It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caravan Migrants Back Down From Storming Border – Say They Were Lied to About Entering US

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I wonder if the losers who paid for for the buses and the food and the other expenses involved in moving thousands of people all the way to the border are going to pay one single cent for the long walk home?

I bet not.

Ha ha haaaaaa. It’s a looooong walk home too. Oh well, so sad.

Not.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

MSM and ATS members said NO ONE is financing this. They can't be wrong.

"Alisyn, who's paying for the caravan?" he repeated. "I'd like to know. I think you should put a reporter on it. Who's paying for it?"

"Oh, we have a reporter on it, let me answer your question," Camerota said. "No one is paying for the caravan. Poor people are marching 2700—"

thehill.com...
edit on 2-12-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Ah, so just as I expected the caravan led nowhere. It was good propaganda I guess, people ate it up and still are, just like every other subjective issue the media conjures up for us to fight each other over.

You guys are such suckers, you continually fall for the propaganda over and over and are no less blind to the fact that it's all propaganda.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Pueblo Sin Fronteras (Nation Without Borders)

www.pueblosinfronteras.org...

Their website

www.paypal.me...

The link to use Paypal to fund the caravan

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

Seems like one of those news pieces to get people wound up, which person used the word unconscionable , and why is only "the leaders" quoted, what did she say about the leaders, anything, nothing? or looking at how it is quoted she merely said "the leaders" and left

Not disputing the fact people are trying to move across the border but the article is pretty sparse of anything other than emotion

I live in Sonora. My landlords are about to move to Tijuana. I'm fluent in Spanish and am listening to the news here (including hearing and reading what Gastélum (mayor of Tijuana) is saying.

No, this is not a news piece to "get people wound up," unless it's the truth that gets people wound up - in which case maybe they should be wound up.

My take is that Gastélum is at least implicitly acknowledging that his federal gov't has screwed up in allowing these people to get this far and dumping them on his constituency. Now he's left holding the bag of crap and he doesn't like it.

Mexicans (especially those in Tijuana) are not all warm and welcoming. Most of them seem to be pissed off.

BTW, I'm not sure I entirely get the point of your original thought. Do you figure that those Central Americans are too ignorant to express a concept like unconscionable, or what? Just poor, dumb, ignorant people in your world view?

And the comment about "the leaders" clearly referred to the folks who organized this fiasco. (Yes, it was not a grass-roots movement, but was actually put together by a political movement that lied to these people and is essentially using them for cannon fodder.

:
edit on 2018 12 02 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Ah, so just as I expected the caravan led nowhere. It was good propaganda I guess, people ate it up and still are, just like every other subjective issue the media conjures up for us to fight each other over.

You guys are such suckers, you continually fall for the propaganda over and over and are no less blind to the fact that it's all propaganda.

However, had the ever growing migrant caravan been completely ignored, who knows how many migrants would have stormed the border (which would have not had DoD support in place).

Propaganda? Probably, as everything the right and left use politically is technically propaganda. Something the US should have ignored? Not likely.

It’s fine if you want to keep your head in the sand and pretend nefarious things don’t happen around the world. Ideally there’s enough US citizens paying attention that the US will remain sovereign indefinitely.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I know, I was merely pointing out the fake news MSM and their claim they investigated this and there is absolutely no one supporting it .. and now we know they were wrong (or worse lied).

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

What?!?!

The majority of us here(leftists excluded) knew this was propaganda and a political stunt from the start. You are literally preaching to other more versed preachers.

Your soapboxing and manufactured outrage may get likes on Twitter and Facebook.

But not here.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

You knew it was propaganda or you knew it was an invasion of mainly adult males of looking to fight?

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Didn't Tijuana just kick their new tent city about 7 miles out of town?

edit on 2-12-2018 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: fightzone58
www.youtube.com...

That was the bestest!

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: fightzone58
www.youtube.com...

For folks who don't want to go off site ...

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Bottom line after a couple weeks..... they didn't get to invade. To march up to Tijuana is 1500 miles, to march to Brownsville Texas is 500 miles.

MAGA, build the WALL.

Charter buses

Also, supposedly starving individuals going on a hunger strike?

Hmm.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

I called it. I hope the organizers can't hide from the thousands of people that they forced greater hardship on.

They already escaped the thousands that were killed or are being held captive.

Organ doners and sex slaves. That's what these organizers "organized"

edit on 12 2 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Well no duh I'm not going to get likes on here, this is a right wing blog and I don't participate in the circle jerk. Why do you think I would expect to get likes?
edit on 12/2/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Only some people say ATS is a right-wing blog. Centrists, left of center and right of center users rarely do.

I would say that far left of center users are biased since they only deem full support of their ideas as evidence of being fairly treated.

ATS has brilliant minds from all walks of life. If you can't convince them then maybe YOU are wrong.

edit on 12 2 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Well no duh I'm not going to get likes on here, this is a right wing blog and I don't participate in the circle jerk. Why do you think I would expect to get likes?

Yet here you are?

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

It "led nowhere" because Trump sent the military so we were PREPARED when they tried to bum rush the border last weekend. It also is not over with. It is an ongoing situation still. And we don't know if some of them broke off from the main group and got through the border some other way.

There are still thousands of unwanted migrants right on the border in Tijuana... eating, defecating, #ing, spreading disease, requiring medical care and many other resources the Mexicans don't have to give...
So you can't really say it led nowhere and was just propaganda and we were all stupid to be concerned...

These are HUMAN BEINGS!! Not "fake news" or "propaganda". How dare you reduce these human lives to mere political theatrics? THEY ARE REAL!! THEY EXIST!! It's attitudes like yours which encouraged them to take this useless journey by trivializing human lives as "mere propaganda". THIS situation is what WE were trying to AVOID!!

And all you care about is scoring a point against your percieved political foes.

Just because they failed to successfully storm the border en masse, that means the entire thing was a total fabrication? They threw rocks at our border agents and used women and children as human shields!!!!!! I doubt the children would agree with you that this is all "just propaganda that idiots believe"...

What? You thought our ONLY concern was them getting into the country? We've been saying from the start this was irresponsibly encouraging people who dont know any better to put themselves and their families in danger!!!

And now look!!! Thousands of people are living in unsanitary conditions, and tensions are rising because the mexicans, for the most part dont want them there!

Thats NOT propaganda!

Those people's needless suffering is NOT PROPAGANDA!

What the hell is wrong with you?! Your flippant attitude toward these people's lives is very telling. Even if only 10% of them are good, decent, innocent people that's still 600 people, whos only crime was trusting and hoping, too much, with maybe a little bit of ignorance sprinkled in that also wasn't really their fault, and im guessing it could even be in the 20-40% range. Just because we don't want them in our country illegally doesn't mean we wish harm or misery upon them... jeez man. This is still a disaster, a humanitarian crisis.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

originally posted by: Aallanon
One woman was saying it’s unconscionable “the leaders” would lie to hungry people pic.twitter.com/AzoJMcjSGO

Seems like one of those news pieces to get people wound up, which person used the word unconscionable , and why is only "the leaders" quoted, what did she say about the leaders, anything, nothing? or looking at how it is quoted she merely said "the leaders" and left

Not disputing the fact people are trying to move across the border but the article is pretty sparse of anything other than emotion

At least some of the most important "leaders" were named in the article. Pueblo Sin Fronteras.
edit on 12/2/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

But, what if those 2 issues are not as independent as you might think? * crickets *

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join