than overabundance of something. The newly vanished glaciers would have left a hole in the symmetry.

Another way to look at it would be the mass that had been counter balancing the glaciers (either under the surface or by elevation of land mass, or etc) would need time to settle.

But basically , if you make any localized change to the mass of one area of a spinning object in free space, but don't make an equal and opposite change to the other side, you're going to throw it off its axis.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous
The Moon provides the dampening.
It's a small wobble for a short time.

The masses involved are laughably larger than the largest iceberg imaginable.
The entire mass of Arctic ice could shift to the equator with no long lasting impact on the Earth's spin.

The weather would suck though.

Harte

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 05:04 AM
link   

You aksed me for a list of cultures that talk about a Golden Age. I give you a list and you try and discet it. Why not try mentally assmebling the infromation and wondering why there is a patern there. Which there is.

You really are not qualified in any respect to talk about this like an authority when you dont have an understanding of the ages of man that are represented worldwide in mythology.

Go and learn some about the mayan ages, or the greek of better still the Vedic. The periods may as you said be very long. Thats because you dont understand what you are reading.

But as you said you have already debunked that. I will put a couple of threads up on this soon. Your welcome to come and learn when I do.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 05:35 AM
link   

You aksed me for a list of cultures that talk about a Golden Age. I give you a list and you try and discet it. Why not try mentally assmebling the infromation and wondering why there is a patern there. Which there is.

No, I asked about cultures that talked about an age when they "walked with the gods," which was the claim you made and have yet to support.
Nice try.

Harte

<< 7  8  9   >>

join