It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Stole the Election in California — Legally Through Ballot Harvesting

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Shouldn't a Federal Investigation get conducted on this? I mean this is pure manipulation of Constitutional rights of a states citizens to force a political view on it's people. It's exactly like North Korea in that regards.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: BlackJackal

As I understand the process, now, both Republican AND Democrat campaign workers can visit people in their homes and collect their ballots, which are filled out and sealed for privacy and then delivered to the election counting officials. This can work for older people who find it difficult to get out and shut ins who likewise don't get out easily.

Campaign workers can ''cultivate'' these individuals, coaching them along prior to their voting and then when the time comes to vote, be there to assist in delivery of those votes.

Where the Democrats won in this case, using this procedure was legal and had the Republicans utilized the practice they likewise could have garnered votes for their candidates. The Republicans just missed the boat on this procedure.

ivn.us...

Edit to add.. calling campaign workers ''operatives'' sounds much more sinister and fits well with demonizing the opponents.

It's much simpler than that;

A third party picks up the votes at your house
Takes these ballots back to a processing center
Copy down all the important voter information on blank voter forms
Put in the votes that the thrid partry handlers directs
Turn in the redone voting ballots
Election has been legally stoled

With this law in place your vote really doesn't matter since it will just get change to whatever the people in power want.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

How do you end Dimocracy? Make the people stop believing in it.

It is working too.

After Dems in Florida, Missouri, California cheat to win and no one goes to jail I stopped believing. I honestly never thought I would live in a United States where cheating was justified by one of the parties.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Arnie123

Your assumptions that anyone who isn't apart of Cult 45 must be a CNN, MSNBC Leftist is why your tribe is oh so very naive. Breitbart is straight trash that produces Fake News. You know, the very thing you call all the so called Leftist outlets. Funny how you guys support Fake News and a POTUS who is a pathological liar who worked hand in hand with an actual Fake News outlet to help him win the election.

Jesus, the irony and hypocrisy of Cult 45 knows NO BOUNDS! SAD!

Is this what it's come to? Your thread may be great, and the facts might be spot on, but if some blow hole doesn't like the source, a lame hand wave is all that's needed to end the logical debate? Back when ATS was (what it used to be before it became what it is) people were required to offer something other than their biased attitude to counter a claim. Back then, folks used their brains a bit more.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I honestly never thought I would live in a United States where cheating was justified by one of the parties.

And ignored by both.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Your assumptions that anyone who isn't apart of Cult 45 must be a CNN, MSNBC Leftist is why your tribe is oh so very naive. Breitbart is straight trash that produces Fake News. You know, the very thing you call all the so called Leftist outlets. Funny how you guys support Fake News and a POTUS who is a pathological liar who worked hand in hand with an actual Fake News outlet to help him win the election.

Is this what it's come to? Your thread may be great, and the facts might be spot on, but if some blow hole doesn't like the source, a lame hand wave is all that's needed to end the logical debate? Back when ATS was (what it used to be before it became what it is) people were required to offer something other than their biased attitude to counter a claim. Back then, folks used their brains a bit more.

Are the facts spot on?

I could say that the electoral college is a right wing attempt to overrule the majority by the minority and that Trump stole that election.

It has more validity that suggesting that a voting process that both sides have used, is there to steal an election (which arguably neither side entirely won or lost and where the outcome was entirely what the pundits expected).

edit on 1/12/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Maybe this is how Hillary Clinton won the popular vote in CA?

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: Muninn

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Weak thread bro....

Yes the news is true but throw in another link man.

Or you can do your own thread.

Or you can start yours.

Why, I'm not the one complaining about his thread.

Your spandex must be on too tight.
🤣

Maybe I wanted them like that

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

You have a problem with this, but all the voter suppression laws passed by the Republicans are just fine right?

You hypocrisy knows no bounds does it?

Voter suppression! Haha! Your posts always show just how very far you are from the middle of sanity.

“Eh-hemmmm” So..... voter suppression is showing an ID to prove you are eligible to vote. An I.D.????
Chuck E. Cheese has tighter security and you call it voter suppression by Republicans.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 03:34 AM
link   

With upcomming financial crisis,and the ice age starting,I think the US will become like europe,all states will become soverign,they plan on the US splitting in 2,the big states like Calif,NY,Fla,who are major fed tax payers,will be ok,not so much any other,they can't sustain themselves,and it is evident the US feels that way

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

That is an interesting take on it Guy. However there is one small problem with it. It's wrong.
You suggest a third party picks up the vote at your house. This is not just any old third party, it is a third party that is designated by that specific voter. No longer just a relative or a member of the household, but any chosen third party. It is the voters choice to choose who can deliver their ballot for them.

Then you suggest that they can just copy down all important information on blank voter forms, Here I guess you mean blank ballots. And where is this third party to get all these blank ballots.

Here, this explains it better than I can

ivn.us...

As well, here is a copy of the bill itself that allows this small change in the voting procedure. In it you will find that the integrity of the ballot will be maintained according to previous laws. If those laws and procedures are not followed as you suggest, then the ballot is not legal.

leginfo.legislature.ca.gov...

Now, I will admit that either party can and may well do cultivate voters, but that is what happens already. They, either Dem or Rep may counsel and discuss who will be voted for prior to the ballot being made but that is between the voter and whoever they designate. It is the voters choice. Both parties can work this way.

Another thing. No ''third party'' can receive compensation for their small service of delivering this ballot to the proper voter collections. This means that no one can make a ''business'' of it. I also means that no party can pay canvassers to go out and harvest gullible voters. Sure, those canvassers might all be ''volunteers'' not getting paid for it but just how many of those do you think will do that for nothing. They would have to go out and cultivate a friendship with the voter, getting them to trust them before delivering their ballot for them . It just makes no sense for this to be a bi-partisan scam on the part of the Democrats.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

a reply to: BlackJackal

As I understand the process, now, both Republican AND Democrat campaign workers can visit people in their homes and collect their ballots, which are filled out and sealed for privacy and then delivered to the election counting officials. This can work for older people who find it difficult to get out and shut ins who likewise don't get out easily.

You mean something like what happened in the articles below? These did not happen in California, but it happened. Just imagine the abuse in a state that allows this kind of thing with no investigation.

Nursing home resident's son: 'That's voter fraud' Posted: November 3, 2017

Nicholas Corrato estimated that his mother hadn't voted in at least 30 years because she never wanted to get called for jury duty. Philadelphia election officials say they have no record that she was ever registered to vote in the city.

This spring, Corrato's streak was broken.

On April 17, the last day to register before the May primary, she became a registered voter in Delaware County, at St. Francis' address in Darby Borough, just over the Southwest Philadelphia border. Minutes later, an application for an absentee ballot was submitted on her behalf for the Democratic primary, according to the election bureau time stamp.

It might not be an isolated case at St. Francis, according to records reviewed by the Inquirer and Daily News and interviews with relatives of other elderly residents. The records include absentee-ballot applications with similar handwriting and time-stamped within minutes of one another.

Voter history records show that 34 people at St. Francis' address on Lansdowne Avenue voted in the May primary, all by absentee ballot.

Questions raised about absentee votes at nursing home

'Brokers' Exploit Absentee Voters; Elderly Are Top Targets for Fraud

Voter Fraud Is a Proven Election Manipulation Tactic

And it is the most vulnerable who are far too often the victims of vote thieves. DeFiglio admitted that the "people who are targeted live in low-income housing … [T]here is a sense that they are a lot less likely to ask any questions."
In March 2012, the county sheriff and clerk in Lincoln County, W.Va., pled guilty to voter fraud.

They stuffed enough bogus absentee ballots into ballot boxes to change the outcome of a 2010 Democratic primary election. Was this a one-time incident? Probably not, since the Lincoln County auditor was also found guilty of voter fraud in 2005.

Change Urged for Nursing-Home Voters

Many elderly people, especially those in long-term care, use absentee ballots, which -- unless supervised by election officials -- are the type of voting most susceptible to fraud.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

You have a problem with this, but all the voter suppression laws passed by the Republicans are just fine right?

Maybe you can tell me what laws you mean.

I know in FL we had actual suppression where we went from every voter deserves to be counted when it was benefiting the D's to oops we did not do it in time when the vote tally switched to helped R's. That is actual suppression of votes actually sent in.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Campaign workers can ''cultivate'' these individuals, coaching them along

Exactly... coaching them...

If you don't see anything wrong with this then there is something wrong with you.

If someone is incapable of showing up to vote, then they shouldn't be able to vote.

Personally, I also believe that anyone who has been the recipient of government welfare in any given year forfeits their voting privilege for that year.

People who feed from the public trough shouldn't have a say in who provides their benefits.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

And then anyone who votes R they can conveniently lose those ballots.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

You mean something like what happened in the articles below?

Yes, something like that case you cite. Here I say ''case'' because it was the only one cited in the first two articles you offer. There were accusations made in that article that suggested that there were other cases but none provided. It would have been more interesting to have had more cases offered to back up the claims. Your first two links spoke to this election.

Your other three links were written way prior to this election as far back as 2000 and do not offer information to this allagation specifically, just generally asto the manipulation of elderly voters. This does not make the concerns of the articles invalid. They are valid questions and issues to address. It is just that who is really invested in doing anything about them.

In your final link it is pointed out that

Richard J. Bonnie, a law professor at the University of Virginia, said the majority of states had laws to prevent voting by people who had had guardians appointed. And some states bar voting by people labeled "insane," though what that means is not well defined. In any case, Mr. Bonnie said, if tested, those laws would most likely be found unconstitutional.

That last sentence cuts to the chase I think. ''If tested, those laws would most likely be found unconstitutional.

Originally the Constitution allowed the vote for only white men of substance. It took constitutional amendments to allow for others to vote as well. The move constitutionally has been to expansion of voting privileges to all male citizens and women citizens. The question of valid mental states is one that has been largely avoided.

It's a matter of where do we draw the line for viable voters. Should there be a mental capacity test? Some say yes and some say no. In that case who would be in charge of defining viable mental capacity. Doctors? Family? Federal law?

As the earliest of your links was from 2000 it is clear that this problem is not new but has not as yet been addressed or had actions set to correct the potential for abuse on the federal level, I think simply because it is such a rats nest of conflicting laws and rights. And leaving it to doctors or legal guardians or even family members is vague as the final paragraph from your last link points out.

Members of the expert group said they were surprised to hear how often spouses and other relatives of people with dementia acknowledged to doctors or friends that they voted in the patient's place, either with absentee ballots or in voting booths, reasoning that they knew how the patient would have voted. Voting on behalf of someone else in that way is illegal, they experts said. People can appoint proxies to make financial or business decisions for them but not to vote.

I agree with you Blue that there are unscrupulous actors in this whole process but to think that it is limited to Democrats seems to me myopic. As is brought up in the much more general article on voter fraud written 2012

Members of the expert group said they were surprised to hear how often spouses and other relatives of people with dementia acknowledged to doctors or friends that they voted in the patient's place, either with absentee ballots or in voting booths, reasoning that they knew how the patient would have voted. Voting on behalf of someone else in that way is illegal, they experts said. People can appoint proxies to make financial or business decisions for them but not to vote.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Just found this ATS article. It goes to the abuse we both recognize is happening.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: network dude

Are the facts spot on?

I could say that the electoral college is a right wing attempt to overrule the majority by the minority and that Trump stole that election.

It has more validity that suggesting that a voting process that both sides have used, is there to steal an election (which arguably neither side entirely won or lost and where the outcome was entirely what the pundits expected).

an article in the gateway pundit used words similar to yours, so I'll discredit all you said, based on that alone. (see the point yet?)

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
There's nothing to prevent political operatives from going door to door offering to give them money to fill out a ballot a certain way. Or to trash votes that aren't for their candidate. Super duper fantastically smart law, make sure democracy works for everyone. Absolutely the foulest thing since Tammany Hall.

Based on the fact both parties have not only cheated but conceded elections they knew were stolen (Gore v Bush 2000 for example) both parties should be abolished as criminal racketeering organizations. Let's start over and keep money and corporations out of our elections.
edit on 4-12-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
There's nothing to prevent political operatives from going door to door offering to give them money to fill out a ballot a certain way.

Yeah, but there's also nothing to stop "political operatives" from going door to door offering money to people to lodge a regular absentee vote a certain way... So I doubt this policy would be all that much more beneficial to any person/group, who was already prepared to go to such lengths.

Or to trash votes that aren't for their candidate.

As it stands, there's really nothing stopping the volunteers who count the votes from declaring the ones they don't agree with invalid... Apart from the fact that it's obviously illegal.

Fact of the matter is, to be able to literally alter the outcome of an election by fraud, it would have to be a highly organized operation with lots of people involved... And if such a large & highly organized group actually existed, then it was always going to happen anyway... whether they enacted this policy or not

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join