It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation, proven, sciences orphan child.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

I've had flashbacks for as long as I can remember about being hit in the back of the head with a blunt object, or shot point blank in the back of the head by a pistol. A couple of years ago, I came across one of those "Who Were You in Your Past Life" type things and it claimed I was a shoe maker, or something like that, and struck in the back of the head with a hammer, during an altercation, and killed in the early 20th century. A mere coincidence nevertheless.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The possibility of reincarnation has always fascinated me. I have read many books and articles. I look forward to coming back to watch this video later when I have more time.

I have wondered if my son may have remembered a past life when he was young. Minutes after he was born he was turning his head and straining to watch everyone around him. He would follow nurses with his head and eyes as they walked past, and seemed to notice everything. He never crawled and went right to walking very early. Actually, the first time that he let go of a couch that he was creeping along, he "ran" across the room. We were stunned. He also talked very early, and actually started almost immediately speaking in complete sentences. He could read children books before he was 4. He was reading at a much higher grade level before kindergarten. He even jumped right into math as if he had always known it, doing arithmetic before kindergarten. Seriously - he just knew stuff. It was like he did not need to be taught. He was put into the gifted program at school.

Some in my family seemed to think it was more like he was an "old soul" than just smart. He was a deep thinker, and asked questions and looked at life in a way that would not be considered normal for a child. Although he is and was intelligent, it seemed like he jump started ahead of infancy. I have often wondered if children who seem gifted, including in music or anything else, might just be remembering things that they learned "before".

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: VantaBlaxk

Hi Vanta--replying to you specifically because of the "Guilt" you mentioned. I haven't had this happen for a while, I am on some pretty heavy duty anti depressants--but I have had recurring dreams, where I had this overwhelming sense of guilt over something I have done--like I know where all the bodies are or something...what a terrible feeling--I reckon it is like how the Christopher Eccleston Doctor must have felt after "apparently" destroying Gallifrey. Where does this come from? I've never been too much bother to anyone, even at my worst. Cymbalta has pretty much allowed me to work without freaking out, and providing for all my cats, and keeping the household going. Weird stuff.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
There are completely mundane explanations for NDE's, none of which involve anything spiritual. It's just chemicals in the brain. The effect can be consistently reproduced. Its just your brain being flooded with certain chemicals, and that's it.
*shrug*

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   
While under the influence of a potent hallucinogenic drug (which gets censored if spelled out: L.D), a man from Edmonton, Canada, would peer into a mirror. “I began to hallucinate and see what I believed were previous incarnations of myself. For instance, I saw myself as an evil warlord . . . responsible for the deaths of thousands of people. Once while observing such an evil person in the mirror, I heard a voice saying: ‘You’ll have to suffer for these evils that you have done!’”

Connected with reincarnation is the belief that misfortunes in the present life are a punishment for things done in previous lives. This is referred to as “the law of Karma.” While discouraging some from doing harm to others, is this belief a positive force for doing good? The answer is reflected in the station of Brahmin priests, who lead a system of castes, which millions find burdensome and oppressive. Also, investigating their “past lives” has brought some under the influence of dangerous superhuman forces. “I felt haunted by spirits,” wrote the man referred to at the beginning of this comment. “At times I begged only to die and never be born again . . . I made several attempts to commit suicide.”

The Bible teaches that after death there is no invisible part that survives to be reborn as someone else. The soul is the person himself. For example, you can read in the Bible that after the first man was created, he was called a “soul.” Thus, when he died, that “soul” came to an end, as God had said: “In the sweat of your face you will eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are and to dust you will return.” Elsewhere, the Bible repeatedly shows that the human “soul” dies.​—Genesis 2:7; 3:19; Joshua 10:32; Ezekiel 18:4; James 5:20; Revelation 16:3.

If nothing survives the body after death, what explanation is there for phenomena associated with the belief in reincarnation? The Bible shows that demons, angels who turned unfaithful, are responsible for this. (1 Timothy 4:1) So the experience and descriptions of the man referred to at the beginning of this comment, are unsurprisingly appropiate and nicely match the Bible's warnings regarding this subject.

originally posted by: BlueAjah

I have wondered if my son may have remembered a past life when he was young.

Could reincarnation bring confusion and suffering to parents? In India Dr. Vinoda Murthy investigated reported cases of “rebirth.” One involved a child who cried each night, saying that he belonged to another place. Eventually he was taken to a distant village, identifying a house and the couple in it as his own. “The story,” according to science-writer Radhakrishna Rao, “had a sorry sequel, for the boy became the centre of a heated dispute between two sets of parents.”

And there are the situations that occur or can be exploited as a result of "the belief that misfortunes in the present life are a punishment for things done in previous lives" for which I gave 2 examples before.
edit on 13-12-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I have memories of a past life, well thats how I see it. These memories are events from the life (and death) of a young blond woman, they occurred it what seemed like the 1930's and I remember them before any of my own childhood memories. This young woman was murdered, so if she died in the 1930's, then there is plenty of time for me to have had a "life" in between...

Reincarnation is something I do put a bit of time into reading and thinking about. Cool thread.

posted on Dec, 13 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

And there are the situations that occur or can be exploited as a result of "the belief that misfortunes in the present life are a punishment for things done in previous lives" for which I gave 2 examples before.

And I noticed 2 more examples in this thread of this pattern of thinking that can be compared to the man in my example regarding the topic of "guilt" as commented on by VantaBlaxk and DocSalvage, which can lead to depression (DocSalvage) and even suicidal thoughts in the most extreme cases (the man in my example).

Guard your heart, the darkness disguises itself as light (and spiritual enlightenment). False beliefs can be poison to your mind and negatively affect your figurative heart in ways you may not expect at first glance (because of the source of these teachings hiding that in the conveniently missing fineprint).

What, then, of the near-​death experiences that people say they have had? These have been interpreted by some as proof that a person has a soul that lives on after the death of the body. But such experiences are far better explained in several natural ways.

In the March 1991 issue of the French scientific magazine Science & Vie, the different stages of near-​death experiences are called “a universal prototype of hallucination” that has long been known. Similar experiences have not been restricted to those in near-​death situations. They can also occur in connection with “fatigue, fever, epileptic attacks, drug abuse.”

A neurosurgery pioneer, Wilder Penfield, who operated on epileptics who were under local anesthesia, made an interesting discovery. He found that by stimulating different parts of the brain with an electrode, he could cause the patient to have the feeling of being outside his own body, traveling through a tunnel, and meeting dead relatives.

An interesting detail in this respect is that children who have had near-​death experiences meet, not their dead relatives, but schoolmates or teachers​—those who are still alive. This indicates that such experiences have a certain cultural connection. What is experienced is connected with the present life, not with something beyond death.

Dr. Richard Blacher writes in the magazine The Journal of the American Medical Association: “Dying, or suffering a perilous physical situation, is a process; death is a state.” As an example, Blacher speaks of a person who for the first time is flying from the United States to Europe. “The plane flight is not [being in] Europe,” he writes. The tourist who departs for Europe, but whose plane turns around and returns some minutes after the start, can’t tell people more about Europe than anyone returning from a coma can tell anyone about death.

Those who have been near death have, in other words, never actually been dead. They experienced something while they were still alive. And a person is still alive even seconds before his death. They were near death but not yet dead.

Even those whose heart has briefly stopped and who have then been revived cannot really remember anything from those moments of unconsciousness when they could have been termed “dead.” What they remember, if anything, would be what happened at the time approaching that brief interruption, not during it.

The published near-​death experiences are almost always depicted as being positive, although it is known that negative experiences also occur. The French psychoanalyst Catherine Lemaire explains it in this way: “Those who haven’t experienced a [near death] fitting the pattern imposed by IANDS [International Association for Near-​Death Studies] have no interest in telling their story.”

The fact is that we have no experience of life other than that which we now live, neither a former life nor a life beyond death. Hence, we have no legitimate memories of anything but the life we have actually lived.

Those who believe in reincarnation say that the very meaning of being reborn is to get a new chance to better our situation. If we really had lived earlier lives, yet had forgotten them, such a loss of memory would constitute a great handicap. It is by remembering our mistakes that we can profit from them.

Also, those who uphold so-​called reincarnation therapy feel that you can better cope with present problems if, by means of hypnosis, you can remember earlier lives. The theory says that we are born again in order to better something, yet we have forgotten what that something is.

A loss of memory in the present life is considered a handicap. It must be the same in this case. Objecting by saying that such forgetfulness does not matter, since only good people are reborn as humans, is not a sound argument in this day and age when evil dominates the world scene more than ever. If only good people are reborn as humans, where did all the evil people come from? Should not there be fewer and fewer evil people? The truth is: Nobody, good or evil, is ever reincarnated to begin another life as a human or anything else for that matter.

Even experiences under the influence of hypnosis can be explained without having to resort to the theory of reincarnation. Our subconscious mind constitutes a storehouse of information much more comprehensive than we may imagine. Much of this information is stored away in some hidden corner of our subconscious mind because we have no direct or immediate use for it. Our subconscious mind is like a library of information that has been put away but may be recalled later. However, under hypnosis, the subject’s consciousness is changed so that forgotten memories can surface. Some people interpret these as being of a former life, but they are nothing more than present-​life experiences that we had temporarily forgotten.

Watch out for that curveball, cause at first, these type of teachings (1 Timothy 4:1) are always marketed (or sold) as harmless and positive (or good, figurative light, insight and spiritual enlightenment). But there is some missing fineprint that one can find in the Bible. The main reason why the sellers (teachers, promoters and original source) of these teachings won't point that out as I just did in these 2 comments and with my earlier referral to 1 Timothy 4:1.
edit on 13-12-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Is the Bible such a worthy book to dictate how we live our every day lives?

I love the Bible but this story blows my mind. After Lots wife was turned into a pillar of salt for looking back at the city of Sodom & Gommorah as God poured out judgement on it, the bible says that Lot and his 2 daughters lived in a cave and he'd become very old. Keep in mind that Lot obviously had Gods blessing because he was spared Sodom & Gommorah's destruction!

Genisis Chapter 19:30
31 One day the older daughter said to the younger, “Our father is old, and there is no man around here to give us children—as is the custom all over the earth.
32 Let’s get our father to drink wine and then sleep with him and preserve our family line through our father.”
33 That night they got their father to drink wine, and the older daughter went in and slept with him. He was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.
Lots daughters caused lot to be drunk and both had sex with with him to raise a family seeing as there was no person left after Gods judgement

On Reincarnation

There is enough evidence of reincarnating souls on this earth to make it a worthy of consideration.
I believe its very simply an invisible soul entering a new body.

There are plenty of stories where a person has died for a few minutes and come back to life.
They all tend to share the same account of the spirit or soul rising up out of the body and being able to see the deceased body laying there on the table or wherever the body might be.

That proves that our lives are made up of body and spirit or soul. Two parts! Not one!
Its not a very far stretch to believe that our spirit or soul can enter back into a new body just as it did the first time.

posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Wow, possibility that this is really an attack by a malevolent entity--never considered such a thing as I think of my thoughts and mind as being untouchable by outside sources. Food for thought for sure. Thank you!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join