It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM: How Trump Bashing And Trump's Bashing Has Benefited Us All

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Good political story of the symbiotic relationship between Trump and the leftest MSM which bashes him the most by slinging mud and fantasy. I for one had no idea of the massive increase with the New York Times. No wonder they are relentless in their constant every day Trump coverage (and bashing) and CNN has the most viewers since 1980.

If anyone here expected the press to ever be objective again, I think you are in for a rude surprise as there is just way to much money to be made in the new "Jerry Springer Show / WWE" type news.

www.france24.com...

Although Donald Trump has an antagonistic relationship with The New York Times and CNN, the ‘Trump bump’ has been a business boon

Despite these tensions, The New York Times – like CNN – is far from failing. On the contrary, both outlets are enjoying booming subscription and viewer figures thanks to Trump’s presidency.

This trajectory has continued. “NYT has well surpassed initial expectations for subscriber growth […] following the ‘Trump bump’,” JP Morgan analyst Alexia Quadrani wrote to clients in April 2018. The New York Times Company’s share price outperformed those of Apple, Amazon and Facebook between Trump’s election in 2016 and the end of June 2018, soaring by 141 percent.

“When I talked to the [executive] editor of The New York Times [Dean Baquet], he told me with a smile on his face that Donald Trump has done at least one good thing – and that is that he has boosted the circulation of The New York Times,”

CNN has been a notable beneficiary of the rise of Trump. Despite the president’s incorrect statement in July 2017 that its ratings are “way down”, the cable news channel received more viewers in 2017 than in any other year since it was founded in 1980.

The network has maintained impressive ratings in 2018, with the third-highest second quarter viewing figures in 23 years (behind 2017 and 2003, the year of the Iraq War).

But it seems that Trump has also benefitted from CNN.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The only people that suffer from this is the public at large.

Trump gets the MSM rating bumps.

The MSM gets Trump attention.

Both of whome eat it up.

At our expense...

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Mastermind or fool? Is he right? This would be similar to catching the gun industry funding Dianne Feinstein's re-election in order to increase gun sales.

www.france24.com...

Trump believes that this power – and that of other mainstream media organisations – will work to give him the edge in his 2020 re-election battle.

Concluding his December 2017 interview with The New York Times, Trump said: “Another reason that I’m going to win another four years is because newspapers, television, all forms of media will tank if I’m not there because without me, their ratings are going down the tubes […] So they basically have to let me win.”

Trump’s symbiotic relationship with the US media may well help carry him to re-election

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
The only people that suffer from this is the public at large.

Trump gets the MSM rating bumps.

The MSM gets Trump attention.

Both of whome eat it up.

At our expense...

It's not like the twitter in chief doesn't provide plenty of content. trump has always been entertainment and that's what the American public craves like an addiction to covfefe. The public isn't suffering, they love it. And the msm gives the public what it wants. It's about ratings and profit from the ad sales....doin business the American way! Capitalism and free market enterprises...what's the problem?

I think the midterm elections have given us a glimpse of the future....
edit on 2-12-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Don't be a hypocrite. You want the MSM to be respected and the left acts like they're in danger of suppression but CNN and the NYTs and many others are basically TMZ. Its 24/7 BS and they throw out anything that sticks and make corrections later. I try my best to not act like a Trump supporter but you endorsing this Yellow Journalism really shows us the state of the country. Resist at all costs is frustrating to me.

yea, its capitalism but don't claim they need to be respected if they shovel biased news to feed their echo chamber.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Personally, I just wonder if we will EVER have straight news reporting again. You know, nothing but statements about what “actually” happened in any given event. I can’t think of any network that doesn’t add opinion to their supposedly “news” reporting. Even local news has started doing it, mimicking the opinion giving of their respective networks morning shows.

Objective journalism is dead...R.I.P.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Trump's idiotic rants have somehow benefited both him and the MSM. Do I think the MSM got sucked up into Trump's style? Perhaps. But it's kinda hard to even report on someone who lies daily, says anything that comes to mind (no matter how inflammatory or false), name calls when he can't debate the facts, doesn't have a grasp of how the world works (and refuses to read the intel provided to him), dangles indecision out in front of everyone like strategy when he has no clue what to do, and constantly screams "look at me!". Really, what was the media at large supposed to do? The entire world watches that dude and sees a spastic train wreck. To report on Trump with any sort of objective approach is going to make Trump look bad. Even just playing his speeches without any sort of commentary. Cause Trump is Trump.

Except his lil crew. They got his back... facts, actions, and words be damned. Daily mental olympics make Trump the victim (well, his followers too, they are also victims, it's so hard to be them).

But hey, Trump as president is capitalism personified. The marriage of the corporations, entertainment, and politics all together in one technicolor tornado. Enjoy the corporate globalism disguised as "nationalism".
edit on 2-12-2018 by okrian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us
Personally, I just wonder if we will EVER have straight news reporting again. You know, nothing but statements about what “actually” happened in any given event. I can’t think of any network that doesn’t add opinion to their supposedly “news” reporting. Even local news has started doing it, mimicking the opinion giving of their respective networks morning shows.

Objective journalism is dead...R.I.P.

I now pretty much just get my news on the internet. Most of that is from independent journalist. FOX has totally gone full CFR mode now. I used to just watch it at 6 pm for JUST news and noticed even that hour they are bringing in talking heads from globalist think tanks.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
They say that cnn is enjoying a boom in viewers?
False- while they saw a slight gain in viewers during 2016 (just like all news networks durning a presidential election) they went down over 40% in 2017.
www.snopes.com...

Fox News has 3 times the viewers of cnn and msnbc and only saw a decline of 2% from 2016 to 2017.

All news outlets see a bump in viewer during important events, the difference is that after the election the leftist media went full retard and anyone who isn’t a mindless drone pulled back the veil they called “news” and revealed the whinny children underneath.

And don’t think that my distain for the current left is support of the right. Fox is just as hard to watch.

Oh and I almost forgot, Alex Jones gets more viewers than cnn so be careful with any implication that number of viewers= level of credibility.
edit on 2-12-2018 by Quantumgamer1776 because: The voices

new topics

top topics

join