It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secrets of Future Airpower: Aurora

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Wee dang! I was (naturally) watching the military channel just now, and watched a show called Secrets of Future Airpower. It wasn't talked about at all (though a jet laser was that was pretty darn cool), but at the end, they cut to several different aircraft which were talked about through the show. For a split second, I think they showed a cgi image of the Aurora. Did anyone else see this that can confirm this? It was definately not mentioned in the show, and was the only plane shown that wasn't mentioned in the show, be it theoretical or in existance. I was a wee bit of shocked and dun gone runnin' to my computer to find out more!

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
i believe i saw what you are reffering to, i think it was just showing one of the hypersonic concepts, which were discussed on the show

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Hmmm...You may be thinking of the scram jet, but that's not the one I was talking about. I watched the whole show through and would have noticed it, I think. S'pose the only option is to stay up late and watch it again when it comes back on

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
At first I assumed you were talking about the X-45C or X-47B, but having watched the show I think what you talking about it the X-43B. You might have heard about Nasa's X-43A going mach 9.8 last year, unfortunatly that was the last X-43 craft to be flown. The show is obviously not new, an obvious way to tell is it talked about the comanche...which is cancelled. Nasa had originaly planed the X-43 A, X-43B, and an X-43C, they cancelled the last two...But the show showed the X-43B for a few seconds, so I believe that is what your referring to.

heres a pic of the X-43A and then the X-43B.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   
That was the scram jet. There was something else on there. It was on for less than a second at the end, banking to the left. It was on for just a flash, but my mouth dropped when I saw it, because I had always thought ATS's little fad with the "Aurora" was all BS. When I saw it on a channel I suspect to be funded by the military (due to the info and all the Army ads), I was rather shocked. In the past, when a movie would even mention area 51, the military would refuse even support on operations and the like. The fact that this image was on there...I suspect that, like the B-2, another aircraft is really close to being declasified.

VERY brief on the show. Like the scram jet, it was CGI, but it was not, not the scram jet. They spent more than a few seconds talking about that guy, and combining the fuel economy of a turbine engine with the speed of a rocket engine (see, I was paying attention during that part, since that is almost a quote from the show talking about the scram jet
I ain't as dumb as I look, and y'all have never seen me so you can't even base my stupidity on my looks
) It showed up at the end, when it was talking about the future of air power and that you don't want a fair fight, and it was flashing from aircraft to aircraft. It was not the scram jet. It was something else.
All of y'all non-believers can apologize to me if they declasify it in the near future, and I'll eat my words if someone posts a screen capture and explains what it really was. Again, not the scram jet. The scram jet was the space plane looking thing with the 4 vecotor thrust engines which were elongated rectangles. NOT that guy. Not the X-43A, not the X-43B. I know my aircraft, and this was something I've never seen before. Well...technically. I've seen theoretical stuff on ATS's "official" article...I think. It was hard to gauge size with a blue backdrop.

Oh, and it wasn't one of them drones, either, including the guy who lands on carriers.

top topics

join