It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

. . . Baby Its Cold Outside. . . . . banned

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

OK, next Christmas carol up for destruction by the leftist pc tyranny state is ... Sleigh "Ride". Yeah we all know what kind of ride it really is. So when did the left become so prudish?

Just hear those sleigh bells jingle-ing
Ring ting tingle-ing too
Come on, it's lovely weather
For a sleigh ride together with you

Outside the snow is falling
And friends are calling "You Hoo"
Come on, it's lovely weather
For a sleigh ride together with you

Giddy-yap giddy-yap giddy-yap let's go
Let's look at the snow
We're riding in a wonderland of snow
Giddy-yap giddy-yap giddy-yap it's grand
Just holding your hand

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I dunno.

It seems to me the woman in the song is free to make here own decision whether to stay or go, and if she does have reservations about staying, its mainly because she''s worried about what her family would think if she did.

Sure, he's making a strong case for her to stay, but she's free to do what she chooses, and she seems to be going back-and-forth a little on that choice (such as "just another cigarette more", etc.)

edit on 2018/12/2 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Extorris

Obviously you don't think "having someone "offended" can determine what others can listen to" is a problem.

My posts say nothing of the sort.

I asked what was political about a radio station deciding not to play a song.

You seem incapable of answering that question.

The reason why they decided not to play it was political, or further, the people who got them to ban it were making it political.

They're the ones who look for grievance in everything and then demonstrate how moral they are by expressing their outrage in an effort to protect the rest of us from it.

It's the new version of Carry Nation and her axe going into bars and chopping up the whiskey barrels to save the rest of us from the evils of alcohol.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Virtue signaling.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I bet this white gender studies professor listens to rap music with her daughter to seem cool and cultured.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Nothing but a bunch of whimpering, whining, weak Liberals. They have to ruin the fun and enjoyment of everyone so that they can feel morally superior to the rest of us. Unfortunately for them, the whole world sees them as a boil on the ass of society.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
If as a society we let an ultra minority of a handful of people that are offended by their shadow, control what millions listen, watch, and read we are regressing backwards at a scary rate.

More to blame than the offended complainers, are the in charge enablers who make the decisions who could simply say, "sorry you feel that way, but thousands of other people don't".
edit on 2-12-2018 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Easy fix, let's stream this on every platform buy all the CDs and digital downloads and get this bad boy Christmas number 1 worldwide, I'm off to stream, let's do this!

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Good thing most people don't listen to radio stations anymore. I encourage every musician to cover or remix this song. Things like this show how few real problems our country has or maybe they're just a distraction from real problems.
edit on 2-12-2018 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I love that song.
It always makes me feel all warm and rape-y inside.

Oh...and for DB....

PENIS

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I'm not sure what you expected them to do, I mean after all:

a listener called

This isn't just letting "the minority" dictate what everyone else does... this is ONE PERSON.

ONE person complained. I hope everyone who lives there avoids the station and they learn their lesson. I bet the person who complained doesnt even enjoy Christmas music. They are changing their policy based on what a Non-listener wants. The ones complaining arent the ones keeping the lights on I can promise you that...their life revolves around finding the next thing to complain about so they wont have time to offer any support for making those changes, because there is So Much More work to do! But at least they won't be attacking you anymore so I do see the allure for some... but this was apparently one person.

Maybe I should call the hip hop station and tell them which of their songs I would rather not hear?

People who love Christmas music don't worry about that nonsense. They are listening mostly for nostalgic purposes. What about that is hard to get? Taking this away is like taking away a memory. It's almost like a crime. At the very least it is an unforgivable infraction, an utter failure to uphold the contract, the sacred covenant between the listener and the radio station which promises Christmasy Nostalgia.

I just saw something else going around about Rudolph Im sure youve seen... Found this with a quick search, appare tly HuffPo is the culprit.
shorenewsnetwork.com...

But there's no War on Christmas...
edit on 12/2/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I am offended by the rap songs with their vulgar language. I just do not listen! Novel idea?

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Extorris

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Obviously you don't think "having someone "offended" can determine what others can listen to" is a problem.

My posts say nothing of the sort.

I asked what was political about a radio station deciding not to play a song.

You seem incapable of answering that question.

The reason why they decided not to play it was political, or further, the people who got them to ban it were making it political.

Simply saying it was a political decision does not make it so.

It is strange that I have asked repeatedly how this was a political decision and still no one can explain it to me.

In the 1920's many radio stations refused to play Jazz and the "Jitterbug" was considered morally abominable.

During the 1960's a tonnage of radio stations banned artists and songs that they thought encouraged sexual promiscuity.

Hip-Hop, rock and Roll, Punk Rock and Heavy Metal.

In 1948 the police in Memphis actually confiscated and destroyed records from stores they considered obscene.

From Stavinsky to Frank Zappa to Prince to 2 Live Crew to Ozzy Osbourne to the Rolling Stones etc.

Sex, Drugs, Violence.

The history of music being censored.
daily.redbullmusicacademy.com...
ncac.org...

This is NOT a political discussion, it is an ongoing CULTURAL discussion AS OLD AS MUSIC ITSELF itself around what is acceptable sexual content on music

The most interesting thing about this topic is not the censorship of some song by a radio station in Cleveland Ohio that someone finds unacceptable (That has been occurring FOREVER).

The most interesting thing about the topic is how many people bizarrely assign its motivation as politically partisan and appear outraged as if this is some new phenomena they have never witnessed.

edit on 2-12-2018 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

I'm not sure what you expected them to do, I mean after all:

a listener called

This isn't just letting "the minority" dictate what everyone else does... this is ONE PERSON.

It would be no more just if it was the "Majority" calling for the censoship.

It is also the decision of a single radio station in Cleveland Ohio.

The USA has seen much more widespread banning of artists/songs/genre's over the last century.

While the vast majority had to do with Religion, Sex and Violence, the Dixie Chicks might be the closest to a political ban for their public attacks on President Bush and the Iraq war, but even that is difficult to classify as political as thier songs did not directly discuss the topic and after all, the current GOP President has said much worse about President Bush and the Iraq war.

This specific banning falls under "Sexual Culture" and is the oldest of reasons to censor music.

edit on 2-12-2018 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Lol, I've dipped into this thread on and off but haven't read it all, it's just some minor local radio station so who cares?
If it is an indication of how your nation is heading that would of course be a worry though.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

i wonder if the person who filed the complaint also filed complaints to the rap and hip hop stations?

so many of those songs have lyrics that if i copied and paste here, would get me in trouble.
edit on 2-12-2018 by subfab because: added stuff

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Box of Rain
I dunno.

It seems to me the woman in the song is free to make here own decision whether to stay or go, and if she does have reservations about staying, its mainly because she''s worried about what her family would think if she did.

Sure, he's making a strong case for her to stay, but she's free to do what she chooses, and she seems to be going back-and-forth a little on that choice (such as "just another cigarette more", etc.)

But no, you're wrong because logic is bad.

Seriously, why is it not viewed in the way that the girl and guy are already in a relationship? When viewed that way, the song turns into a situation that probably many of us have already been through, and guess what? It's not rape.

But yeah, logic bad.

originally posted by: subfab

i wonder if the person who filed the complaint also filed complaints to the rap and hip hop stations?

so many of those songs have lyrics that if i copied and paste here, would get me in trouble.

I would assume not because those songs aren't blasted 24/7 for the holidays, but I could be wrong.

Also, don't forget, the ones who make those songs are PoC, and are entitled to more artistic freedom than some white rapist guy. /s

Don't take that the wrong way. I know it looks racist, but I am not racist. I believe in true equality for all races, religions, gender, lgbt...everything. This was just something I saw someone say a long time ago non-sarcastically...soooo, yeah. Beyond that, if one likes rap music, great. I like music in general. I'm a musician, it's nothing against rap or anything...I was just making a point.

Honestly, I think it's just some miserable people trying to make things miserable for the rest of us.
edit on 12/2/2018 by mysticrecluse because: edit to combine instead of making two posts in a row.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

OIC

So we can play music with sex lyrics that's about as blatant as anything and no one cares, or I could care and call the station and complain until I'm blue in the face, but this song which isn't even about what everyone is complaining it's about as has also been explained over and over in this thread ought to be banned because it's no longer sexually appropriate?

WTF are you smoking?

It *is* political because the station I call won't remove those songs from rotation over my complaints, but Baby It's Cold Outside must be removed over one caller. It is a blatant double standard.
edit on 2-12-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

but this song which isn't even about what everyone is complaining it's about as has also been explained over and over in this thread ought to be banned because it's no longer sexually appropriate?

WTF are you smoking?

It is strange that you assign an opinion to me that does not exist?

I assume it is part of whatever delusion identity politics creates.

Please cite my post where I even suggested this station in Cleveland should not play the song?

What are YOU smoking?

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

It *is* political because the station I call won't remove those songs from rotation over my complaints, but Baby It's Cold Outside must be removed over one caller. It is a blatant double standard.

That does not make sense.

The number of complaints received or not received does not determine if it is political in nature?

You still have COMPLETELY failed to explain how this decision was political.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join