It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thought experiment: The aliens have landed, what would you do?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DaRAGE
Take some high definition video and pictures. You know... the non blurry type... and from up close

Be sure to put them on YouTube, they would probably be the first real UFO video on there.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatsthisthen
Being in Australia, I would sit back and watch what happens to America.

If they chose to land first in America over say New Zealand where folks are down to earth, then there is more then just a "hello".

Maybe an alliance for power which says the aliens are all show or have a need for protection. They could have gone to the Russian Federation if that was the purpose.

Otherwise a show of power, the hurt us if you can and then it is OUR turn.

Can't think of any other reason to land in America first.

So we sit back and watch. Even if there is conflict, it may not mean the end of the world. What follows afterwards would be more telling.

If the aliens had good intentions, morals, ethics and power they might have chose Japan where ethics are important.

I would look at where they didn't land as more important then where they did land.

I apologize for using America as the landing site, obviously aliens would pick EARTH as the landing site. That's just my primitive ape brain working the problem.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

I'd prepare to fight my way north and claim a mountain. Canada would have a new family of inhabitants and one less mountain.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011

originally posted by: Whatsthisthen
Being in Australia, I would sit back and watch what happens to America.

If they chose to land first in America over say New Zealand where folks are down to earth, then there is more then just a "hello".

Maybe an alliance for power which says the aliens are all show or have a need for protection. They could have gone to the Russian Federation if that was the purpose.

Otherwise a show of power, the hurt us if you can and then it is OUR turn.

Can't think of any other reason to land in America first.

So we sit back and watch. Even if there is conflict, it may not mean the end of the world. What follows afterwards would be more telling.

If the aliens had good intentions, morals, ethics and power they might have chose Japan where ethics are important.

I would look at where they didn't land as more important then where they did land.

I apologize for using America as the landing site, obviously aliens would pick EARTH as the landing site. That's just my primitive ape brain working the problem.

Don't apologise and it is interesting.

Where they would choose to land at any point in history would say something. Presumably they did some social homework.

A militaristic very disciplined aliens might look at feudal Japan as the pinnacle of human society. They might feel right at home with Bushido martial arts culture where individual attainment of skill and ethics is seen as the mark of civilisation. The creation of a renaissance in feudal Japanese society would probably interest them greatly.

In which case they would probably not value collective attainment and perhaps see collective/oneness thinking as undesirable.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Tell them to quietly sneak away.
humans are totally insane.
and tell them to give a warning to ALL aliens to Stay Away!

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Hmm, probably not much.

Try to work a plan with my family and closest friends in case "# hits the fan", where should we meet, what to carry with us, etc. But there's no much point in planning because there isn't really any way to know how things would go if they are hostile.

Other than this, go to work and -I guess- look at a news broadcast for the entire day with the rest of my coworkers.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I always thought i would be in awe, run up and greet them until i actually had one right above my car, then hover about 50ft away and watch me. My reaction was pure fear. Nothing like feeling like your being hunted to make you go back to the caveman days. reply to: openminded2011

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   

This question actually came up one time when I was part of the three man cockpit crew of a 727.. I was new and was working as a second officer. The first officer said he would shake their hand and take them to our leader or go see their leader, for he was their kinda guy..

The Captain who was known to be scary eccentric turned around and said he would "KILL THEM !! EVERY F'ing ONE of THEM"!!! This was all said with a lot of force so we would not doubt his intentions...!

The cockpit was silent until we reached cruising altitude and I plucked up enough courage to ask the captain why would he kill them ?

With a rather majestic wave of his arm and hand he said.. "Through out all of history the first thing they do after they arrive is they take your land and then your women... And no one is taking my women" !!

The atmosphere in the cockpit had been so thick with thinking this guy really was a nut case until he said the bit about his women.. We all cracked up laughing ..

He was single and liked to talk about a stripper girlfriend (Susy) of his that was true blue... It was a lie but funny the way he talked about her..

I flew with him all month long and there were many times I would get off a trip and my jaw would be sore from laughing so much.. When this captain retired he requested me to fly with him on his last trip which I did even though I was a Captain too.

edit on 727thk18 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Tug at their rubber masks and unzip their zippers.

Load them in my pickup and drive straight to an immigration enforcement office.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Run and hope they don't find me.They are not friendly and
they are not our long,lost space brothers!

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

If I was close enough, go up, rap my knuckles on the hull and tell them I am the king of the world and happy to make a deal

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I submit without a struggle...In the nude.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

I submit without a struggle...In the nude.

probably need these to save us...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join