It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please address the redirects ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Ha! Got a redirect trying to read this thread. Such an unlucky user.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: fredrodgers1960
I've run message boards, that's a very sketchy thing to do, especially for advertisers.

Are advertisers that easy to fool? A new tab is in the same browser session.

Yes. It's in the same browser session, but counts as 2 or 3 or.. pages being displayed to you, even if you don't click on the tabs. One of my competitors ended up having to stop it because ad companies started to actually track this, but with the new advertising models, the advertisers really only know the source if it's clicked on.

It's a slightly devious way of enhancing your actual impressions. It won't change.

Fred..

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: fredrodgers1960

If the additional hits don't Translate into sales, the Forum looks less competent and its reputation deteriorates.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Sales? People actually buy the crap intrusive adds push on them?
Personally, I refuse.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: fredrodgers1960

If the additional hits don't Translate into sales, the Forum looks less competent and its reputation deteriorates.

Impressions. It's getting an ad onto your screen. You see it. Maybe you buy, but maybe when you think about a new "whatever" that ad will jog your memory and buy.

From Wikipedia - " An impression is when an ad is fetched from its source, and is countable. Whether the ad is clicked is not taken into account. Each time an ad is fetched, it is counted as one impression."

So, ATS keeps opening new tabs, each of these is then a separate impression. Each new tab then fetches a new ad from the servers each time a new tab is opened which is counted and then paid to the displaying website. 6 tabs = 6 impressions.

Fred..

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This evil pop up has completely shut down my access to ATS today.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SRPrime

originally posted by: Propagandalf
Try deleting your cookies. I’m not getting these redirects.

It's not cookies; you're not getting them because you're blocking them. Which is incredibly difficult to do on mobile as mobile browsers don't have plugins.

Browsing on PC is cinche, browsing on a mobile is impossible now.

firefox mobile supports all plugins that the desktop version does.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join