It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alister Crowley yep that old Satan said get rid of Islam and Christians

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

again thats not what you claimed, what you CLAIMED was thats what Christ taught....

I "claimed", that even Jesus said that he wasn't "good", that only God is "good". That is what the Bible says Jesus said. I'm not wrong.

Christ himself (i.e. whoever is meant by this name in this passage) callously disowns his mother and his brethren (Luke VIII, 19). And he repeatedly makes discipleship contingent on the total renunciation of all family ties. He would not even allow a man to attend his father's funeral!

Aleister Crowley

“I was in the death struggle with self: God and Satan fought for my soul those three long hours. God conquered — now I have only one doubt left — which of the twain was God?”
Aleister Crowley

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY

This means talk to Jesus....Yashua

If you're talking about a "messiah", then what you should be thinking of is a PLURALITY.

not ONE specific individual...

But LEGIONS...

keep that in mind at all times.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I "claimed", that even Jesus said that he wasn't "good", that only God is "good". That is what the Bible says Jesus said. I'm not wrong.

yes you are wrong and on top of it you just quoted an unnamed and unsourced interpretation to try and back up your claim, come on now, thats the height of dishonesty........and thats most definitely NOT the quote from the testament......how about you actually cite the words from the book this source was referring to hmmm?

Aleister Crowley

Youre trying to take out of context something he wrote for theatrics..........again.......he didnt believe in God or Satan......

you really really need to get your facts straight before claiming high-ground......
edit on 11/30/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   

and thats most definitely NOT the quote from the testament....

This most definitely IS a from the New Testament.

Mark 10:18
"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone."

you really really need to get your facts straight before claiming high-ground......

What higher ground? Honey, I've been a student of Crowley for decades. I've read almost everything he's ever written and I think I have a better idea of his teachings than you do.

"I was in the death struggle with self: god and satan fought for my soul those three long hours. god conquered — now i have only one doubt left — which of the twain was god?” The Libri of Aleister Crowley
VOLUME I ACELDAMA
A PLACE TO BURY STRANGERS IN.
A PHILOSOPHICAL POEM.

"Christ himself (i.e. whoever is meant by this name in this passage) callously disowns his mother and his brethren (Luke VIII, 19). And he repeatedly makes discipleship contingent on the total renunciation of all family ties. He would not even allow a man to attend his father's funeral!

Aleister Crowley, Magick Without Tears

again.......he didnt believe in God or Satan......

He didn't believe in your God. He didn't believe in your Satan. But, he was a highly intellectual spiritualist. He believed in the divine powers of the Universe and the entities that inhabit its various planes.

A quote just for you!

“On the Path of the Wise there is probably no danger more deadly, no poison more pernicious, no seduction more subtle than Spiritual Pride; it strikes, being solar, at the very heart of the Aspirant; more, it is an inflation and exacerbation of the Ego, so that its victim runs the peril of straying into a Black Lodge, and finding himself at home there.”
Aleister Crowley, Magick Without Tears

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I think its simple.

The gods are aliens.

This is Ripley, last survivor of the Nostromo, signing off.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Mark 10:18 "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone."

Indeed , but by which he didnt mean "good" by works by what IS , which would be GOD which was above all.......not hard to decipher....

"I was in the death struggle with self: god and satan fought for my soul those three long hours. god conquered — now i have only one doubt left — which of the twain was god?” The Libri of Aleister Crowley VOLUME I ACELDAMA A PLACE TO BURY STRANGERS IN. A PHILOSOPHICAL POEM.

Might want to check your age on that one, but , I wont get into a dick sizing contest with you on that one, but I will tell you , YOURE WRONG.......

The struggle hes talking about isnt about actual god and the devil.......its about the sides of his ego hes dealing with.........not ACTUAL God and Satan.......any pleb of Crowley could tell you that........its metaphorical, not literal and you can even figure that out from his actual text.......i mean , if you read on past that phrase.........

He didn't believe in your God. He didn't believe in your Satan.

Oh look......assumptions , just like you do about Crowley and his txts!

But, he was a highly intellectual spiritualist. He believed in the divine powers of the Universe and the entities that inhabit its various planes.

LoL which has nothing to do with GOD and SATAN.......Honestly, you say you know more about him than I do and youve studied, but you seem to have a severe deficiency in even the basic knowledge there of? .............odd.........

“On the Path of the Wise there is probably no danger more deadly, no poison more pernicious, no seduction more subtle than Spiritual Pride; it strikes, being solar, at the very heart of the Aspirant; more, it is an inflation and exacerbation of the Ego, so that its victim runs the peril of straying into a Black Lodge, and finding himself at home there.” Aleister Crowley, Magick Without Tears

Considering you have absolutely misrepresented what he wrote and bastardized it to fit a narrative in a post online, I find this highly ironic...........

Maybe absorb more........and ego less..........

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Considering you have absolutely misrepresented what he wrote and bastardized it to fit a narrative in a post online

What writings of Crowley's have you read that lead to this conclusion? Diary Of A Drug Fiend?

No, Crowley didn't believe in the Christian God or the Christian Satan, but he certainly worked biblical mythology into his philosophical and metaphysical writings.

Crowley was a magician, and that's the beauty of his works. Most people only see "the illusion".

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: prevenge

originally posted by: GBP/JPY

This means talk to Jesus....Yashua

If you're talking about a "messiah", then what you should be thinking of is a PLURALITY.

not ONE specific individual...

But LEGIONS...

keep that in mind at all times.

So interesting .....but I'm stating that the only base......of truth is Scripture

That's me....not bothering to expound in replies, but able to discern spirits

I could fill a library with the science view that with no base of truth we have sqwat.....hehe

The math embedded in Scripture speaks of wonder for that literary work in it's own league by far

But I'm all stuck with a lifetime of imaging Scripture truisms and go by the literal interpretation

Then I see public singled out attacks on Scripture....wanting to hide it...!

And the Catholic small c church did away with a commandment.....idols.....and we know therefore......Scripture has the best by far track record for telling the end from the beginning

More than one messiah.....I stumble!.....and recall a deception coming.....a fat one
edit on 1-12-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Aye he was just willing to go to new limits in the quest of self discovery, not many people on this sphere could do what he done, interesting guy.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Which was God indeed, or are they both just two poles if the same energy, the thing with AC is he says he crucifies children 180 times a year or something to effect. But what he means is he has wee chug every other day, he was smoke and mirrors kind a guy by my reckoning, pretty much taught us and UK govs a thing two about espionage, the world is strange, it's great..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join