It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pathetic rules and 'company policy'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I've been away for a few days, visiting my mother for her birthday, nightmare 8 hour train ride from hell though coming back lol, there was a shuttle bus service between a couple of stations due to work on the train tracks, and I was pointed to the wrong bus, ended up miles away from where I needed to be, on my return to the correct train station I had missed my train!

I got stopped by a ticket inspector on the train I jumped on and he wanted to fine me £80 for being on the wrong train, I told him to go # himself and call the cops because I wasn't giving him my name or anything if he wasn't a cop, and he would not be able to kick me off the train without physical violence.
I also told him the missed train was with the same company so they have suffered no actual loss as there were plenty of seats, so if they want cash from me they'll have to go through the civil court system and sue me.
He backed off then, knew I knew my rights...jumped up little prick in a suit.

£80 penalty for a mistake at their side pointing me to the wrong bus, then making out Great Western Railway have suffered some material loss because it wasn't the train specified on my ticket, lol, no chance I was paying that, I'd rather be arrested as they tried to get me off the train, they still wouldn't get that £80 off me.
Pity though, some old person, or somebody less assertive than me would have meekly given their name and address then paid it.
Robbing bastards.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Did you calmly try and discuss the situation or did you go all in pre-flop?

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263
Haha, I calmly discussed even when I told him to go # himself, calmly spoken words, no adrenaline rush, just asserting my authority to the situation.
I even used 'cop speak' and told him "What I need you to do is calm down because you seem agitated" that made me laugh as well. Jumped up little prick telling me I owe him £80 when no person or entity has suffered a material loss through a situation caused by the company.
It was funny to be fair, he knew he couldn't physically get me off that train without cops.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Heh, try that on an airplane sometime and let us know how it works out for ya!

I'm bettin' you'll be takin' cuts in line to pay 80 pounds after that.

I agree with your position though.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
Haha!
Planes are different mate!

I was either getting home or going to a police station cell, I didn't care either way, but the train company was not getting £80 off me, that was set in stone. I would have enjoyed the fun of being sued for it to be honest, my day in court and all that...no material loss to anyone, the same diesel was used to carry me, just a different engine using it.
...and the rail company put me on the wrong bus lol, it wasn't even my fault.
EDIT
Weedy bloke in some pretend looking 'authority' costume and a stab vest will never get £80 off me lol
edit on 2-12-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Wow, a little cranky today. Maybe on days like this you should change your name to CrankyCeltGuy

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Wow, a little cranky today. Maybe on days like this you should change your name to CrankyCeltGuy

Haha no, I'm in a good mood as usual, amused would be the word. I have 'authority' issues generally, I fight 'the man' at every turn, because I can.
The second someone believes they have the power to force me to do something I rebel...it's a game to me, including police...because I can.
EDIT
I refuse to give my details to police unless they have suspicion I've committed a crime/arrest me, or they have reasonable suspicion under the terrorism act. They hate it, they absolutely hate it, but I love reminding them of the law. If asked to sit in their patrol car I will always refuse because I don't have to unless I'm under arrest. Honestly, cops are easy to deal with in the UK if you know the law and your rights.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: and14263
Haha, I calmly discussed even when I told him to go # himself, calmly spoken words, no adrenaline rush, just asserting my authority to the situation.
I even used 'cop speak' and told him "What I need you to do is calm down because you seem agitated" that made me laugh as well. Jumped up little prick telling me I owe him £80 when no person or entity has suffered a material loss through a situation caused by the company.
It was funny to be fair, he knew he couldn't physically get me off that train without cops.

Calmly telling someone to go f themself... yeah. Right.

I’ve dealt with pricks like you both in the military and as a cop. You. Are. A. Cock.

Try not telling people to F off. It will get you a great deal further.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: 35Foxtrot
Haha you seem grumpy!

Yes I can calmly tell someone acting like he has authority over me to go # himself. I can calmly remind him that he ain't getting £80 off me, or my name and address, or getting me off the train without cops lol.
Yes, it was a chuckle to be honest, the prick didn't know what to do, but if I had been some old person he would have taken their money.
Robbing bastard I say...but cry tears for him if you wish.
EDIT

It will get you a great deal further.

...I didn't need to get a great deal further, I won, I got home and didn't have to pay £80 because I argued my case...calmly.
Oh and calling me a cock isn't cool with some ATS mods, I got asked recently not to use the term unless I was talking about a rooster lol...you seem agitated.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

GWT. Says it all sadly.
You notice I left the Great out of that.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

You've not met GWT Staff.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

You've not met GWT Staff.

Sorry, double post.
edit on 2-12-2018 by Cymru because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru
Lol yes, and to your reply to grumpy pants, agreed, the guy was all authoritarian telling me stuff like I had to give him money or my details and that was the end of it.
Not with me, he needed cops to get me off the train, and being arrested would have been preferable to me than bowing down to the prick.
CornishCeltGuy 1-0 Great Western Railway ticket inspector, haha.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Cannot post a pic from this mobile but "I hate you Butler" will resonate with UK Members or a chronoligical disorder.

Blakey from On the Buses

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru
Haha yes! Matey in the costume and the stab vest was like Blakey on 'On the buses' jumped up twat, he was so pissed off that he couldn't do anything except call cops lol...I called his bluff. He walked away, the prick.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
These sost of people are in all walks of life. give em a bit of power and they go all Adolph on you. Building inspectors are just the same. They think that they can run roughshod over anybody, but if you know the regs. you can call their bluff. But the majority of the time it's beat to play completely dumb even asking their advice (cos that makes them think they are cleverer than you).
I do wonder if they have to pass a test when interviewed or they get on job training to be complete twats.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed
Planning officers are terrible for that in my area, wooden sash windows, local natural stone etc, but if a big company comes in wanting to use glass and steel then no problem.
Money changes hands for sure, but I'm straying off topic in my GWR train company rant lol.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
...oh, apparently after giving my name and address I could follow their appeal process to turn over the penalty charge. I told him to go # himself over that option as well because the only authority I recognise is the civil or criminal courts.
If the rail company want money off me they are gonna have to go to court, and I would have had a laugh defending myself...told the 'ticket inspector' wearing fancy dress costume the same lol

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

originally posted by: rickymouse

Haha no, I'm in a good mood as usual, amused would be the word. I have 'authority' issues generally, I fight 'the man' at every turn, because I can.
The second someone believes they have the power to force me to do something I rebel...it's a game to me, including police...because I can.
EDIT
I refuse to give my details to police unless they have suspicion I've committed a crime/arrest me, or they have reasonable suspicion under the terrorism act. They hate it, they absolutely hate it, but I love reminding them of the law. If asked to sit in their patrol car I will always refuse because I don't have to unless I'm under arrest. Honestly, cops are easy to deal with in the UK if you know the law and your rights.

If you refuses to get in their patrol car years back, you would find out how the paint looked on their hood or your hood as they slammed your head on the hood. We were taught to not challenge the cops, you went to court and worked it out there. If caught speeding, it was act nice and get no ticket or a lesser ticket or even a fix it ticket or question their authority and get a full blown ticket and subsequent tickets as the year went on. I was always polite to the police, it cost me a lot less than many of my friends who got mouthy.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
Cops are professionals here in the UK these days. In my area most have a university degree in legal studies or whatever.
Being arrested in Britain takes some effort, and now with their body cams if you know the law they have to behave themselves.
...back in the 1980's it was different, no CCTV in the police station at all, I've been beaten until I was sick in a police cell many years ago. Maybe why I have 'authority' issues, maybe why I like CCTV...it protects citizens from the state as well.
Being arrested these days is like the least scariest thing to happen to you in Britain...if you are calm, and know the law.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join