It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Raids Powerful Chicago Alderman Who Performed Tax Work for Donald Trump.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Friday November 30, 2018

The FBI are busy beavers this week. Yesterday, they raided the home of a Whistle-Blower who maintained dirt on the Clinton Foundation, and the DOJ.

About the same time, the FBI was raiding the offices of a Chicago Alderman/Attorney named Edward Burke.

From 2006, until June of 2018 (this year), Burke performed tax-related work with Donald Trump's Chicago real estate investments.

CHICAGO (WLS) -- Alderman Ed Burke was laying low Friday, one day after FBI agents raided two of his offices.

It could be weeks or months before we learn details of what the FBI was after in Burke's offices, and there's a chance it may never result in criminal charges at all.

Mayor Rahm Emanuel said Friday, people need to let the process play out.

Emanuel said he had no inkling, and got no advance warning, that the FBI had put Burke in their sights, as part of a criminal investigation.

"You have 1,000 questions, I have 2,000 questions, what we both don't have is any answers," he said.

City Hall staffers took down the brown paper that the FBI put up Thursday before executing an eight-hour search in Burke's office.

FBI agents also raided Burke's southwest side alderman office, seizing computers and documents.

Burke, the powerful chairman of the Finance Committee, has been in office nearly 50 years.
More at: abc7chicago.com...

JUNE 2018 - Trump and Burke sever their business relationship: chicago.suntimes.com...

Does anyone sense that BOB MUELLER may be behind this? He could be taking his witch-hunt nationwide, to find ANY discrepancies in Donald Trump's business dealings.

If so, Matthew Whitaker needs to shut down this fishing expedition right now, as it's obvious that Mueller still has no evidence that no one in Trump's orbit "conspired with Russia", to affect the 2016 election outcome.

Going after people who have made tax mistakes, or even committed intentional tax-fraud, is NOT what he was hired for, or tasked with.

-CareWeMust

edit on 11/30/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Going after people who have made tax mistakes, or even committed intentional tax-fraud, is NOT what he was hired for, or tasked with. 

Nor does that process cost over a million dollars a month.

What a con.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Mueller's axemen might have some goodies on Burke and are trying to get him to lie about Trump.

Smells like another "plea" bargain in the works.

Any Means Necessary as they say.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

The whole thing is ridiculous. Only more ridiculous are the boneless marrows letting this going on.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
It is indeed obvious that Mueller has left the reservation. His domain and scope of investigation is way off the map. It all needs to shut down hard. It is an obscene miscarriage of lawful use of a special investigation.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I thought this was connected to the Deutsche Bank and the Panama Papers.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

This is what "draining the swamp" looks like.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Friday November 30, 2018

The FBI are busy beavers this week. Yesterday, they raided the home of a Whistle-Blower who maintained dirt on the Clinton Foundation, and the DOJ.

About the same time, the FBI was raiding the offices of a Chicago Alderman/Attorney named Edward Burke.

From 2006, until June of 2018 (this year), Burke performed tax-related work with Donald Trump's Chicago real estate investments.

CHICAGO (WLS) -- Alderman Ed Burke was laying low Friday, one day after FBI agents raided two of his offices.

It could be weeks or months before we learn details of what the FBI was after in Burke's offices, and there's a chance it may never result in criminal charges at all.

Mayor Rahm Emanuel said Friday, people need to let the process play out.

Emanuel said he had no inkling, and got no advance warning, that the FBI had put Burke in their sights, as part of a criminal investigation.

"You have 1,000 questions, I have 2,000 questions, what we both don't have is any answers," he said.

City Hall staffers took down the brown paper that the FBI put up Thursday before executing an eight-hour search in Burke's office.

FBI agents also raided Burke's southwest side alderman office, seizing computers and documents.

Burke, the powerful chairman of the Finance Committee, has been in office nearly 50 years.
More at: abc7chicago.com...

JUNE 2018 - Trump and Burke sever their business relationship: chicago.suntimes.com...

Does anyone sense that BOB MUELLER may be behind this? He could be taking his witch-hunt nationwide, to find ANY discrepancies in Donald Trump's business dealings.

If so, Matthew Whitaker needs to shut down this fishing expedition right now, as it's obvious that Mueller still has no evidence that no one in Trump's orbit "conspired with Russia", to affect the 2016 election outcome.

-CareWeMust

I don't sense that Bob Mueller is behind this.

To me it looks like fallout from Cohen's confessions, that they are tieing up loose ends.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Mueller's axemen might have some goodies on Burke and are trying to get him to lie about Trump.

You do realize that this probably has nothing to do with Mueller's investigation?

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Alderman are pretty crooked. Ed Burke is one of the last old school Chicago Alderman. Corruption, nepotism, and payola are job requisites here.

I don't think it has anything to do with Trump.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

You realize it might? Right?

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

This entire farce is based on a dossier created and bought by the Hillary campaign.

Fruit from the poisoned tree.

Send Mueller to North Dakota so he can shovel some snow up his treasonous ass.

Just my humble opinion.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

a reply to: chr0naut

You realize it might? Right?

It might rain cash, but I'm sure if I went outside with my face upturned to the clouds, my hands open and arms outstretched, it would be just rain.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   

That makes sense. But Mueller had better work FAST. Q says his days as Special Counsel are coming to an end. Soon after, he'll be indicted for his criminal role in Uranium One.

Source: qntmpkts.keybase.pub... (11.30.2018 Messages)
edit on 11/30/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

lol @ Trump and his supporters who continue to claim Mueller's investigation is a witch hunt. I can't wait for his investigation to come to an end, his report filed, and the truth comes out. I won't even speculate but if he finds Trump guilty it still wouldn't matter to Trump and his supporters because you'll continue to call it a Deep State Witch Hunt while Trump is being taken down for all of his obvious crimes because he's an obvious money-power hungry conman.

edit on 30-11-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Are you saying Mueller's investigation is costing a million a month? Well, I dunno how true that is but if your source is Trump's tweets then you should probably check your sources.

What people aren't considering is how much his investigation has made for the gov't from just Manafort alone since all of his properties and whatnot will be auctioned off by the gov't, mostly likely making enough money to pay for this investigation and then some.

But it's all just a witch hunt, with how many indictments and guilty pleas so far?

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I won't even speculate but if he finds Trump guilty it still wouldn't matter to Trump and his supporters because you'll continue to call it a Deep State Witch Hunt while Trump is being taken down for all of his obvious crimes because he's an obvious money-power hungry conman.

I highlighted it. It's important.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

These indictments are process crimes.

"Crimes" that would never have been committed if there'd been no investigation.

Perjury traps appear to be Muellers specialty. Since it's okay for Brennan, Comey etc to lie but to arrest Trump associates for the same thing that leftists are profiting from.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   
What's a perjury trap? You either lie under oath, which is illegal, or you don't.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
There is no doubt the liberal s are behind this, however I don't think Mueller has the authority to do this unless he and his band of criminals setup more bogus FISA warrants.

new topics

top topics

join