It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wheat the staff of life or is it? google roundup used in wheat harvest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Monsanto says its perfectly safe. But the way wheat production is done in the US is right before the wheat is harvested it is sprayed with roundup. Rather than wait for all the wheat to die before harvesting it turns out spraying the wheat with roundup causes the wheat to produce more seeds as the plant is dying. This increases yields.

Do not be fooled by statements, "most farmers do not do this practice." This reminds me of the way tobacco companies used to parade doctors who would say cigarettes are good for your health and smoking clears out your lungs. The idea that most farmers do not do this practice is very deceiving since the smallest number of corporate farm managers produces the largest amounts of wheat by weight or volume. Corporate farm managers have a legal obligation to maximize return to the shareholders at the expense of every other consideration.

If you think roundup is perfectly safe then go buy a bottle and chug it down. However, if you think there may be a health issue here requiring government intervention then google, "cancers caused by roundup" and "stomach problems caused by roundup".

It's popular nowadays to support Republicans, or Democrats, who think government is the problem. But without government, how can any citizen protect themselves from a corporate farm manager who is doing his legal obligation to shareholders.

Now in defense of Monsanto, we should not be passing legislation based on superstition or anecdotal evidence. But with the anti-government climate in Washington creating public policy based on good science is simply not possible. Research requires funding. The public health is just not a priority. Protecting the consumer from wheat contamination is simple not as important, or lucrative, as juicy no-bid defense contracts with cost-plus stipulations.

If this is a major health issue, I believe in good science, then how many millions of people have to suffer and die before the practice of spraying wheat with roundup to increase harvest yields is outlawed? Corporations running our government has consequences.

edit on 1-12-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015
It's like DDT- Roundup was not tested enough before release.

I bet Roundup is linked to the so-called metabolism disorders that are causing obesity, Hashimotos, etc.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Actually, the majority of the big farmers are spraying the preharvest roundup. I actually did some research on that. Looking at the actual states policies on this and it is widespread. The use of it started around 2011.

because the practice was approved it caused a big increase in residue in the grains. So the FDA raised the allowable limits of glyphosate residue allowed by about ten fold.

I contacted the company that makes the flour I used and asked them about it and they said most commercial grain farmers there use it for it's antifungal properties. Since a lot of grains are not bleached or bromated anymore, they need to make sure a fungus is not a threat, so they actually promote it's use. That is what one of the people told me in an E-mail. I verified this by looking at the state's archive and it was pretty much accurate.

All the grains, oats, barley, rye, and wheat are decicated this way now. I have gone organic on all of those now, I do have genetics that increase my risk of brain cancer from glyphosate and organophosphates. On top of that, the organic flour tastes smoother, not as much bitter in it. I grew up on a farm where pesticides and herbicides were sprayed, I know the smell well. I can actually smell pesticides and herbicides on foods, Cabbage is one with a lot of that smell, so is commercial celery. I try to only buy organic celery, not because of the pesticides though, because it tastes way better. Same with lettuce and cabbage, organic tastes less bitter usually and I use a lot of cabbage. If you peel the leaves of the cabbage and soak them the pesticide smell goes away. I only buy organic cabbage when I make coleslaw.

I won't go back to using commercial flour because of the better taste in the organic ones. It may cost double, but it is worth it. I read that one of the big brand commercial flours does not use glyphosate decicated flours, but it is the same price as some of the organics anyway.

If you have the genes that lessen your ability to break down glyphosate and organophosphates, your risk of some cancers is increased greatly. Everyone can detox it some, but a quarter of people are poor metabolizers of it in the detox cycle.

There are videos on the net on the way they spray preharvest glyphosate, I watched two of them and they try to say it is safe and that farmers only spray it on crops when they are almost completely dry. I know how it works, I have known farmers all my life, I was a farmers boy. When the machinery is available and weather is right, you would spray and harvest. They cannot take a chance of loosing their crop, so they spray when feasible. Some is taken up into the grain and that is why they boosted the allowable amount ten fold.

Organic oatmeal at the coop is not much more expensive than the commercial in the stores, stores sell the organic wheat flour for about four bucks for five pounds. Yes it is double, but I make a lot of bread and it raises the total cost of a lg loaf from a .95 to around 1.20 to go all organic.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Look2theSacredHeart

I bet Roundup is linked to the so-called metabolism disorders that are causing obesity, Hashimotos, etc.

A lot of research links roundup to metabolic disorders. There are so many possible things in our bodies effected by the herbicide that it contributes to many chronic diseases. Since the preharvest spraying started, a real lot of people stopped eating wheat for gluten intolerance, but the herbicide symptoms are often similar to gluten intolerance symptoms. I think that it is because of roundup that people are stopping consumption of gluten.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The problem is almost everything in the grocery store is processed food with wheat in it. Who wants to be some kind of crazy vegan health nut. I have to do something because I have so many health problems right now. Unless I'm on Medifast or Slimfast type of diet, I get incredibly debilitating heartburn. I've been to all kinds of doctors and they claim there's nothing wrong with my stomach. I spent $1500 out of pocket to get my stomach scoped and a colonoscopy but everything checked out okay according to the doctor. I'm just sick of dieting. But unless I'm fasting I can't do anything that shakes up my stomach. That's the only reason I found this story is I was trying to figure out what the symptoms where for having gluten intolerance. Life is tough.

I once said to my wife, "Life is tough, and then you marry one." She looked at me and said, "Life is an a hole."

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Have you tried a naturopath? Mine works miracles. It's insane.

I'm so sorry to hear you are having health issues.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart

Thanks for your concern and support! I'm actually feeling good nowadays. Not so much 6 weeks ago. Holy mollies!!

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart

Which ones: These may include herbalism, homeopathy,[39] acupuncture, nature cures, physical medicine, applied kinesiology,[46] colonic enemas,[12][40] chelation therapy,[11] color therapy,[46] cranial osteopathy, hair analysis, iridology,[46] live blood analysis, ozone therapy,[10] psychotherapy, public health measures and hygiene,[44] reflexology,[46] rolfing,[29] massage therapy, and traditional Chinese medicine.

I've done about 5 of these.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Cows eat grass....people get sick if they eat to much grass...really sick....really really sick....cows ferment the grass then absorb the bacteria that process actions...this is how they get nutrition out of grass......humans cannot do this....human would starve to death if you fed them only grass.

Someone created a buzzwoed...it is GRAIN.....it is a trick......what we call GRAIN is really GRASS SEED...…..mostly shaped like small hard particles....the word GRAIN is a tactical word INTENTIONALLY MISMANAGED FOR MARKETTING PURPOSES.....

People are going on gluten free diets...I have....grass is for cows not people.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: rickymouse

The problem is almost everything in the grocery store is processed food with wheat in it. Who wants to be some kind of crazy vegan health nut. I have to do something because I have so many health problems right now. Unless I'm on Medifast or Slimfast type of diet, I get incredibly debilitating heartburn. I've been to all kinds of doctors and they claim there's nothing wrong with my stomach. I spent $1500 out of pocket to get my stomach scoped and a colonoscopy but everything checked out okay according to the doctor. I'm just sick of dieting. But unless I'm fasting I can't do anything that shakes up my stomach. That's the only reason I found this story is I was trying to figure out what the symptoms where for having gluten intolerance. Life is tough.

I once said to my wife, "Life is tough, and then you marry one." She looked at me and said, "Life is an a hole."

Try getting a decent multimineral tablet, make sure it has at least a hundred percent of the RDA of Molybdenum and fifty percent of the RDA of Selenium. That is what helped me the most in my health. If your bodies sulfite levels get too high from a deficiency in molybdenum, it stops the thyroid hormone from forming. The same MOCO enzyme processes aldehydes, xanthines, sulfites, and some chemical that is needed for DNA. It can easily get deficient in the body if you do not consume enough because to do all these different things, I listed, overconsuming any one can deprive you of being able to detox the other. If you get an infection on a cut, just stop a few days and the sulfite levels will increase to kill the infection faster.

I have been taking a multimineral for about eight years now, for me it works. I make less of the molybdopterins though, so I benefit more by it. Sulfite oxydase is a very important enzyme in our bodies, our bodies regulate it based on infection risk but it is dependent on us having enough molybdenum in the diet to moderate it. My deficiency is genetic but some of the same problems with people come from not consuming enough molybdenum in their diet. The thing is when sulfite levels get to high, it is hard on the organs that actually detox foods. There are a lot of sulfite foods in our diets, and acetylaldehyde is formed from alcohol...aldehydes are formed by our gut microbes as they consume carbs and sugars too, so you can't get away from them. Now glyphosate is a miticide, it kills our gut bacteria and can cause an imbalance. We need our own specific types of bacteria in our guts, one shoe does not fit all. Getting those microbes back in balance can't happen by taking probiotics most times.

Notice in the last six years, the push of probiotics coincides with the glyphosate pre-harvest treatment also.

Do not take high doses of riboflaven, a RDA is good. Too much riboflaven will use up all the sulfite oxidase which leads to taurine in our bodies not being utilized correctly which leads to illness. Sulfite oxidase is needed to process and create taurine which is an amino acid which we either need to consume or have proper minerals and vitamins to produce.
edit on 2-12-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

My naturopath does nutritional homeopathy. Puts everyone on a no sugar/refined carb diet for six weeks, then goes from there, and tests for deficiencies and sensitivities. My sensitivities? Wheat, and a slight nightshade sensitivity.

She's also big on B vitamins, D, and zinc.

She's an RN, too, which got me over my initial doubts.

I've known 4 people who've seen her, and have been cured of colitis, constipation, GERD, infertility, and cholesterol/BP issues.

edit on 2-12-2018 by Look2theSacredHeart because: Cures

edit on 2-12-2018 by Look2theSacredHeart because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Have you tried giving up wheat/gluten?

I had a lot of stomach issues, and found out I was gluten intolerant.
Without wheat, the problems including heartburn went away.

FWIW, I an not super strict...small amounts seem to be fine and bring on no symptoms.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Look2theSacredHeart

No. Eating too much food is linked to the metabolism disorder and obesity.

join