It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absolutely Livid!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

When I was younger I went to a couple of work Christmas parties, they were nothing but trouble, so I learned quickly to never go to them.

My last job people would comment to me that I must think I’m too good to mingle with them. I would just tell them I don’t drink and drive (which I don’t).

Every year, I would hear them all gossiping about this one hitting on so and so manager, someone falling down, doesn’t sound like a good time to me, I’d rather hang out with my cat.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Takes a special kind of ???? to be "livid" that people want to hang out with you. Get off your glass palace for a bit. It's fun.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

Just don't expect any promotions. Because that's how they are given out. Popularity. Not merit.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Honestly, it really kind of sounds like it's you.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
If you don't like potheads and alcoholics then don't hang out with them. If you must hang out with them then try to smoke the same amount of weed and/or drink the same amount of alcohol they do & you will have a good time. You are operating in a different dimension then they are, so either try to operate in the same dimension or don't hang out with them. You are not any better or worse then them or anyone else. Also, every time you use the word "I" you are being extremely egotistical.
edit on 1-12-2018 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

It would be really funny if your job required you to be nice to customers.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
Revisited an old scenario tonight. Read here if you want:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The short of it is, I hate everyone, especially people who don't let me be.

So what do they do? They try to hang out with me.

The title doesn't do it justice. I am sooo pissed off.

It's co-workers again. Pestering me to hang out. Giving me sheet every day like "oh he thinks he's too good to hang out with us."

You're damn skippy I'm too good! And you dispelled all doubt of that, you jackin' apes!

So I finally let my guard down and went out to a Mexican dinner with 'the guys' aka the troglodyte society. I even offered to pay for all.

One guy is blasted to the moon on a certain green substance. He's yelling, being stupid, cursing and talking of inappropriate things with kids in earshot all around us. He's a horndog with the female staff.

To top it off he's knocking over drinks, making a mess with the chips and salsa--any 4 year old would be hard-pressed to match this table mess--like really, I feel like I have to babysit this moron.

Then he's trying to wrestle me in the booth.

When I told him to tone it down he smeared guac and sour cream on my arm and spit in my dinner!

That stupid MF I could choke him and kick his stupid ass into oncoming traffic.

This is really what hanging out is? This is what you dumbass millennials do with your life?

Damn straight I'm too snobby and stuck up and too good. I am a grown ass adult and was absolutely ashamed to be in such company. I will never be like you.

Well...IMO only....immediately comes to mind a response to any invites..."No thanks. I quit "hanging out" once I grew up. But, if you'd like the arrange to get together with me and some friends, that'd be great sometime!"

I'm always getting something like "Dude! You should hang with us!" Well...I appreciate that, and I am a dude...but...

Your call I guess...I don't do funeral-wakes either....but thats just me. With your situation here? I just don't like drama...and "pass" usually...and therefore stay outta the inevitable...I'll hear about it soon enough at the water cooler .....

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

It would be really funny if your job required you to be nice to customers.

It's a choice, not a requirement

I'm the one doing the laughing. As soon as my customers act like this I am free to pick up my tools and leave.

edit on 1-12-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
a reply to: KTemplar

Just don't expect any promotions. Because that's how they are given out. Popularity. Not merit.

I'm well aware that licking butt leads to promotions. That's why I expect never to move up.

Say, didn't DB get a couple big promotions recently?

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

That's fine.

I still am embarrassed to go out and make a total jackass of myself or even sit next to one. So we agree I am better off not doing it.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBIZZ
every time you use the word "I" you are being extremely egotistical.

Do you want NB to refer to himself in the third person perspective??

NB is gettin' upset!

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I don't know what you do or anything, but it looks to me like you need to find other work. I mean, you ARE hanging out with these guys by virtue of the fact you work with them. Sometimes an individual work site just has a bad environment, and sometimes it's the type of work you do which attracts lower class loonies. It's really up to you to align yourself with the type of people you feel comfortable with. if you truly hate everyone no matter who they are, maybe it's time to work for yourself. The one thing you can count on is that no one is going to change. It's not going to get better.

In other words, it's your move.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
That had to be really embarrassing. All my co-workers wanted to do was go out and drink. I always wanted to be included until I realized all I would be doing is drinking in a bar with them all the time. Where as I would rather go Ghost Hunting, Museums, Road Trips, ect.

It seems nobody has any sense of adventure anymore and it's sad and sucks.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Wow NB ! That was a worthy rant, and like others I can see where you’re coming from.

Don’t let them pressure you into going out with them if that’s how the evening is going to play out.

I remember once being at a club ( years ago ) and a group of guys were there celebrating one of their birthdays. Birthday boy was so drunk and so obnoxious he nearly got decked by 3 different guys , out back where people were having a smoke.

One of his friends finally showed up outside and I warned him to take his friend home NOW, before they both wish he had, later. His friend did the right thing and got his butt out of there.

Now these aren’t your friends, merely coworkers and you have no real responsibility to them.

Sorry you had to pay for the meal , for such a difficult experience.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Actually, you’re full of it. Doesn’t sound like he’s the problem at all.

He tried a nice gesture towards his coworkers and it backfired.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

Actually, you’re full of it. Doesn’t sound like he’s the problem at all.

He tried a nice gesture towards his coworkers and it backfired.

Amen. Thanks, Sheye.

At least now I can cite that experience the next time they approach me.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   

This is why I don't hang out with people from work. Next time tell them to get bent!

I too am labeled unsocial or snobby because I don't attend work get togethers or go out with the girls. I'm not there to make friends, most the people there are far too superficial for me to even stand being around. I can tolerate one co-worker because she gets it. The others I just can't. Also the owner is so arrogant and crude I don't want to hear him ramble on after a few drinks because I may not keep my mouth shut. He recently made a derogatory comment about my BF and it took all I had in me to bite my tongue. He's so inappropriate it's unreal so yea I will NOT be attending the annual Christmas party.

People are jerks!

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Lighten up dude-channel your inner village idiot.

Bahahah. One of these guys got arrested for impersonating a police officer and carrying firearms while intoxicated. Yeah, sounds like a good old time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join