It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez likens her election win to America’s historic moon landing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Ok... This potato was pretty funny at first, but this is starting to get scary.

forget the moon landing... civil rights... her election is on the same level as the civil rights movement, and I am certain some people agree with what she is saying.

We may truly be F'd as a nation if this is the future of politics in our country, all flash and no go. (example anti-pelosi before she endorsed pelosi)

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

All superpowers collapse.....may as well do it a sexy chick at the helm than a horse shagging inbreed lunatic like rome

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Unruhestifter

Welp we always go big, so when it happens I expect it to be fairly epic.

Dont mind me ill be fighting till the end to protect the Constitution.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

“This is not just about a Green New Deal, this is about a new deal for the United States of America,” the 29-year-old said at a “Sunrise Movement” press conference in Washington. “Because in every moment where our country has reached the depths of darkness, in every moment, when we were at the brink, at the cusp of an abyss, and we did not know if we could be capable of saving ourselves, we have.”

“We’ve done what we thought was impossible. We went to the moon,” she added. “We electrified the nation. We established civil rights. We enfranchised the country. We dug deep and we did it. We did it when no one else thought that we could. That’s what we did when so many of us won an election this year. That’s what so many of us did.”

iotwreport.com...

Ummm. . . . okay.

I wanted to post this not so much because it's another stupid thing some stupid commie said, but because I honestly believe that most (if not all) politicians feel this way.

They are so full of themselves.

I think that if we gave politicians like Cotez a laxitive, they'd only weigh 2 ounces afterwards.

It's our own fault, our culture has made "political celebrities". People of no substance gaining fame for having regurgitated concepts, and doing nothing but acting in the most self-serving manner while we fawn over them like they're friggin' geniuses.

I know throat-punching people is illegal and that throat-punching politicians doubly so, because we live in a Banana Republic.

But some days, most days, I wish that it weren't.

How is she any different than Trump?

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Trump talks like this.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
She’s like the left’s Trump; people pick apart and analyze her flubs while ignoring the rest. She’s going to keep winning if this keeps up.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

She’s like the left’s Trump; people pick apart and analyze her flubs while ignoring the rest. She’s going to keep winning if this keeps up.

But there is nothing else.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Apparently she also established civil rights. The ego on that chick is ridiculous. And, I'm not sure she even sees reality; she more is the super-hero character of her own delusional fictions. We make fun of her, but she is an incredibly dangerous person. She is the type, that given power, she would "cleanse" non-believers from her delusion.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
She's the gift which keeps on giving.

It's obvious she's been given scripts to read and has no clue what they mean.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

But there is nothing else.

Take her at her strongest arguments.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

No, her policy positions are flubs.

She wants free stuff for all and cannot articulate how we pay for it beyond saying that since it will be more affordable, of course you can pay for it.

Obama could at least articulate a tax policy to pay for his proposals. She can't seem to get that far, or she knows if she does, all her smoke and mirrors are down the drain.
edit on 1-12-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon
Clearly the only reason she is in the news is because she's kinda hot.

Hot? If she wasn’t in politics she’d be working at Target.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Her ship is due to enter Pluto's atmosphere any day now.

"long walk but I will make it"

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
“This is not just about a Green New Deal, this is about a new deal for the United States of America,” the 29-year-old said at a “Sunrise Movement” press conference in Washington.

What a fitting name for a liberal press conference. My "Sunrise Movement" usually arrives right after my first cup of coffee.
edit on 12 1 2018 by underpass61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
She is a simpleton and anyone who voted for her is dumber than she is.
And BTW.....she is not even close to being hot, but that is just me I guess.
I favor physical looks and at least 29 brain cells.
She maybe has 2.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
... _ _ _ ...
"Green New Deal" .... code for:
"keep your wallets close and your jobs closer", "you'll need both to pay for it".
😎
edit on Dec-01-2018 by xuenchen because: ⚔

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Just Like a Cortez,
screw over the ignorant,
steal their Gold, and proclaim
yourself a God.

Only a fool would even date
that person.

S&F

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Americans are used to the concept of 'you break it, you buy it.' Well, here we are.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

She Guevara !!! 😀

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
so i guess you guys are actually really really scared of her, hey?
i move in pretty lefty circles for the most part and i never hear anything about her, then i come over here and you just can't stop raving about her... and such visceral, hateful things you say! it couldn't be clearer that you're quaking in your boots

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join