It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there anything that every human being could agree on?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

Oxygen is required for aerobic respiration, which is one of the very things that define us as an animal.

We need Oxygen to eventually make high energy phosphate ATP in our mitochondria to power all our energy needs, so without oxygen, our cells would simply die.

There is a condition called Aquagenic Urticaria where people become allergic to water, which is very rare, but people that do have it somehow manage to stay alive even though the average adult male is comprised of about 60% water.

Never heard of anyone being allergic to Oxygen all the same although humans can indeed be allergic to almost anything. What's the condition called? Do you have a link with some info?

As to people who want to kill themselves, well they still must somewhat breath to be able to accomplish the task in the first place.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82

Is there any one thing, that all 7+ billion of us could all agree on? Given our differ in religion, geographical location, culture, race, ethnicity, gender, age, socioeconomic status, etc...etc...

Surely, you must already know the answer. The Universe would cease to exist.

Manifestation requires friction and social friction is no exception.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Yes, everyone agrees it all ends at some point.

Nothing lasts forever.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I think something that every human can agree on is we all have the urge to know the unknown. How did the universe begin? What will the future bring? What was the past like? What happens when we die? Is there other intelligent life in the universe? Are there other civilization's on other planets just like ours, and what would meeting these people be like? I think every human wonders about the unknown. Maybe if an event happened that would give us all the answers to our questions we would come together for knowledge. Just my thoughts.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join