It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

. . . Baby Its Cold Outside. . . . . banned

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Well i think its only fair put on a jacket and get out. But before you go make me a sammich.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
Rape culture . WOW.

But mention real rape cultures in Muslim countries or god forbid rape gangs in London and you......

Well you get it.

I’m sorry but every time I see “rape gang” I giggle.
Sounds so ridiculous but somehow that is a thing.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: whatmakesyouright
I thought the song was just playful banter between a male and a female. Coy and flirtatious.

It is. In fact, the woman has the power to leave anytime she wants, and has the power over her own sexuality to stay if she wants -- even if staying makes her mother and father upset.

The woman in the song is her own woman, and does not need to give into the whims of her family over her own decisions on sex.

That's why on one hand she says

My mother will start to worry -
Father will be pacing the floor -
So really I'd better scurry...

but then comes back with her own excuse to stay...

Maybe just a cigarette more (or sometimes the lyric is "half a drink" more)

So yeah. The woman in the song is independent minded and making her own decisions, despite what her family might think.

The guy is just making his case for her to stay, which I don't see as a problem. That part called flirting (on both sides).

edit on 2018/12/12 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   
So, it seems the CBC is reversing it's decision to not play it. People told them to get stuffed

They can only push this stuff if people let them.
www.cbc.ca...

Seems many other stations are getting the same message, and putting it back on the playlist.
Also interesting, but not at all surprising, the song has gained a lot of popularity, sales up, spot on the charts moved waaaaaay up

www.billboard.com...
people.com...
edit on 12-12-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Saw Shattner even got in a twitter spat with folks defending the song, saying you need to look at the original setting and choreography when the song came out to get a true idea of what it meant rather than looking at it from a 2018 puritan stand point of desperately looking for things to be offended by.

posted on Dec, 12 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I'm happy that people all over told these programmers/stations, who were falling all over each other to appear progressive..cut it out!!

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

This rant encapsulates everything wrong with this issue.

Wow, isn't this the anti narc guy?

posted on Dec, 30 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mark08
This us offensive to women? Has anybody heard any hip hop or rap song lyrics? Those guys get invited to the White House. And celebrated by the Democrats.

Didn't Kanye West visit Trump?

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join