It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misterspock movie review.... The Predator

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Just watched the latest predator film. Saw a lot of bad reviews and it's pretty rotten on rotten tomatoes.

Honestly, it wasn't bad. Maybe other viewers forget that the franchise has been pretty much downhill since the original.

I, personally, think this one was actually probably the second best in the franchise(next to the original, obviously).

I thought the characters were written well and the pacing was good. Plenty of action and the CGI was fine(saw that criticized a lot).
I especially like the band of heroes being a bunch of military outcasts.

I recommend it for a cheap rental or when it hits streaming. I'd probably watch it again.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I disagree. I've never seen such an incoherent mess...at least not one that Leslie Nielson didn't star in..

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I normally don't listen to the critics. If they say its bad I will probably like it. I also find it funny how the films that are keeping Hollywood going never get an award. You know the big money films. You would think they would give them some love once in a while.

Sound like a good one to get on Blu ray ......Thanks.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

I disagree. I've never seen such an incoherent mess...at least not one that Leslie Nielson didn't star in..

I'm judging it within the franchise, not necessarily against anything else.

However, I have been known to be pretty minor on criticism when it comes to films.

Personally, the predator franchise was pretty much direct to disc. This one stood out from that admittedly low bar.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

I have a high tolerance for bad films, so if the concept is something that interests me I'll usually give it a chance no matter what the reviews are.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Oh it was horrible, I like “Predators” with Adrian Brody better than this recent garbage. I actually liked that one and it’s tributes to the original while still being a different story. It was visually striking and cool to see the prey stranded on a Predator game preserve.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
Oh it was horrible, I like “Predators” with Adrian Brody better than this recent garbage. I actually liked that one and it’s tributes to the original while still being a different story. It was visually striking and cool to see the prey stranded on a Predator game preserve.

I'd rank that third....and I'm counting the AVP films in that series.

Which is debatable as to whether they belong in the aliens or predator universe.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I liked it as well. I hope there is a directors cut.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
1 & 2 were good, the rest... were not good.
did you know theres a rumour the 'predator' in the origional movie was a real alien, I cant remember were I read that.
probably 4chan. might be worth searching/reading if your a fan.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
1 & 2 were good, the rest... were not good.
did you know theres a rumour the 'predator' in the origional movie was a real alien, I cant remember were I read that.
probably 4chan. might be worth searching/reading if your a fan.

I've never heard that, seems almost ridiculous. Most humans could barely stand to be on set with Carl. I doubt a captured alien could have towed the line.

That's just flat earth type nonsense.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   

I enjoyed it also.

It wasn't fantastic, but it was fun and I'd watch it again.
I'd rank it 3rd behind the first two. Definitely better than the AVPs or Predators though.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I enjoyed it also.

It wasn't fantastic, but it was fun and I'd watch it again.
I'd rank it 3rd behind the first two. Definitely better than the AVPs or Predators though.

2 wasn't that bad, and I like Glover. Just seemed a bit cheesy.

Either way I dont think the latest is anywhere near the worst. In the current Hollywood climate, that's praise no matter how you look at it.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 03:34 AM
link   

I'm yet to see this but I have to say that Predator 2 is highly underrated by some unfairly.

In my opinion it was better than 1 in some ways but I can't compare them as 1 was the classic and as far as I'm concerned, they are two halves of the same movie. I must have watched predator 1 a hundred times on VCR when I was a kid.

edit on 2122018 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Which is debatable as to whether they belong in the aliens or predator universe.

Aliens(Xenomorphs) and Predators were always the same Universe.

edit on 2122018 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   

im with you

it sucked big time

the best part of the movie the joke that keegan told

"what is the difference between 5 black guys and a joke?"

"TST's mom cant take a joke"

hahahahaha

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   

based on " recources expended "

predator : dark ages

is far superiour

too many hollywood fims seem to think that 30 million in CGI " wow " - makes a movie

ETA

imbed fail :

link

linky
edit on 2-12-2018 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Aliens(Xenomorphs) and Predators were always the same Universe.

Miss spoke, I meant as to which franchise they are in.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

im with you

it sucked big time

the best part of the movie the joke that keegan told

"what is the difference between 5 black guys and a joke?"

"TST's mom cant take a joke"

hahahahaha

I liked, "How do you circumcise a homeless guy? Kick your mom's chin!"

I watched the entire movie (last night), and found it to be a mess. The female scientist.. how did she get her military training? The misfits were not characters that I could relate to or even like, and the lead actor was insipid. The Asperger child was the only decent actor, and he wasn't excellent or particularly interesting. CGI? I liked the spaceship scene when the force-field sliced guy in half, but the rest of it was just OK.

Then I watched documentary, "The Dawn Wall", about 2 climbers challenged by the most difficult face of El Cap. It was by far a better watch, even though it lacked the potty-mouth humor of The Predator.

edit on 1222018 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I'm now still none the wiser whether to watch it.

It's on my flix, so I probably will. And I'm so not up to date with the entire universe they've maintained from snippets, I probably will enjoy it.

I'll take you saying it's ok as a clue to give it a go !

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Haha well.. now I've seen it..

it's sorta like watching an "The Asylum" film. You know, the crew who take mainstream movies and make reproductions of them so bad they become cult hit B-grade movies.
Snakes on a Train-esque.

Troma of the new age.

All I was waiting for was a wilhelm scream to top it off !! lol

Still enjoyed it. No fan boy butthurt here. lol

edit on 4-12-2018 by gallop because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join