It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Sharpton Sells His Life Story Rights For $531,000 — To His Own Charity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Any Al Sharpton fans out there? Some people consider Al Sharpton to be an influential civil rights leader. IMO, Sharpton is nothing more than a racist opportunist and political power broker, who loves the media spotlight. He has made many bigoted comments in the past...towards Jews, white people and moderate black politicians. He was even found guilty for slanderous comments, by the district attorney in the Tawana Brawley case.

Now, Sharpton wants for us to believe that there's nothing shady about his own charity paying him "$531,000 for his life story rights for a 10-year period.” This non-profit, the "National Action Network," is still paying off its tax liability...as is Sharpton's for-profit ventures, Raw Talents and Revals Communications. I still can't understand how Chuck Berry, Pete Rose, Leona Helmsely and "Survivor" reality star Richard Hatch all served jail time for tax avoidance, while Sharpton goes about his daily business. NAN can sell Sharpton's life story for a profit to anyone, while Sharpton benefits from the proceeds. Sharpton stated that two NAN board members came up with the idea and it was because, "they wanted to create a source of revenue for the civil-rights organization." Hmmm...really Al?

The National Action Network agreed to pay the activist preacher $531,000 for his “life story rights for a 10-year period,” according to the non-profit’s latest tax filing, which was obtained by The Post.

NAN can apparently turn around and sell those rights to Hollywood or other takers at a profit, but neither the reverend nor the charity would identify what producers are waiting for such Sharpton content.

Sharpton claimed the idea for the deal came from two NAN board members, whom he would not name. He said they wanted to create a source of revenue for the civil-rights organization after he steps down in about a year.

DUH:

Nonprofit experts said the transaction could be troubling because NAN — whose mission includes criminal justice reform and police accountability — was doing business with its president.

"afoul of IRS rules"...wouldn't be the first time, right Al?

If NAN paid too much it could run afoul of IRS rules regarding excess benefits given to a nonprofit’s key officials, which might put its tax-exempt status in jeopardy, Marcus Owens, a former IRS official and a partner with the Loeb & Loeb law firm in Washington, DC.

"funny business?"....naw, not by Al Sharpton. Al is completely on the up and up!

“When I see this kind of thing, it just makes me roll my eyes because there’s so much potential for funny business,” said Linda Sugin, a Fordham University Law School professor and associate dean. The organization’s tax filing noted that the board’s unnamed “executive committee independently approved” the deal. But Sugin questioned such how such independence was achieved. “In this case, it’s really difficult because of his role in the organization and just because of his overall influence,” she said.

nypost.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Gawd Bless Him. I mean I couldnt even get 28 Flags for mine,

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Al Sharpton and his message of equality doesn’t equate to paying taxes, apparently, as his unpaid tax debt is now more than $4.5 million, making him on of the biggest offenders in the country. Yet, for some reason, he hasn’t been sent to prison like other people have been, and should.

It appears blaming the white middle class, and having President Obama on speed dial can get you some “unannounced forgiveness” even for nearly $5 million and continued refusal to pay what you owe.

Book deals ? Comic books..... wait, I won't insult Comic books....

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
President Trump will be at his door steps soon.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Everyone wants to know how the good reverend gets away with all this including murder?? (See Freddie’s shoe store fire) like many, has a iron like protective skin coating of melanin! Many use it as a defense, least ye be called the dreaded ‘R’ word!! We Americans have granted this power, very sad...

edit on 12 024302 1818 by WUNK22 because: Spell check

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
This should surprise no one. It should also surprise no one that MSM has said nary a peep, though if the name Trump, Ryan, Graham, etc., were the recipient of said $531,000 in such a deal, we would hear/read it nonstop across all media 24/7 for weeks.

So amazing how the corruption investigations only flow in one direction (toward those on the right/conservatives), when there is so much evidence that those on the left/liberals are just as corrupt, if not moreso.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
There is only one word that comes to mind when ole Al comes up.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Say it loud
edit on 2-12-2018 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
God lord as if it wasn’t already bad enough it’s only the rights for 10 years so it’s not even in perpetuity, very shady stuff.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Do you suppose he will now pay his taxes? At least we know he has the money.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Wow what a truly great and selfless man.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Doesn't surprise me.

Linda Sarsour raised around $240,000 for the synagogue shooting, but only gave them $10,000. Claiming the rest was going towards fixing vandalized Jewish cemeteries, none of which claim to have received any of the money. She was caught giving the money to the Islamic Center of Pittsburgh.

They are the same.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

So Al Sharpton has a charity which gives money to. . . Al Sharpton?

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So Al Sharpton has a charity which gives money to. . . Al Sharpton?

Give brother Al a break, he was obviously inspired by the Clinton foundation.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Will they be selling it as single or two ply ?
edit on 2-12-2018 by Chance321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Sharpton is also an FBI informant...don't forget that.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
i predict - no movie will be made in the 10 year time frame for " reasons "

in 2029 - repeat

new topics

top topics

join