It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absolutely Livid!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Revisited an old scenario tonight. Read here if you want:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The short of it is, I hate everyone, especially people who don't let me be.

So what do they do? They try to hang out with me.

The title doesn't do it justice. I am sooo pissed off.

It's co-workers again. Pestering me to hang out. Giving me sheet every day like "oh he thinks he's too good to hang out with us."

You're damn skippy I'm too good! And you dispelled all doubt of that, you jackin' apes!

So I finally let my guard down and went out to a Mexican dinner with 'the guys' aka the troglodyte society. I even offered to pay for all.

One guy is blasted to the moon on a certain green substance. He's yelling, being stupid, cursing and talking of inappropriate things with kids in earshot all around us. He's a horndog with the female staff.

To top it off he's knocking over drinks, making a mess with the chips and salsa--any 4 year old would be hard-pressed to match this table mess--like really, I feel like I have to babysit this moron.

Then he's trying to wrestle me in the booth.

When I told him to tone it down he smeared guac and sour cream on my arm and spit in my dinner!

That stupid MF I could choke him and kick his stupid ass into oncoming traffic.

This is really what hanging out is? This is what you dumbass millennials do with your life?

Damn straight I'm too snobby and stuck up and too good. I am a grown ass adult and was absolutely ashamed to be in such company. I will never be like you.

edit on 1-12-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   
No, making a mess in a restaurant is not normal. Maybe next time trust your instincts and just say no.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I totally feel your pain on this. I've had a couple very similar experiences! The thing is, I'm not trying to turn into some anti social shut-in, but damn... C'mon people - get it together!!

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DakotaSioux
I totally feel your pain on this. I've had a couple very similar experiences! The thing is, I'm not trying to turn into some anti social shut-in, but damn... C'mon people - get it together!!

Exactly!

Trust me when I say, it's not ME. It's YOU.

I seriously want to throttle the little hobbit bastard

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

So we're never gonna go get a drink?

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Lighten up dude-channel your inner village idiot.

Everyone gets their chance of making an ass of themselves, and if you're lucky you will too.

The Gallery may say "you can't smoke that in here" or "those ho'r deurve's are meant for everyone" or my favorite "please cake stop trying to offer the ice sculpture a duel at ten paces."

Be thankful for the village idiot, it's a way for those who have a superiority complex to look down on others, otherwise those folk will have nothing to complain about.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Lighten up dude-channel your inner village idiot.

Everyone gets their chance of making an ass of themselves, and if you're lucky you will too.

The Gallery may say "you can't smoke that in here" or "those ho'r deurve's are meant for everyone" or my favorite "please cake stop trying to offer the ice sculpture a duel at ten paces."

Be thankful for the village idiot, it's a way for those who have a superiority complex to look down on others, otherwise those folk will have nothing to complain about.

No, he wasn't being a clown. I know because I am a clown.

He was high and being a stupid embarrassment. It wasn't charming or endearing. If you think it is then more power to you. That's why I stay at home and hermit it up. I deal with enough morons in my daily work life. I don't need it in my off-hours.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   

People can be an embarrassment while not under the influence, i'm embarrased when I have to wait in line for someone who doesn't know how to work an ATM.

Let the drunks have their day, you will remember it the next day but they won't.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Your friend was just blowing off a little steam. I have taken my turn babysitting and also at being the jackass. Usually there are under cover pressures involved that make people act foolish and even self destructive. Give him a break, and perhaps help him identify what’s really going on. Divorce, failed relationship, family or financial pressures is usually the key.

If you live long enough someday it will be your turn.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Hey NB, you free tomorrow?

Drinks on me.

I promise to restore your faith in humanity.

*faith in humanity not an assured outcome*

*all actions performed under intoxication will be subjected to the applicable laws of your local municipality*

*offer void in Hawaii and Puerto Rico*

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   
In reality though, I see you actually found millennials that wanted to socialize with other humans, in person.

That's big. It took a lot of effort for them to want to do something like that as opposed to the usual evening of streaming themselves doing auto erotic asphyxiation on twitch.

Baby steps and all that.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 04:39 AM
link   

She hates everyone too. But not like we do. We hate people that destroy the good things, stuff she hates. The good stuff.

SF

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   

So basically you're saying you work at the Zoo, right?

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   

This is really what hanging out is? This is what you dumbass millennials do with your life?

There’s jackasses like that in every generation. I know this, I have enough decades behind me, to have witnessed this a few times. He’s just an idiot.
And a drunk, by the sound of things. The type of drunk most people would not want to hang out with.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Fluck peer pressure. If people do that grade school crap I don't hang with them.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Funny, similar situation last night for us.
It was my works xmas party. They always put on quite the spectacular event for us.
The wife and I, ran into an old friend from high school. When we bumped into her at first all seemed good. She was sitting with her husband, whom works with me at the mine site. So we joined their table. Well during cocktail hour and into dinner, you could literally see this woman go down hill.
It started with her being loud here and there, and ended up with her falling around at the table during dinner and cackling like a buffoon during the stand up comic.
At one point her and her husband were arguing at the table.
I felt sorry for the guy.
He was saying, listen you’ve had 5 drinks, are falling around like a meatball, these are people I work with, we need to go.
Then she goes off the handle yelling at him - during the stand up comic (who was great)
She was saying I have 5 kids at home, I want to drink tonight, blah blah blah..
After about 10 awkward minutes of this going by, finally I think she realized she was making a fool of herself and they left.

Sorry to side rail the thread Narco, I as well understand how you felt, and wanted to vent!

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Thing is NB, I get exactly where you are coming from.

Its bad enough when you are at a bar drinking, or at an eatery, and some oaf you don't know is behaving like an idiot, making a mess and a fuss, and generally being an obnoxious twit. But when they happen to be in the group you walked into the joint with, its absolutely detestable. People who behave like that simply should not drink. They haven't the stomach or the brains for it, clearly.

That is why it is necessary to be selective in who you will and will not go drinking with. I have been fortunate enough to assemble about myself a group of friends who can hold their booze without making completely objectionable arses of themselves, and whose company I find enjoyable. But I am more than aware of exactly how fortunate that makes me, and nothing can possibly illustrate that better, than the behaviour of other patrons at bars and eateries I have been in before. For example, there was an occasion a few years ago where a friend of mine was celebrating their birthday, at a restaurant in town, whose gimmick was that as well as serving Spanish inspired cuisine, it also had a dancefloor and music would play to which people might, were they interested in doing so, get up to dance to. The name of the place was Salsa, so you can imagine what the general theme in the place was.

Now, our party was about twenty people, all between the ages of twenty eight to about fifty years old, and our conversation was lively. Not loud, not obnoxious, just lively, and of course, being British and mostly a bunch of alternatives, as well as the fact that many of us practically grew up in the same pub, we were knocking back booze like Ragnarok was coming. We were handling ourselves well, as standard. But there were people in that place who had literally NO idea how to cope with alcohol. The table behind mine, the patrons around which had been there for half the time we had, became twice as drunk on approximately a fifth as much booze, as the patrons around our table were. They stumbled into my chair and that of a few other friends of mine, several times on the way too and from the toilets, were so loud that one could not even hear the music, leave alone ones own conversation, and generally made idiots of themselves. One of them became so drunk that, despite clearly having all the body rhythm of a block of cheese, they decided they were going to give everyone in the bar a master class in salsa dancing. Of course, they proceeded to not only embarrass themselves with the most utterly formless display in dance history, but fall awkwardly against some tables and chairs, and actually managed to not only make a mess, but also damage the actual furniture in the establishment.

This led to a quarter hour effort on the part of management, to see that the entire party with which the oaf had arrived, was ushered, with much loud moaning and threats of legal action from the banished patrons, out of the door. The moment they got outside and the air hit them, fully half their number became near incapable of standing up, leading to them to have to lean on the window, on bollards on the edge of the pavement, and on one another just to remain partially upright. The entire group was utterly shameless in their abandonment of all decorum and capacity.

Now then... I am all for folks having a good time, but there is a difference between having a good time, and making sure that no one else is having a good time. The entire time that the group were in the restaurant, they made it impossible for other patrons to enjoy their time there. Their stumbling had caused spilled drinks, forkfuls of food to end up in the laps of patrons, their noise had prevented conversation and totally ruined the mood for an awful lot of the patrons, as well as making life incredibly difficult for the staff and management there. We were the last customers to leave that night, and we exited the building, replete with food and booze, in a FAR better state, all upright, capable and awake, not slurring loudly and waking up the neighbourhood with every idiotic utterance. We even put our chairs straight at the table and ensured that any mess was actually on the plates we had eaten from, rather than left to the side of said plates, and yes, we were all drunk by then. But we held it together, we were enjoyably drunk. We made problems for no one.

That is how I like it. I love to party as much as the next person, but having fun stops the moment you loose control of your standards in my estimation. See, when I drink, I stop before my faculties get utterly ruined. That's what I expect of my friends, and I am super lucky to have them to have a beer with, because there are many who just cannot help becoming total embarrassments when they get a few in them.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Well, that went badly.

I applaud the fact that you know how to enforce normal workplace boundaries an it's sad your co-workers never learned.
Honestly I'd toss the ball right back at them.

" So you're too good to hang out with us?"
Yeah dude, this buddy-buddy thing you got going is pretty indicative of toxic workplace behavior, but have at it!

I'm usually ruder about it tho. I hold the line that I never socialize off the clock with co-workers, I'm there for a paycheck. Kinda like the line at the DMV...cross it at your own peril. I made it VERY clear right from jump that one of the perks of this job was NO TALKING.

If you gotta communicate a job thing, ok.
If you're gonna ramble on about your personal life or gossip, talk to the hand. I'm walking away. It's now accepted I socialize about once a week with a couple of the guys, for about 5 min an then I'm done. Usually I do it just for the optics of being a team player.

NB ya gotta nip this crap in the bud!! Or you'll just let them drive you crazy.
I've been very blunt about I don't get paid enough to care about co-workers personal lives, this isn't high school an I'm NOT a camp counselor. I'm also not their fricking Mom.

I came to work to, you know, work?
After suggesting to more than one of them that they give it a shot they got the message.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I had a funny one happen once too. Started out similarly to yours. Couple from work at a company X-mas party. Great big table and not everyone knew everyone else. This guys wife proceeded to get progressively more blasted as the night went on, and started talking smack...loudly. Pretty soon her liquid-courage had her going full steam, ranting about the company and how poorly they were treating her husband. I could see this guy was mortified and was trying to get his wife to clam up...but she didn't.

Then she really got going! She started talking about how she was going to give the regional executive a piece of her mind, in no uncertain terms. I pulled this guy aside for a second and (quietly) suggested he get his wife to STFU, like...now! Well, she didn't shut up.

The whole time there was this diminutive older woman sitting at the table just quietly listening. She didn't say a word and had no expression at all other than a pleasant smile.

A bit later this lady walked over to the dessert table and while she was away I asked another guy who she was.

HA! Turned out she was the Executive Sr. Vice President's wife (the regional Exec's boss's boss)!!! AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!! **snort** AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

(I think I cracked a rib laughing about that one!!)

OOPS!!!

He left the company shortly afterwards. Sucked to be him!

ETA - BTW, I can't stand company functions for this exact reason. So I agree with ya NB.

edit on 12/1/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/1/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join