It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Rover Finds Strange Shiny Object.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Obviously it’s a metallic bone from the cyborg bird race of mars. You can clearly see the Egyptian hieroglyph stamped on its side, probably a robotic brand of some sort. It’s serrated talon lays next to it, the whole area is probably littered with bones from the avian cyborgs war with the subterranean squirrel mutants.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

In this photo from Sol 2242 it looks slightly shinier and it doesn't have the marks done by the laser.

Uncropped version here.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Wait a minute. I thought the rover had gone dark and died! Did it come back to life?

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

No, you were wrong.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus

originally posted by: schuyler
This first picture, taken within moments of landing, was with the dust cover on the camera to protect against the dust thrown up by landing. Once the dust covers came off, the pictures were much better. But by posting this picture, it gives you something to criticize.

No.... it gives me a sense of disappointment. After all this time since Sputnik that we still must back it all with less than accurate pictures and agenda's

I would like to see this mysterious object identified, and pursue further investigation. Along with Mars as our goal in the next decade. Actually go there. I'm sure there are no shortage of volunteers.

it disappoints you that they used dust covers?

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Wait a minute. I thought the rover had gone dark and died! Did it come back to life?

You're thinking of Opportunity. Opportunity has yet to wake up after a dust storm that may have covered its solar panels (its only source of power).

Opportunity Rover Still Silent on Mars, 4 Months After Epic Dust Storm Began

edit on 3/12/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
They can fly to Mars...... astounding. They can land intact, incredible. But can they take a pic that doesn't look like it's been taken from the bottom of a swimming pool with a 1960's Kodak instamatic ?

This image was taken with Curiosity's ChemCam, which is a microscopic viewer camera. The objects in the outer edges of the frame were too far away (relatively speaking) from the area of focus to also be in focus.

There are much more clear images of this area and the rock in question -- images taken with Curiosity's mast camera, not the ChamCam microscope.

edit on 3/12/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Nice piece of rock right there.

No, really, it's a very cool and shiney rock.

Doesn't look like anything too weird tho.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Thanks,
Yea, I researched that after being corrected by another ATS member. Found out there has actually been 4 of these buggies on Mars. Curiosity is the largest and said to be nuke powered, i.e., not dependent upon solar panels.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
It would be more interesting if it was one of the first or few shiny rocks they found. But there have been plenty of others. Either way, it would be easier to spot if they didn't keep jacking up the yellow filter on the images so that all the rocks look the same color, which they are definitely not. See, here's one they just imaged yesterday. All nice and shiny green. Looks like jasper.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Here it is overlaid with the ChemCam image:

edit on 3-12-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I hear they turned it over and it was a bone

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join