It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caravan Migrants Back Down From Storming Border – Say They Were Lied to About Entering US

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Sometimes you say things worth liking … just not so much this time? *shrug*

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I would have to agree... to the USA people on here

Your country IS ABSOLUTELY being stolen

Every western country is

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Look at the front page. You're lying to yourself if you don't consider this to be a right wing blog these days.

a reply to: seeker1963

Your point? Obviously I don't care about following the herd around here. I know the are quite a few people who feel like their opinions need to be validated on a continuous basis which is why they come here or go to Facebook or Twitter.

Again, what's your point?

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

we could just build the wall around Cali. All the migrants would flock to the utopia that is Southern California.

But how they going to get over the wall?
..walls keep people out, also..keep them in.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

Why allow voting by mail in first place show up to poll and vote next Cali will be opening voting polls in San Quentin and Folsom prisons.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Look at the front page. You're lying to yourself if you don't consider this to be a right wing blog these days.

No, it's not a right wing blog. It's a forum where people who are capable of critically thinking about current events instead of letting others do their thinking for them come to discuss and share thoughts.

Oh, wait ... Yeah, that's right wing. My bad ...
:
edit on 2018 12 03 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

Ah, so just as I expected the caravan led nowhere. It was good propaganda I guess, people ate it up and still are, just like every other subjective issue the media conjures up for us to fight each other over.

You guys are such suckers, you continually fall for the propaganda over and over and are no less blind to the fact that it's all propaganda.

It "led nowhere" because Trump sent the military so we were PREPARED when they tried to bum rush the border last weekend. It also is not over with. It is an ongoing situation still.

What role did the military play in subverting this crisis ?

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

No, it's not a right wing blog. It's a forum where people who are capable of critically thinking about current events instead of letting others do their thinking for them come to discuss and share thoughts.

:

OK then it's a blog that's populated by mainly right wingers who spend much of the time being led to conclusions, then attacking others that disagree while patting each other on the back for being so right...

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 02:35 AM
link   
This manufactured caravan disaster is a perfect example of the value some put on a human life. The organizers should be held to some degree of accountability for this, although, I know they won’t. It’s tragic that human lives are used for political posturing and personal gains of the elite but sadly they are.

I’m not sure what the answer is for all the worlds woes, but this certainly isn’t it.

Should we let them in and add their tent’s to all the other tent cities in America?

Should we solve our own gang, homeless and hunger problems or continue to ignore those problems?

:

That's exactly right. I find it funny that many here think I'm far right wing because of the subject matter I speak out against or for. My vote is usually cast for common sense and that just seems to land on the right more often than not. I find it difficult to align or agree with bat chit crazy.

edit on 3-12-2018 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I will say it again. Countires mess with one another in out if the box ways these days.

They dont use traditional weapons and armies to attack, they use more subtle methods like the organizing of carvans.

A huge message was just sent to the world, you cannot storm the u.s. border.

If the world was seeing that America could not hold their border, whole other game.

Mexico in a week used a majority of their reserved funds to house the mob, they handed out over single tent they had.
Now day by day their medical expenses and need of police to babysit the mob is putting Mexico in the red.

The u.s. is rich enough to blur some of those expenses.

how are people not taking about the price

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

Seems like one of those news pieces to get people wound up, which person used the word unconscionable , and why is only "the leaders" quoted, what did she say about the leaders, anything, nothing? or looking at how it is quoted she merely said "the leaders" and left

Not disputing the fact people are trying to move across the border but the article is pretty sparse of anything other than emotion

I live in Sonora. My landlords are about to move to Tijuana. I'm fluent in Spanish and am listening to the news here (including hearing and reading what Gastélum (mayor of Tijuana) is saying.

No, this is not a news piece to "get people wound up," unless it's the truth that gets people wound up - in which case maybe they should be wound up.

My take is that Gastélum is at least implicitly acknowledging that his federal gov't has screwed up in allowing these people to get this far and dumping them on his constituency. Now he's left holding the bag of crap and he doesn't like it.

Mexicans (especially those in Tijuana) are not all warm and welcoming. Most of them seem to be pissed off.

BTW, I'm not sure I entirely get the point of your original thought. Do you figure that those Central Americans are too ignorant to express a concept like unconscionable, or what? Just poor, dumb, ignorant people in your world view?

And the comment about "the leaders" clearly referred to the folks who organized this fiasco. (Yes, it was not a grass-roots movement, but was actually put together by a political movement that lied to these people and is essentially using them for cannon fodder.

:

I am not sure how you jump to the conclusion i am suggesting they are dumb, i am using the english language to interpret the quote, and the only words that were in quotation were "the leaders", i am trying to understand what was said and by whom, as it just looks like an article written by a red top in the UK, with little substance
edit on 3-12-2018 by UpIsNowDown because: edit

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

why does your thread ATTEMPT to link 2 independent issues ?????????
They are not so independent. Illegals come to the States and vote Democrat abd the Sin Fronteras thing is proof that they are being told to do this by communist organuzers( might as well call it the right name).

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

OK then it's a blog that's populated by mainly right wingers who spend much of the time being led to conclusions, then attacking others that disagree while patting each other on the back for being so right...

I don't think so; many on ATS that were here during the Bush years were against him and his war, they were against McCain & Romney when they ran, many were for Obama. That's back when you could be a independent centrist, many were for Ron Paul who was libertarian.

This is what happen to push ATS more to the right, Bernie was totally robbed by the sinister Hillary during the DNC primary, who is like a villain from a Disney movie, cackle and all.
After Trump won the left pushed themselves even further left so much so even the never-Trumpers independent centrists were stuck in place they didn't want to be.
All this stupidity from the left has pushed people away, repulsed them, and so they hold their nose and support the current president who at least has an iota of common sense in some area's......that is where ATS is right now like it or not.

If only the left could come up with a reasonable platform and a semi-competent leader they would have a shot at the presidency again.
But they need to stop catering to just the liberals in California and New York, get some platform points that sell in fly over country too.
The only problem is they can only do it after they win the primary, otherwise they won't make it through that process.
edit on 3-12-2018 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
As I've said almost from the start of this caravan, I feel terrible for these people: They have been used as pawns in a political game, and these game players (I say it is the Progressives in the US) are exploiting people's hopes, dreams, and misfortunes simply for a political end.

Why can't people see that these Progressives (assuming that it is them) are rather selfish, evil-minded people who could care less about the lives that they ruin on the path to their own personal gains and goals?

Yes, I know that there are right-wing people and organizations that undertake similar tactics, and that both sides have those who feign caring for others as a guise to attaining their own power and fortune, but we're not talking about all things right now, only the abuse and exploitation of these particular people in this/these caravan(s).

It's inhumane to do this to people (make empty promises and put them on a extreme road march to a land of salvation that isn't actually there). Those who set this in place are the worst types of human beings imaginable, and if I'm wrong and it was some other political group, no matter which side, I still say the same thing. I just see the Progressives having the most to gain politically in this whole debacle, so that's why I hold my opinion as I do.

And I think that the arrival was later than they hoped--I think that it was a plan to have what has been going on at the border (tear gas, rubber bullets, etc.) within a week before the election to sway emotional response at the ballet. Since that failed, I think that these poor people at the border are now going to be tossed to the wayside and "the organizers" will move on to another manufactured crisis.

These "organizers" deserve to be publicly tortured, IMO.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

And the problem with them winning the House this past election is that they will have a false sense of pushing the same agenda that made them lose the presidency and the more seats in the Senat, and probably make them think that they can continue diving deeper into the far-left pool.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Imagine that... I wonder how many Central and South American John Smiths voted for Hillary.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: 3n19m470

Ah, so just as I expected the caravan led nowhere. It was good propaganda I guess, people ate it up and still are, just like every other subjective issue the media conjures up for us to fight each other over.

You guys are such suckers, you continually fall for the propaganda over and over and are no less blind to the fact that it's all propaganda.

It "led nowhere" because Trump sent the military so we were PREPARED when they tried to bum rush the border last weekend. It also is not over with. It is an ongoing situation still.

What role did the military play in subverting this crisis ?

They fortified the border, installed razor wire, and provided a presence that stopped a mob from entering illegally. It was in the news, you didn't see it?

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATruGod

originally posted by: Aallanon
a reply to: ATruGod

www.sos.ca.gov... give-voters-opportunity-correct-mismatched-mail-ballots/

. Current law does not require an election official to notify or allow the voter to remedy the situation.

Now it does. Which proves Your point about no requirement now wrong, as obviously there is still a requirement if they can now "remedy the situation" by contacting the Voter.

You asked for a link for proof, got requested link, then argued link with no link provided for your argument.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Those people must mingle with some really dumb people to think everyone else is that stupid.

Nobody with a brain would be dumb enough to think that thousands of people woke up one day and decided they would stroll on up to the border of the U.S. a couple thousand miles or more north.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

:

But unlike a left wing blog we don't block people we disagree with. That seems to be a major sticking point for people . No safe place here.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join