It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to attend George H.W. Bush funeral, names Dec. 5 national day of mourning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

BUENOS AIRES — President Trump plans to attend the Washington funeral of former president George H.W. Bush and is designating next Wednesday a national day of mourning in honor of the 41st president, the White House said Saturday.

Despite years of deep animosity between Trump and the Bush family, who represent divergent brands of Republicanism, Trump showered praise on Bush’s legacy as a World War II veteran and lifelong public servant...
President Trump and first lady Melania Trump will attend George H.W. Bush’s funeral at Washington National Cathedral

Trump to attend George H.W. Bush funeral, names Dec. 5 national day of mourning

First off, I want to express my condolences to the Bush Family. I choose to use the WaPo due to it being a mouth piece for the alphabet agency. The Bushes and Trump have had a bad relationship, including Trump’s treatment of former Florida Governor Jeb Bush. Gov Bush was once seen as a natural front-runner for the Republican nomination, during the 2016 primaries. Trump repeatedly dismissed his competitor as “low energy,” while G.W. called him an egotistical “blowhard.” President Trump, who is presently in Argentina for the Group of 20 summit, was briefed overnight of Bush’s death. White House Spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders said that Trump is planning to speak with Bush’s oldest son, former President George W. Bush, at some point Saturday morning. The President touted Bush’s “unflappable leadership” in a statement after his death.

The President has designated Wednesday, December 5th as a National Day Of Mourning. He and the First Lady will attend the funeral at the National Cathedral in Washington, D.C
I hope and pray security is very tight.
www.bloomberg.com...
www.thedailybeast.com...
www.washingtonpost.com... 993_story.html?utm_term=.5dc62e9440d1
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
So the current United States president plans to attend the funeral of a past United States president. Funny how this is news now....

Before trump it would be a given,,, now it is news....

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Good thread, I appreciate it, S+F.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

What makes it a good thread? I know you are a super duper pro trump guy, but announcing that the president will attend the funeral of a past president makes it a good thread?

Are we supposed to be surprised that trump is going? He has not yet. It might rain....

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
GOOD tread, OP.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Oh, I hope they let him speak! George H Bush deserves to have Trump speak at his funeral!

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

What makes it a good thread? I know you are a super duper pro trump guy, but announcing that the president will attend the funeral of a past president makes it a good thread?

Are we supposed to be surprised that trump is going? He has not yet. It might rain....

No, we should not be surprised that President Trump is going.

I am surprised however, that hussein, the clingons and the other lefty clowns havent found a reason yet, they can moan about, how disrespectful is that President Trump wants to attend.

It might still come later...

Nice OP, s+f

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I don't know why H.W. Bush is hated by the same people who hated McCain. Are (were) they that alike?

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

Good thread as in relevant infornation and what is going on.

Take off your political blinders, just for a bit.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: szino9

Lefties will whine no matter what Trump says or does.

Ignore them. Seems to pis'em off even more than Trump himself.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I don't think the Bush family will welcome trump after blaming "W" for 911. trump will pray for rain...

www.politico.com...

Good thread....

edit on 1-12-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I don't think the Bush family will welcome trump after blaming "W" for 911. trump will pray for rain...

www.politico.com...

Good thread....

He is already going.

Plus, he blamed Bush Jr, while dissing Jeb. He'll attend the funeral to pay respects to Bush senior. Jeb and Jr Bush are but small beans to Trump and matter not in the grand scheme of things.

---

Side note: At the death of McCain, we saw attitude changes from a couple of folks. At the death of Bush Senior, I wonder who else will be "freed" so to speak.

All the "old G's" are dying. Who's left to push the agenda now?

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

www.politico.com...

Good thread....

He is already going.

Plus, he blamed Bush Jr, while dissing Jeb. He'll attend the funeral to pay respects to Bush senior. Jeb and Jr Bush are but small beans to Trump and matter not in the grand scheme of things.

---

Side note: At the death of McCain, we saw attitude changes from a couple of folks. At the death of Bush Senior, I wonder who else will be "freed" so to speak.

All the "old G's" are dying. Who's left to push the agenda now?

You could be right but twitter in chief has quite a history of insulting the Bushes...

I predict trump will send Ivanka and J. in his stead; trump has other things to worry about....

www.rawstory.com...
edit on 1-12-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

No.
He will be there.
And with the highest security that we have ever seen.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD

What am I looking at?

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

Delusional logic?

Must be a Freudian slip

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

maybe not.
cant verify this.
www.docdroid.net...

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

www.politico.com...
Good thread....

Now there is this:

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Hehe...that's still funny.

Since CNN can't blame Trump for the death, they are focusing on other headlines.

Currently: "Republicans undo democracy in Wisconsin"....LOL

join