It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The before life or the after life: Which one do you believe in?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Akragon

a reply to: dfnj2015

If it's not based on reality, then how do you know you actually learned it.

You've heard of "wonderland" right... learned all about it?

During my life, I've had several people at different times say to me, "Don't ever do drugs. You are already on them."

Alrighty... did you have a point there?

edit on 2-12-2018 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Akragon

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: Akragon
Even a bad map gives a better understanding of geography than "Alaska must be on the same latitude as Florida, because I want to live somewhere warm".

ah.. but what about a map of a place no one has been... or at least can remember being to?

and what IF its a "bad map".,.?

Maps are never the reality they are suppose to represent. No matter how much detail may be in the map, there's always more that is missing. The real question is will the map ever have ALL the detail. Or, will superstition and delusion be the only meaningful point of reference we can ever grasp.

Feed your head!

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:43 AM
link   

It's late. I think I did. But my thought train got derailed. I started thinking about the White Rabbit.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Of course, when you get bonked on the head you may have these creatures flying around:

Bring me my pretties

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 03:04 AM
link   
It all comes down to this:

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I believe the goal of reincarnation is to use our incarnated physical being to raise our consciousness until we ultimately achieve "ascension", and we are taken into the light to exist in pure harmony with all that is.
From there we may even choose to do it all again.
There are many different paths we can take to get there but they all ultimately lead "back home".
I used to think of all this as " new age hippie rubbish" but after awhile its a theme that keeps recurring in various forms and is consistently present in many different religions and mythologies, presented as allegory or as gospel.
There are rumours the Catholic church removed all reference to reincarnation form biblical texts, all to consolidate power and wealth.
I also believe "religion" to be corrupted by the darker aspects of humanity to the point where it can stagnate spiritual growth and actually lead the soul into entropy.
I only have to look at the rotten fruits religion has borne throughout history in our world to see this, unfortunately many good people have been held back and have been forced to incarnate back on this earth, time and again, only to fall prey to the same lies and deception.
Heaven and hell are part of this deception.
Following the teachings of Jesus as presented by Jesus can indeed be one path to enlightenment but the concepts of heaven and hell are made by man, a "carrot and stick" they use to ensure the "flock" doesn't go wandering.
The fear of hell keeps them tied to the church and a promise of heaven to separate them from their money.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Claymation213

Just my opinion from my own observations and those who have felt comfortable enough to share their experiences with me I would say that the before death and after death are somewhat of the same thing. That this is just one of multiple realities that we get to observe.

But how can you feel honest with yourself when you put forth a question asking for answers when you continue on to list three answers?

Do you feel you already have all of the answers and are merely looking to have a debate in which everyone is bound to play by your rules in your sandbox?

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Osirisvset

Right there with you.

Once I started looking beyond the man made churches and religions it was really easy to see how it's used to take a good thing and make people do bad in the name of good. People under it's spell can't see that they are slaves to man any more than they are to the government.

I've read just about every religious text there is and have gone so far as to learn other languages just to do so. I've spoken with people whose ancestors were from specific regions to try and learn as much as I can about their culture, their way of writing and how it differs from my native language. I've done just about as much as I can to really try and understand what the people who wrote them centuries ago were saying.

All I've been able to conclude so far is that there really isn't a way. Language changes. Slang, phrases, cultural whatever. It all changes. The thing is it doesn't really matter. At least in my opinion. At the basis of every religion is man's way of trying to make sense of things whether it's good or bad or right or wrong. I've found that I've learned more by looking past the religious texts and just looking at the world around me.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   

My uncle believed that hell was on earth. Basically, if our soul doesn't grow, we don't get to go.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

There is this life on earth and a possible spiritual one after. There is no immortal soul, this is pagan fantasy.

There is no guarantee of afterlife. Christianity is the only belief in existence which offers the possibility of being saved.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   

I Believe In Hell More So Than Anything.
And I Truly Don't Believe In The Before Life...

I Have No Idea What A Heaven Is... But Whislt I'm Alive I'll Bob And Weave Death As Long As I Can. Hell Is No Joke!

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I don't believe in anything which cannot be verified so your 'before life' and 'after life' premise is just silly faith talk as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Claymation213
The question is: Which belief do you side with?

I believe in Option D;

Both before life and after life

i ) Before life
We always exist in form of our ancestors' DNA. But it become more evident when our father created half of us in form of one of his million sperms, while the other half is from our mother's ovary. It just we dont have any consciousness yet, because consciousness come from the brain. We are both one of our father's sperm and mother's ovary. And this information is passed along since our ancestors. Our life have been recorded in our ancestor's DNA long before we are even born.

ii ) After life
Soul recycled as indicated by thousand cases of children remember their past life and Gautama Buddha's teaching.

Or Soul can be destroyed at Gehenna/Hell. Many will be sent back to live new life. Few may ascend into heaven for eternity. Whatever the outcome, it doesnt matter, because technically no one actually live forever. Even those who claim to enter heaven are no longer the same person they used to be.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein

I believe that life ends, but awareness is something that is part of us. You can have life without awareness, but you can't have awareness without life.

Actually life and awareness are the same. Life of the terrestrial body is the mind and not to be confused with the brain. The mind is a conscious source detached from the body but yet transmits its desires to the receptors of the brain. When the terrestrial body no longer responds to the mind it ceases to function and returns to its source of terrestrial substance.

The mind is then evaluated by its Creator and if found to be of the liking of the Creator, it is given another body to control. This new body is not of terrestrial substance and survives in the celestial realm in an altogether different way. In both situations the mind is the same substance in its celestial realm as it was in its terrestrial realm and with the same consciousness.

If the Creator of the mind finds the mind not to His liking He then discards the mind into a place of containment and eventual destruction. Now anyone can manipulate this into any form of doctrine they choose but that is the basic understanding that I have been taught. Life is the consciousness of physicality.

Reincarnation is very well accepted mostly in the eastern cultures. If one subscribes to the basic Nazarene doctrine of which gave birth to Christianity, then reincarnation cannot be compatible with the doctrine of Jesus.

My opinions of course -------

top topics

<< 1   >>

join