It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looooong distance relationships

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Just wondering how many of you have relationships with someone who lives in another country? How did you meet?

How often do you see each other?

If you moved which one made the "sacrifice" to move countries and cultures?

Did you have to learn a new language?

My BF is Dutch, lives in Holland (The Netherlands). I'm in the States. He was just here for two weeks and we had a wonderful time! I'm learning Dutch (so not easy lol) and I'll be the one who moves. I honestly can't wait to live there.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   
He's your boyfriend. And maybe your lover. Long distance loves are like a candle lit in our hearts. We must be aware when the candle darkens with the truth of a persons intent. Shall it be love forever. Shall it be a relationship that will never be forgotten. There are 2 paths to a man's heart. Explore them wisely.
Please remember this. The man's country is best for the woman that she marries. She must adapt to it very quickly. I hope you remember my words.

edit on 1200000040052018-12-02T06:05:40-06:00054012am6 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

edit on 1200000030062018-12-02T06:06:30-06:00063012am6 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

I did, it's been heaven. Soulmates always find each other you know? My life is exactly what It was meant to be and I'm happier than Ive ever been because I'm with the one I wanted, someone like me.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
He's your boyfriend. And maybe your lover. Long distance loves are like a candle lit in our hearts. We must be aware when the candle darkens with the truth of a persons intent. Shall it be love forever. Shall it be a relationship that will never be forgotten. There are 2 paths to a man's heart. Explore them wisely.
Please remember this. The man's country is best for the woman that she marries. She must adapt to it very quickly. I hope you remember my words.

ok......what are those two paths you mention? Not sure I really get your post since it's a bit all over the place to be honest.

I like my relationship how it is. He isn't like any American man I've met and I like that about him. I plan on moving to his country because I would be happier there. I would never ask him to live in the states. I wouldn't torture the poor man with this place. Everything he loves where he lives he would miss here. I won't miss a thing here honestly. I like the way of life where he is and I enjoy the culture and am enjoying learning the language even though it's not easy!

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 12/2/2018 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: KingJames

I did, it's been heaven. Soulmates always find each other you know? My life is exactly what It was meant to be and I'm happier than Ive ever been because I'm with the one I wanted, someone like me.

Awe that's wonderful! Where did you move from and to? How long were you together before you moved?

I met my BF online in the craziest way ever. I mean there is no other possible way would could have met if it wasn't for some stupid ad taking over my phone and pissing me off lol! I mean we are in two different worlds you could say. He doesn't do any social media so we never could have met there! I'm quite happy with him and floored to be honest with how he treats me. I joke all the time I needed a Dutchman in my life!

Glad you found your soulmate and happiness!

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   
My sister met a guy online. He moved from his European country to the U.S. because there were so many opportunities for him to make a lot of money with his job skills here that were not available to him in Europe. They've been married for over 10 years now.

Sal

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   

North America, UK. It's all good. Together a few years before making it official. Thing about love is, borders dont exist, everything just works itself out in the end.

Much luck to you and happiness in your en devours.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: KingJames

North America, UK. It's all good. Together a few years before making it official. Thing about love is, borders dont exist, everything just works itself out in the end.

Much luck to you and happiness in your en devours.

Awe that's awesome!

Yea it will be a bit harder since I have my son but we know it won't happen overnight. We have talked about the best way to go about it and things like what I'll do for work. We will have our own business with ties to the states so it will be easier to move there, his words. So it will be a process but I'm fine with it! He is worth the wait and distance for now because in the end we will be under one roof!

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

ok......what are those two paths you mention? Not sure I really get your post since it's a bit all over the place to be honest.

I like my relationship how it is. He isn't like any American man I've met and I like that about him. I plan on moving to his country because I would be happier there. I would never ask him to live in the states. I wouldn't torture the poor man with this place. Everything he loves where he lives he would miss here. I won't miss a thing here honestly. I like the way of life where he is and I enjoy the culture and am enjoying learning the language even though it's not easy!

The paths are of his past and the one that he wishes to travel on.
I mentioned that it might be best for to live in the man's country. You seem fine with that. Best of happiness for you.
Remember also, be independent of your wishes in life while living in a foreign country. Your strength at that time will be your candle in your heart that gives you the light of your truthfulness also. Trues colors of a person comes along slowly as you see the 7 colors of a rainbow, those are the true colors that you look for in a relationship of love, no matter what country a person comes from.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

There are 2 paths to a man's heart.

There's only one and it's through his ribcage.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ah come on you can go through the back too...

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Marriage?

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Marriage?

No marriage. Neither of us want to get married.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Hello, long distance relationships can work if both love each other and are committed plus working hard towards the same goal. I met my wife here on ATS about 10 years ago. I was in the U.S.A and she was in Australia. We talked a lot and I came over a few times to visit before I moved over. We have been together ever since and will be happily married for 5 years in about a week. There will be rough spots and some sad times but if you two really love each other and want to be together it will work out for you.

The other advice I will give, because it cost us a lot of money, time and trouble, is to research as much as you can about immigrating to the Netherlands. There is always a cost for the paperwork and all the secondary stuff that goes along they might require like police checks, medicals, certified copies of any document you can think of relating to your life and his. Plus money to live on if you are not allowed to work for a period of time.

The more you are prepared the easier it will be on both of you.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: 1Angrylightbulb

Awe that is so sweet you met on here! Congrats!

Yes we know the costs and he is really good at looking into the options and best way to move there. I do have my son so that makes it a little different than most people's situation. We know it will take time and we are ok with that as we will see each other every 3-4 months until we can actually move.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Holland is a fantastic place. I envy you. We visited there for a couple weeks when I was in my teens. I really fell in love with the place, and I'm sure you'll be happy there.

Yeah, Dutch is a weird language. Good luck! Hoping he speaks English though...many there did, do this was back in the 80's, so.....

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
Holland is a fantastic place. I envy you. We visited there for a couple weeks when I was in my teens. I really fell in love with the place, and I'm sure you'll be happy there.

Yeah, Dutch is a weird language. Good luck! Hoping he speaks English though...many there did, do this was back in the 80's, so.....

I loved it there! It was such a different feeling than in the states. The energy was not as heavy or stuff as I feel where I live. It was refreshing and positive. People were super friendly! You didn't see people walking with devices attached to their hands or any of that stuff. Bikes everywhere! I love the architecture there too!

Dutch is hard I won't lie. I laugh when I read it's supposedly like English, yea not seeing that at all! My bf speaks English pretty well otherwise we wouldn't be together lol. He will be back in 2 and a half weeks.

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I was all for it until he confused New York and New Jersey. On behalf of all New Yorkers, from far and wide, we declare that this must be penalized in a manner most swift and cruel.

Once that's done, all good
Yay long distance!

posted on Jan, 16 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Djarums
I was all for it until he confused New York and New Jersey. On behalf of all New Yorkers, from far and wide, we declare that this must be penalized in a manner most swift and cruel.

Once that's done, all good
Yay long distance!

HAHAHA! I was laughing so hard. He was trying to be sweet and say something sweet and well he kind of killed it saying I was from New Jersey. LMAO! The man took me to Paris. I can forgive him.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join