It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Catholic Church destroys the lives of young men who want to pursue priesthood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I will be brief this time. John Paul II and his followers literally destroyed my youth. By making me believe in the coming "Civilization of love" to oppose the "civilization of death" in the world, to abandon everything for ..."living and spreading the Gospel of Christ" according to their own understanding of these words. I gave my best years in my youth to pursue a spiritual vocation...I abandoned or sidelined other perspectives in life, as having a family, or promising career.

I wasn't rejected by them. I just was used (not sexual), and later left empty handed not even with the normal pay that a hired person would receive for all work with the youth I did for nearly two decades. Inevitably I grew older. And that was it. They just don't want me or need me anymore.

I wonder, besides the sexual dimension of the crisis in the Catholic Church that we all know details of it: how many more dramas are there, that do not involve anything sexual, but are no less painful and destructive for the lives of the young ones? Giving them false hopes in a world that never changes for better in our lifetime, they are literally drained of their youth energy and potential to develop in other areas of society. Or to develop intimate relationships, instead of sacrificing their youth to the service of the Church, that turns to be service to the high clergy. And later, they cannot restart their lives, as we can restart a computer. They are abandoned to their fate.

Why instead of the absurd speaking and empty promises of those high profile hierarchy , why didn't they tell us that what we learn from the books are extraterrestrial angels for example? That there are other ways to make the society better, not the absurd medieval ways they preach?

I suggest MASS RESIGNATIONS inside the Catholic Church highest levels, as the FIRST STEP towards cleansing of structures. Not just a dozen of elderly who retire anyway, but 50% and more cleanse in the highest hierarchy. One good way to do that, let the pope increase the numbers of cardinals 10 times, from 120 to reach above 1000, and they to be lay people. There isn't anything canonical to prevent that. And even if there is, he can change the rules, having the absolute power of a religious monarch.

The other way is to disband the Vatican altogether and start from scratch. Jesus didn't create the Vatican. The 1.2 bln catholics deserve something better for their earthly lives, and for their sincere faith in our beloved Lord Jesus!

And if the pope and cardinals just don't do it, just keep dragging feet of a reform that for 6 years brought nothing real on the table, then this is The End. As Malachi puts it.
edit on 1-12-2018 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

Its tragic more people don't notice the way Jesus spoke of "religious" leaders/establishments of the time

*shrug*

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 05:11 AM
link   

You may very well be correct. I don't know your expectations going in, many people spend their lives in religious delusion. ATS is full of these people.

How do you know you haven't changed the world? I'm not talking about newspaper headlines but the individuals you worked with. Even if they appear the same, they might treat others differently. Don't be so hard on yourself.

I'm not defending the church. It does need cleansed. That's not your fault.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
thank you guys! I feel abandoned, but also I believe there is justice, there is God after all!

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

I don't think it is possible to "fix" the Catholic church. Why even bother. Walk away and have nothing more to do with it. It permeated in corruption and greed. It would be impossible to root out the corruption.

I am blown away that people still drag their kids into an organization that harbors and protects pedophiles...It is just mind boggling to me.

edit on 1-12-2018 by pointessa because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2018 by pointessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

Yes. It's a good thing there are no Jewish, Atheist, or Islamic pedophiles.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
If you lived and worked in good conscience then you have done your part for the church and for God. I'm sorry the institution isn't what you thought it was, I had a similar experience with US government (so far as delusion goes). You have the rest of your life, do what you will with it and there's no commandment that you must do God's work through the church. You don't need their blessing if you have God's.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Just wait till you realise they made it all up for money and power.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Thank god I was never into cults and sects
edit on 1-12-2018 by KiwiNite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
wow... you were really an 'innocent'... not realizing 'Angels' are ETs in realistic terms, as are Demons that were cast to Earth... the world-wide delusion was warned of in scripture...
but the 'end-times'-Delusion will be much greater than just the relief from the discomfort in Praying/kneeling on padded platforms at your Pew or Praying/kneeling on your Prayer Rug.

(the ~REVIVED~ 4th & final Beast with legs & feet and toes, of Iron & iron-clay, will crush & destroy everything)

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

Any organization that systemically protects pedophiles and makes it possible for them to continue deserves to be burnt to the ground, and anyone that tolerates that organization and gives money to it is complicit.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

You may very well be correct. I don't know your expectations going in, many people spend their lives in religious delusion. ATS is full of these people.

How do you know you haven't changed the world? I'm not talking about newspaper headlines but the individuals you worked with. Even if they appear the same, they might treat others differently. Don't be so hard on yourself.

I'm not defending the church. It does need cleansed. That's not your fault.

Are there really any participants of the Catholic church that are not aware of the corruption and protection of pedophiles? They must have been living under a rock somewhere???

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Are there really any participants in the Catholic Church who are not aware of the corruption, greed and self promotion
Havnt people read Luthers thesis, did you choose to ignore, educate and discuss your beliefs

It's terrible but ...

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Diversionary tactics are a really sad way of defending the life destroying, utterly evil crimes of the church.
Better of just denying them altogether yes?

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa

Any organization that systemically protects pedophiles and makes it possible for them to continue deserves to be burnt to the ground, and anyone that tolerates that organization and gives money to it is complicit.

Then let's burn down Hollywood.

new topics

top topics

join