It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Will Have Just One Super Continent once again no kidding

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I think most have heard of the time when earth had one giant continent called Pangea, which formed around 310 million years ago. Pangea broke up around 180 million years ago and the continents have continued to drift apart. The Pacific is getting smaller and the Atlantic is getting bigger. All this is a cyclic event and the continents will once again come together to form one super continent is just another 200 to 250 million years.. For some reason my feeble brain had never considered another super continent would be forming in earth's future .. Duh talk about invasive species !!
There are presently different ways the new super continent may be formed and they have given the names of Novopangea, Pangea Ultima, Aurica and Amasia depending on how the continents rejoin..

this video is of the Aurica forming youtu.be...

The outer layer of the Earth, the solid crust we walk on, is made up of broken pieces, much like the shell of a broken egg. These pieces, the tectonic plates, move around the planet at speeds of a few centimetres per year.

Every so often they come together and combine into a supercontinent, which remains for a few hundred million years before breaking up.
The plates then disperse or scatter and move away from each other, until they eventually – after another 400-600 million years – come back together again.

www.sciencealert.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I don't think I want to stay around that long to see it happen, I doubt if I could collect my social security that long.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Sweet-i'm gonna be part Chinese!

However given the timespan and evolution I'll be less Chinese and more human fish hybrid, who knows what the future will bring.

If we can discover the key to immortality we could see everest version 2.0

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   

I always thought there was strong evidence that Africa was finally breaking into two because of the Indian plate plowing north bound.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Would love to see that animation with the land replaced with the night light of world cities.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

I always thought there was strong evidence that Africa was finally breaking into two because of the Indian plate plowing north bound.

The rift valley is slowly splitting too.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

Exactly the cratons below Africa are moving away from one another, not closer.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Now we're going in reverse? Not likely. I think Pangea was created by some event. Maybe a moon crashed into us. Has just been spreading out since then, equalizing the surface tension. Eventually we'll be more evenly distributed then after that, the entire earth will be underwater.
edit on 1-12-2018 by toms54 because: spelling

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Appears the world is splitting apart,some parts will go under water and others will rise,just like before,I don't believe science,I believe true history

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   

I wonder what the weather patterns will look like then? No Gulf Streams and no El Ninos or Ninas as we know them. A lot of land mass will be equatorial and the animation doesn't show the topography. Will there be higher mountain ranges created when the plates push together? Should be interesting changes.

I suppose biological humanity will be long gone past the singularity and away into our sentient technological reality. We might look to them like the guy below looks to us.

a reply to: Oldtimer2

I don't believe science,

...said the man using the internet on a planet surrounded by thousands of satellites put in space by magic spells.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Pangea is a ridiculous theory just look at a topographical map for yourself

Come on people. These reductionist scientist are idiots

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Pangea is a ridiculous theory just look at a topographical map for yourself

Come on people. These reductionist scientist are idiots

Maybe try reading the article?
It's not like the information was pulled from 10 channel, or infowars, or Dr. Mercola.
news.agu.org...

“It probably doesn’t mean anything to humans now in our lifetime,” Muller said. “But it does enhance our understanding of interactions between plate tectonics, Earth’s climate system, its oceans, and even how the evolution of life is, at least to some extent, driven by this tidal process.”

The American Geophysical Union is dedicated to advancing the Earth and space sciences for the benefit of humanity through its scholarly publications, conferences, and outreach programs. AGU is a not-for-profit, professional, scientific organization representing 60,000 members in 137 countries.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

The American Geophysical Union is dedicated to advancing the Earth and space sciences for the benefit of humanity through its scholarly publications, conferences, and outreach programs. AGU is a not-for-profit, professional, scientific organization representing 60,000 members in 137 countries.

That doesn't mean anything they say is true. More like they have some agenda.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Is this sarcasm?
You can literally cut out the continents on a paper map and piece them all together like a puzzle.
Also, there's places around the world on the coasts that have pieces of other continents still stuck to them.
edit on 1-12-2018 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: toysforadults

Is this sarcasm?
You can literally cut out the continents on a paper map and piece them all together like a puzzle.
Also, there's places around the world on the coasts that have pieces of other continents still stuck to them.

Well said.. I was actually alive before continental drift and plate tectonics were believed in main stream science. It always seemed obvious that everything kinda fit together when one viewed a map but science needs proof to get on the band wagon even if whatever seems obvious.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

Appears the world is splitting apart,some parts will go under water and others will rise,just like before,I don't believe science,I believe true history

You mean like in thi s 9 year old study that says England is sinking while Scotland is rising out of the sea?

I heard about this in the 90's somehow...

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Poor widdle New Zealand... Smushhh

top topics

join