It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone really should expound just a bit on the Gospel message

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   
We......got caught in the devils bargain....is how this synopsis starts

And...for some reason blood sacrifice is required to attone for what Adam did you know, he did what his wife told him and see there.....

Back to this....it's now a fallen world for sure. That's where sorrow and wild animals that eat meat come from...interjecting here is a good time.....Scripture states that God tells us we are sojourners with Him on this

Fallen world...this is the head knowledge part.....heart felt logic part later....

Fallen world and blood is required, weird huh?!....but that's was done for all on the cross once, meaning you don't have to do anything repeatedly or confess to another your shortcomings if any.

So the message is Jesus gave himself on the cross as a ransom for many...the humans with fallen hearts that cannot do laws correctly....we admit that, and we know...KNOW we are heavenbound just by believing that storyline. Approved by Jesus even though we fail him He loves us first as we are dirtylike if we seek him just in our minds voice, not outloud...this way no body can ever stop you from praying

Nice easy summary right there.....we kinda claim the blood there......
edit on 2-12-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

edit on 2-12-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

This change the way I think about the gospel:

And I thought this was interesting but in an affirming way for Christianity in spite of the author being against it:

At this point, I just have faith in God above everything else I've read that has been written supposedly by being divinely inspired.

edit on 2-12-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   

The truth is the bible is a combination of quotes etc,that were randomly picked as good,so in other words the bible is a contrived vessel,some truth mixed in with bull#o

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   
It could well be that in the course of creating our realities those that believe the sacrifice of Jesus is their ticket to everlasting life may well receive exactly what they imagined.
And that's great.

Doesn't mean its any better though than what others may experience after the death of this physical body, according to whatever reality their beliefs and/or actions created while still living.
Just different, but no less worthy.

It may take several lifetimes or a thousand, but in the end we should all hopefully end up as fully realised souls of light, and the reality is that upon ascension the path we took to get there matters not.
See you all there!

edit on 2-12-2018 by Osirisvset because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I am sorry but just have to ask. Are you even a Christian?

It's not personal or anything you said. It's that I am getting so tired of Atheists and Jews lecturing me on ATS about how a Christian should and should not act or think.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
It is not so much a synopsis as it is Justified Opinion created by wrongly combining scripture You are in utter error. throughout your OP.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: toms54
It's that I am getting so tired of Atheists and Jews lecturing me on ATS about how a Christian should and should not act or think.

Just out of curiosity- what Jews have you encountered on ATS lecturing about Christianity?

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Unfortunately does not surprise me you would ask me that.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

The truth is the bible is a combination of quotes etc,that were randomly picked as good,so in other words the bible is a contrived vessel,some truth mixed in with bull#o

You do not know how we got the bible. Your version is way incorrect.

I can't get the video to properly embed 😢😢😢😢😢
edit on 2-12-2018 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54
You haven't actually answered the question. It puzzled me, because I'm not aware of any Jews writing on Christian matters here.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I am not going to answer that either. It's bad enough that I have you trying to bait me.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54
Let me put it in plain language, then.
As a British Conservative interested in History, I named myself after a Conservative Prime Minister. Churchill was too ambitious, Thatcher wrong sex, Bonar Law not recognisable enough.
Since various people on ATS have jumped to the false conclusion that I must be Israeli or at least Jewish, I could see the possibility that you might be another one.
So then, did you jump to that conclusion? Are you willing to accept that it would be a false one? Do you still see the need for somewhat aggresssive responses to someone who is only trying to make sure the record is straight?

(I was raising the point obliquely at first, only because I wanted to avoid expressing assumptions about what you were thinking)

edit on 2-12-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

If you wish to discuss your own theology, we can do that but not in this thread. It would be off topic. Start a thread or send a PM. Last time we did, it turned to name calling. Since then I have just attempted to find common ground where possible.

As for my previous posts and interactions, people I refer to know who they are. You have no standing, I was not speaking to you. If you are really so interested, please feel free to review my posts on your own.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I am not going to answer that either. It's bad enough that I have you trying to bait me.

Holy crap, Tommy boy. You were the one who baited him! You initiated. Wow.
edit on 2-12-2018 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Since various people on ATS have jumped to the false conclusion that I must be Israeli or at least Jewish, I could see the possibility that you might be another one. So then, did you jump to that conclusion?

Being that I am not prone to compliment many teachers in my past 90 years, I find your knowledge and presentations both refreshing and always in honest report. In that DISRAELI, I try to always read your threads and postings and most always liken your posts to scholarly work. I probably have not much time left in this life but one should never be too old to absorb the knowledge of men such as you. I thank you for the time, effort, and great knowledge you have shared with all of us here on ATS. Merry Christmas and and a prosperous life is my wish for you. lol

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Holy crap, Tommy boy. You were the one who baited him! You initiated. Wow.

Girls from Kansas are proof of God's existence!

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Yes it is a common scholarly work. But that does not make it correct in doctrine or for the church age. I have found error in the Scholarly work from Modern teachers like Charles Stanley, all the way back to Larkin(sp?) and many more before him. Much of his looks like good scholarly work based on errored opinions of men and not on the preserved words of God as found int h AV1611. Most of their errors involve the Gospel and 99.9 percent make the Gospel of the Kingdom, the Gospel of the Grace of God and the Eternal Gospel the same Gospel. That basis has lead to every false doctrine and teaching in many denominations from RC (actually a cult like Mormons and JW's) right on through to the most fundamental Baptist.

Failure to rightly divide the word of truth makes for nice reading and had lead many to their eternal death.

There is only one preserved and inspired English bible today and even those who claim they believe that to be true also do not teach the correct Gospel message for today. The true words of God are not preserved by sinful men using unverifiable copies of the original languages.

edit on 10-12-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Just see this expounding on it given by Paul. and the simplicity of it as given by John. It is the only message for salvation today. Any other message causes both the hearer and the preacher to be cursed and there is no salvation for one who receives the wrong Gospel.

1Cor 15:34 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

top topics

join