It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remote viewing and why the C.I.A. dropped it after twenty years.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
This is interesting, its the only validation of a reported statement, I saw a few years back. Which was from the Paulo Alto Psi lab, that the times for accurate remote viewing was dependent on sidereal time. Where the local horizon pointed to the centre of the Milky Way. Toward Cygnus to be more precise. This guy was a remote viewer one of six employed by the Government for a period of twenty years, who lost his security clearance when his cover was essentially blown on late night TV, when the CIA decided to make it look like they were dropping a successful program, one which Carter had admitted had found a downed Soviet Bomber in the Congo.
In this Mufon lecture he talks about his success rate and , the results of remote views on
aliens and discuses drive systems which were classified.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Well....towards the beginning, he says that aliens don't come from deep space; that they are already here, or coming from a different dimension, or a place that isn't a planet.

Then about thirty minutes later he says that the aliens and crafts we deal with now aren't "the real aliens" and that the craft are drones designed for deep space travel. The real aliens are back on their world because they know we aren't ready for actual contact yet. And this is after he had just described how aliens are like us and think like us, and that he things that are different are things determined by environment; such as if they come from a world entirely covered by water, or if they have to chase their food to eat it.

So...which is it? Are they coming from other planets or are they not? He said both. If they are coming from another dimension or a place that isn't a planet or physical as we know it, why would they need deep space drones??
edit on 1-12-2018 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Whoops!
They dropped it and DIA picked it up.
We all make mistakes now and then.
Don't we now?

C'est la Vie!

S&F

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Hey thanks for posting this. I now have my evening ending video to watch

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Is this guy credible? What proof does he have?

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Have been watching a number Farsight Institute presentations. Very interesting , something there but a lot of dead ends, or, illogical ends.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Have you ever tried sitting down and focusing on that mental image you can barely make out when your in silent darkness?

Try focusing on making the light brighter

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Here's the thing. Nature always turns out to be so much stranger than anything we could have ever imagined. So can people remote view something. I've never experienced it. But I find videos like this fascinating:

You would think if remote viewing were real someone would be able to devise some kind of experiment like the ones with the parrot.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
Have been watching a number Farsight Institute presentations. Very interesting , something there but a lot of dead ends, or, illogical ends.

me too, but that kind of shows the unreliable nature of remote viewing. for example, lately one of their predictions was that the price of bitcoin would go up.

I think they provide some good information, but you have to take it with a grain of salt.
edit on 2-12-2018 by njord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: charlyv

Have you ever tried sitting down and focusing on that mental image you can barely make out when your in silent darkness?

Try focusing on making the light brighter

I've tried that before and wondered if I'm remote viewing. It's really hard to focus but I managed a couple of times.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   

I think it was mostly a psyops to get in the heads of the Soviets during the Cold War. The few occasions when someone identified Soviet ops/tech would have been derived from satellite imagery and spies. Why else would such a seemingly powerful espionage ability be widely publicised and its participants be able to talk freely? Could it be the CIA's psychological intelligence guys wanted the Russians to know?

The ones I've listened to, or watched, have New Age beliefs and creativity. Neither of which are bad things, but are peculiar characteristics to appeal to military-backed 'secret' projects like Stargate or CIA-funded programs like SRI. I suspect they were pre-selected because their beliefs were indicators of suggestibility. It's not a long stretch to go from cultivating someone's beliefs in psychic powers to suggesting they have those powers.

Stargate and SRI were terminated in the early 90s amidst questions about their lack of usefulness. The guys subsequently went their merry way to release autobiographies, feature in docos and do multiple interviews on Coast to Coast. Curious that these psychic warriors weren't held to national security obligations.

With specific regards to McMoneagle, I spent some time years ago reading interviews and listening to him speak on podcasts and radio shows. I couldn't find coherence in his overall narrative in spite of listening with an open mind and almost a will to believe. It sounded like pseudo-scientific hand waving and he wasn't alone; Swann, Buchanan, Puthoff, Smith and others spoke similarly.

Targ is a more interesting person imo in terms of origins and networks.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
Well....towards the beginning, he says that aliens don't come from deep space; that they are already here, or coming from a different dimension, or a place that isn't a planet.

Then about thirty minutes later he says that the aliens and crafts we deal with now aren't "the real aliens" and that the craft are drones designed for deep space travel. The real aliens are back on their world because they know we aren't ready for actual contact yet. And this is after he had just described how aliens are like us and think like us, and that he things that are different are things determined by environment; such as if they come from a world entirely covered by water, or if they have to chase their food to eat it.

So...which is it? Are they coming from other planets or are they not? He said both. If they are coming from another dimension or a place that isn't a planet or physical as we know it, why would they need deep space drones??

Possibly he's making reference to more than one type of alien?
It could be theres one type we're dealing with currently that is inter dimensional and another "the real aliens" that are ET and live far away in deep space. Therefore they've sent drones to make contact and from that contact we discovered that they are actually quite similar to us.
Dunno if I'm right or not, its just my interpretation of what was said.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Osirisvset

No, he is just talking out of his ass.

There are no remote viewers. They are either con artists trying to make you believe they have some magic powers or, as Kandinsky mentioned, deluded fools made to believe that hey have magic powers.
edit on 2-12-2018 by moebius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
This guy was a remote viewer one of six employed by the Government for a period of twenty years, who lost his security clearance when his cover was essentially blown on late night TV, when the CIA decided to make it look like they were dropping a successful program, one which Carter had admitted had found a downed Soviet Bomber in the Congo.

The Carter story is an exaggeration, and the word 'admitted' is extremely loaded. Here's CNN's report on it:

edition.cnn.com...

Former President Jimmy Carter said the CIA, without his knowledge, once consulted a psychic to help locate a missing government plane in Africa. Carter told students at Emory University that the "special U.S. plane" crashed somewhere in Zaire while he was president. According to Carter, U.S. spy satellites could find no trace of the aircraft, so the CIA consulted a psychic from California. Carter said the woman "went into a trance and gave some latitude and longitude figures. We focused our satellite cameras on that point and the plane was there."

This site expands on it:

www.wearethemighty.com...

"When asked how he processed the news that a psychic located the plane, Carter replied: 'With skepticism.' "

So Carter didn't actually 'admit' anything, he made a comment in response to a question about UFOs. He also states quite clearly that he didn't believe it.

The reason the project was dropped? Because it's nonsense and the CIA got wise to the psychics milking them.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

Because it's nonsense and the CIA got wise to the psychics milking them.

I think the CIA were bright enough to know what they were doing! They funded these projects for decades and so did the Army. The programs were shut down when they'd served their purpose and coincidentally occurred in the Perestroika era. The Cold war was considered over and the US was calling it a win.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius
a reply to: Osirisvset

No, he is just talking out of his ass.

There are no remote viewers. They are either con artists trying to make you believe they have some magic powers or, as Kandinsky mentioned, deluded fools made to believe that hey have magic powers.

Have some respect.

This man will blow any of us away with credentials and applications experience.
RV was invested heavily in during the cold war. It has a history.

It's overall "Usefulness" or Ethics has nothing to do with it not being recognized as a science, in which many Phd's and Military brass participated in.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Did you notice these were not done on the same days? Seems to me they chose the correct matches and that would happen through random chance anyway. if i did say 20 on Monday parrot got 1 right, 20 on Tuesday parrot got none right then 20 on Wednesday parrot get 2 right. So i take these 3 correct guesses put it on video and have a psychic parrot. There would have been no reason to extend this out over weeks like they did unless they were fudging the results. What should have happened is say 10 envelopes all done same day without stopping the camera.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Once the light becomes what looks like the backdrop of a scene in a movie its really hard to make sense of it

Its easier for me to do if I just worked out really hard or if in dehydrated from a sauna or something

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Is this guy credible? What proof does he have?

I bought and read his book years ago. It had a chapter on predictions that he made. The time has passed for many of those predictions to have been proven out. He is not very accurate.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Related: According to Forteantimes the CIA released files indicating that remote viewing from Project Sunstreak was used in investigating the Lockerbie Airline bombing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join