It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The before life or the after life: Which one do you believe in?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   
There is a major difference between the belief of the before life and the belief of the after life.

If you believe in a final life before this life, then you believe in ultimate reality you fully get back to having.

And if you believe in a life after this life, then you believe in either a heavenly paradise or a hellish hell you go to for the first time, where you will remain for ever more.

The question is: Which belief do you side with? Your choice based on my beliefs is that...

A. There is a before life. Many call it ultimate reality.

OR

B. There is an after life. Many call it heaven or hell.

OR

C. There is no before life nor after life.

If you believe in reincarnation, then you are already entered into the after life. In my opinion, reincarnation had to have had a start point, and it must be some kind of a hellish cycle to go through for ever more.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Claymation213

I believe that life ends, but awareness is something that is part of us. You can have life without awareness, but you can't have awareness without life.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Both, they're the same "place".

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Both, the Bible tells me so! Hehe

What he said up there enlightened......we....WE

Got caught in the devils bargain.....am I right?

We agreed to go through the human womb......as what.....a soldier of love
edit on 2-12-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

For once we agree.

It is both and it is the same place. Also, this is only one of a series of lives we agree to incarnate into so we can learn and grow as soul.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   

LIfe exists before because your parents are alive. Life exists after because what makes us human is shared by everyone on the planet. Just like each of us did not invent sex but we are able to have it, what makes us human, our human character, is not something we own as unique or individual to us. Everyone shares exactly the same character potentials. We all just have different configurations of character which gives us the delusion we are unique. But what makes us laugh, love, and feel connected to our lives is exactly the same and shared by everyone. So when you die, what makes you human doesn't die with you but lives on in everyone else in the human race. For some reason I find this idea comforting because I don't feel like I have a huge responsibility to what I leave behind. I have confidence the world will be just fine and everything I hold dear will be represented and valued.

edit on 2-12-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I spent a week reading every line of the Tibetan book of the dead which is on this topic. The book itself is like a mantra prayer so it repeats a lot of same way of thinking. But if you are interested in life after death and achieving the final Buddha state in the afterlife ending the infinite cycle of death and rebirth, this is the book for you!

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   
The only comment I will make is that it is not safe to make a choice based on personal preference.
Reality does not depend on personal preference.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Here's another video on the Tibetan stuff if you really want to throw another bone on your self-flagellation rope:

It's a little long but somewhat worth it. I figure anything to achieve the final Buddha state in the afterlife and stop the infinite cycle of death and rebirth is probably worth a few hours of my time.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

You hit the nail on the head, this is only one life along and endless line in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

No heaven... No hell... Just where we come from, and where we return...

Perhaps progression... or regression... depending on your actions

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
The only comment I will make is that it is not safe to make a choice based on personal preference.

what one learns is not necessarily based on reality...

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

what one learns is not necessarily based on reality...

If it's not based on reality, then how do you know you actually learned it.

How we choose to experience reality is a personal preference so the post you are responding to makes absolutely no sense to me.

I think what he was trying to say is if you think you will not be judged badly you will be, you will be (Yoda voice).

I'm still not convinced God will dole out the cruel and unusual punishment of eternal damnation. You would think an omnipotent God of unconditional love would let everyone through the gates of heaven to experience eternally heavenly bliss regardless of our earthly sins or how we practiced or not practiced our religion. I don't think there is anything my children would ever do that I would ever stop loving them on some level. Given the finality of eternal judgment, I think I would find some shread of love in my heart to forgive my children no matter what. People with hate in their hearts just love the idea that other people they do not like would suffer for all eternity.

Wouldn't it be just so ironic that having the mindset of not having unconditional love for everyone is the one sin that would not allow you through the gates of heaven! Of course, if I were in charge, I would just forgive the haters as just needing a little more time to become mature about their feelings. I would just let them in regardless.

edit on 2-12-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   

You've heard of "wonderland" right... learned all about it?

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon
Even a bad map gives a better understanding of geography than "Alaska must be on the same latitude as Florida, because I want to live somewhere warm".

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Imo consciousness came before matter and through it we're all connected. It's like a book with chapters we go through. Some finally manage to achieve what is called "ascended masters", which means you overcame selfish ego business stuff and become one again. Or "go to heaven", if you prefer that metaphor.
Some repeat the same lessons over and over which is what got misinterpreted as "hell".
The clue to understand it is: the fundamental interconnectedness of all things. There is no beginning and no end just a new chapter in an endless book.
The collective experience will change once we hit a critical mass and the masters can too return to us. Right now it's too dangerous for them as there are too many people on the level of the lowest animals. Consciousness wise.
Grow, learn, embrace the pain and find joy.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Even a bad map gives a better understanding of geography than "Alaska must be on the same latitude as Florida, because I want to live somewhere warm".

ah.. but what about a map of a place no one has been... or at least can remember being to?

and what IF its a "bad map".,.?

edit on 2-12-2018 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   

You've heard of "wonderland" right... learned all about it?

During my life, I've had several people at different times say to me, "Don't ever do drugs. You are already on them."

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   

ah.. but what about a map of a place no one has been... or at least can remember being to?

and what IF its a "bad map".,.?

Maps are never the reality they are suppose to represent. No matter how much detail may be in the map, there's always more that is missing. The real question is will the map ever have ALL the detail. Or, will superstition and delusion be the only meaningful point of reference we can ever grasp.

Feed your head!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join