It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White liberals more likely to 'patronize' minorities than conservatives, study finds

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: chris_stibrany

I think the far left and far right are equally as bad

one tries to slander 1 as racist and the other tries to slander the other as full blown authoritarian communist. no difference 2 sides of the same coin

everyone else is seeking balance

Then you have threads like this where the right is attempting to slander the left as being racist, ironic considering the right feels like the left is slandering them for being racists.

Either way, you have a small, but vocal, group of extremist on both sides looking for anything to paint the other side as monsters.

And you have extremists who claim to be centrists who don't have the ballz to make a stand on their beliefs because they are scared to out themselves as individuals. Thus they remain silent.

No need to project dude... we all know your posting history.

Care to elaborate on that? Doubt you even comprehend what I meant....

Elaborate?

I think I was insinuating that you come across as pretty much hard right-wing... yet claim to be central.

Does it now make me a bigot? Cause I went out of my way to explain the intention of my original comment, in a basic manner, for your benefit?

Are you intolerant to the opinions of those who don't share your views? If so, that's what makes you a bigot. Most of us on this forum are bigots. It's not a cuss word like the progressives have made it out to be by confusing it with prejudiced.
edit on 30-11-2018 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
baizuo (white left) - Biased, elitist, ignorant of social reality and constantly applying double standards. They only care about topics such as immigration, minorities, LGBT and the environment and have no sense of real problems in the real world. They are people obsessed with political correctness to the extent they tolerate backwards Islamic values for the sake of multiculturalism. The white left pities the rest of the world and thinks they are saviors.

edit on 30-11-2018 by SKEPTEK because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
ding ding ding; like most people in Southern California and Metro Colorado it seems.

a reply to: SKEPTEK

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: LSU2018

a reply to: AScrubWhoDied
Do you feel like it helps you get liked to seem stupid to other people who don't know you?

No. But I also don't like football. Many people do.

And?

I don't like soccer. Many people do.

Soccer sucks unless you're in another country where it's the only sport.

I will amend my statement above. Soccer can be fun to play, but it's no fun to watch. Also, the word's custom of playing up how hurt they are every time they get touched to try to draw penalty cards is unmanly.

Soccer is a lot like billiards (lol at my proper term for Pool). It's fun to play to pass the time as long as you know what you're doing, but it's as boring as watching Poker in my opinion. I can only watch football and college baseball.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Bogus study made from analyzing campaign speeches. Perhaps interviews with minorities would have yielded more reliable information. Stupid Academics...!

What are you calling academics?

The people from Yale that designed the study. You should read it....

Yale lost credibility when they stopped preparing students for the real world. I can't take them any more serious that I take the Daily News with Bat Boy.

ETA: I believe it was also Yale who just had a black only graduation and graduation dinner party, no whites allowed. Yes, great data they have I'm sure.
edit on 30-11-2018 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

one tries to slander 1 as racist and the other tries to slander the other as full blown authoritarian communist. no difference 2 sides of the same coin

Then you have threads like this where the right is attempting to slander the left as being racist, ironic considering the right feels like the left is slandering them for being racists.

Either way, you have a small, but vocal, group of extremist on both sides looking for anything to paint the other side as monsters.

And you have extremists who claim to be centrists who don't have the ballz to make a stand on their beliefs because they are scared to out themselves as individuals. Thus they remain silent.

Elaborate?

I think I was insinuating that you come across as pretty much hard right-wing... yet claim to be central.

Does it now make me a bigot? Cause I went out of my way to explain the intention of my original comment, in a basic manner, for your benefit?

Your idea of categorizing me into a box based upon what you think of me is pointless, because I don't care what you think of me.

That very comment just proves you are one of the very few that are worth the effort of quoting/responding too... lol.

Oh! I get it now. I just have to dumb myself down a bit and forget about logic when trying to understand what you are trying to get across?

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
So someone spent money to have this study done....somebody was paid to write that article...why?

What the # is wrong with america and it's obsession with analyzing and classifying every single interaction with two different colour people as racist or not? Seriously....it's like the only country where people do that #....it's like the whole country has some kind of suppressed skin colour fetish...

Conservative, liberal, a#ingpolitical it's just a constant thing. This is racist, that's not racist, that's racist because this person said it, it's racist to wear the wrong clothes, it's racist to talk to the wrong colour person with a certain tone, it's racist to say the wrong word to the wrong person if you're the wrong colour...it's apparently racist if you don't talk enough about your accomplishments to someone that's a different colour...and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on the list goes...

Jesus everloving #ing Christ...

You do all realize people are just people and their skin colour really means Jack #ing # right??

edit on 30/11/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Bogus study made from analyzing campaign speeches. Perhaps interviews with minorities would have yielded more reliable information. Stupid Academics...!

Yale lost credibility when they stopped preparing students for the real world. I can't take them any more serious that I take the Daily News with Bat Boy.

ETA: I believe it was also Yale who just had a black only graduation and graduation dinner party, no whites allowed. Yes, great data they have I'm sure.

wow. now i wish you could delete threads. i don't like supporting that kind of crap

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Then you can see why I said it was a bogus study. Here it is....

insights.som.yale.edu...

btw...I'm an ex academic, I know how to get grant money to make a stupid study about BS. I've done it often enough. Piled Higher and Deeper if you know what I mean...

hookem horns....

edit on 30-11-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Elaborate?

Your idea of categorizing me into a box based upon what you think of me is pointless, because I don't care what you think of me.

That very comment just proves you are one of the very few that are worth the effort of quoting/responding too... lol.

Oh! I get it now. I just have to dumb myself down a bit and forget about logic when trying to understand what you are trying to get across?

When in Rome, I suppose...

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

We're not talking about changing how we interact, but changing the words we use to mask our competence. That is a specific type of interaction.

Yes, and the cited study gave a couple of reasons why that may happen, one being:

Dupree and Fiske suspect that the behavior stems from a liberal person’s desire to connect with other races. One possible reason for the “competence downshift,” as the authors describe it, is that, regardless of race, people tend to downplay their competence when they want to appear likeable and friendly.

Generally, speaking people don't appreciate being patronized.

I'm sure no one likes it.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Hit a nerve, eh?

I guess the truth is only told in studies that are pro-liberal.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Hit a nerve, eh?

Yea, seen it all before. Minorities that stray away from the Progressive tyranny get called Uncle Toms and many other names....

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The reason that liberals think voter id laws are somehow racist is because they also believe that blacks and minority groups are somehow less capable of obtaining id. Or are somehow less likely to carry their id.

Which is racist.

The results of this study are not at all surprising. It s very obvious that the results of such a study would show the inherent racism among the liberal minded.

Whenever anything, anywhere is spoken or written about, liberals NEVER say “a man” or “a woman”.
It’s ALWAYS a “black man”, an “Asian woman” or a “gay man” or whatever.

As though there is some kind of difference. As though it means anything at all wether someone is black, Asian, white or gay. It’s blatant racism.

So is the idea that minority groups should be treated differently in society. If you think that there should be ‘minority quotas’ in employment, in schooling, in movies etc, then you are most definitely a racist.

Wasn’t it Martin Luther King Jr who said that we should all be treated the SAME?

Judged on the content of character instead of the color of skin?

Not very liberal of him, was it?

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Some of us do and would like to make like Elsa and let it go, but this is the new religion and morality now. You will be made to care or you will be burned at the stake for your heresy.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Man the conservatives have really gotten defensive regarding the inherent racism within in their party.

"No you're a racist!!!" has basically become a knee-jerk reaction of the right at this point. Ok y'all, good one.

Sure, it's the liberals, ya know, the ones that actually choose to live in the cities (the true melting pots of America) that are the racist ones. Not the righties who can't handle living near anyone (and barely want to admit that we live in a society), much less other races. But I admit, the right has really thrown everyone for a loop with the blatant racism all while denying it. I thought Trump was supposed to bring straight talk to the party. Just be open about it, like the conservatives of yesteryear were. MAGA, right?

ps - ya know The Washington Times is a right-leaning publication... right?

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Hit a nerve, eh?

Yea, seen it all before. Minorities that stray away from the Progressive tyranny get called Uncle Toms and many other names....

And would you please show me a minority person, who is supported by the right, that would like to discuss how America has done their race wrong from the beginning, and that their culture has been systematically damaged/held down by racism? Gimme a break. The only way a minority is accepted among the right wing is if they say "Every is fine, minorities just need to stop complaining, shape up, and work harder".

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I self identify as a black apache helicopter.

Personally, I just get offended when most people speak to me.

I am a dragon-powered terminator. Glad to make your acquaintance.

Your human designed weapon systems offend me. You will be terminated.

Edit to add:
People get along better when they are honest. The subject of the OP boils down to who is lying and who is not inventing a story.

If you have to convince someone you make concessions and cater to them. If you are not trying to convince others but rather just communicating your ideas, then you don't have to lie to make them more accepting.

Basically, real recognize real.

edit on 11 30 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The white liberals are just deceiving the minorities to try to get their support. They are trying to increase their numbers. They are just using the minorities, making feel that they are part of their group when in fact, most liberals I know will drop their friends at the drop of a hat if they do not follow their beliefs.

I know way more liberals than conservatives, been a liberal most of my life. I never got into those protests and stuff though, I was not going to make half of the people in the county dislike me or call me nuts. I like reasonable change, but liberals have gone over the edge the last six or seven years. I no longer even like to discuss politics with them.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Grats for pissing off the right people!

Voter ID

Ok....
THIS is very enlightening.
It CLEARLY shows that Leftists really patronize African-Americans...and African Americans think Leftists are racist and ignorant where they're concerned.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join