It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White liberals more likely to 'patronize' minorities than conservatives, study finds

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
what's it mean?

a reply to: SKEPTEK

Watch the video.

It's 1:30 of your time.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: chris_stibrany

I think the far left and far right are equally as bad

one tries to slander 1 as racist and the other tries to slander the other as full blown authoritarian communist. no difference 2 sides of the same coin

everyone else is seeking balance

Then you have threads like this where the right is attempting to slander the left as being racist, ironic considering the right feels like the left is slandering them for being racists.

Either way, you have a small, but vocal, group of extremist on both sides looking for anything to paint the other side as monsters.

And you have extremists who claim to be centrists who don't have the ballz to make a stand on their beliefs because they are scared to out themselves as individuals. Thus they remain silent.

No need to project dude... we all know your posting history.

Care to elaborate on that? Doubt you even comprehend what I meant....

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
i cant watch videos right now i guess i will do it later.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

People who use smaller words when they interact with people who look a certain way might have certain preconceived notions based on stereotypes, yes.

Why would a person change their vocabulary if they were interacting with a white person as opposed to a black or Latino? There is no reason for it.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

i cant watch videos right now i guess i will do it later.

My bad. Didn't consider it could be blocked for some and others couldn't watch at the moment.

Tucker sums it up WAY better than I can but the Chinese basically think that white liberals are destroying Western civilizations by focusing all their policies on things that truly don't matter.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

People who use smaller words when they interact with people who look a certain way might have certain preconceived notions based on stereotypes, yes.

Why would a person change their vocabulary if they were interacting with a white person as opposed to a black or Latino? There is no reason for it.

I don't see a reason to watch football. Others do.

People who do change the way they interact with others may be doing so for a myriad of reasons, yes - preconceived notions included.

I don't do it, so I can't give you any insight.

So to say that 100% of the time it happens is because of racism/or general feeling of superiority is just as stupid as a black person saying 100% of his failed interviews are because of race.

The sourced research itself gave examples as to why this could happen.

This thread disregarded those and immediately went to 'liberals racist'.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

one tries to slander 1 as racist and the other tries to slander the other as full blown authoritarian communist. no difference 2 sides of the same coin

Then you have threads like this where the right is attempting to slander the left as being racist, ironic considering the right feels like the left is slandering them for being racists.

Either way, you have a small, but vocal, group of extremist on both sides looking for anything to paint the other side as monsters.

And you have extremists who claim to be centrists who don't have the ballz to make a stand on their beliefs because they are scared to out themselves as individuals. Thus they remain silent.

Elaborate?

I think I was insinuating that you come across as pretty much hard right-wing... yet claim to be central.

Does it now make me a bigot? Cause I went out of my way to explain the intention of my original comment, in a basic manner, for your benefit?

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

We're not talking about changing how we interact, but changing the words we use to mask our competence. That is a specific type of interaction.

Sure there are reasons to change how we interact. I didn't wish my Jewish Israeli teammate in college a Merry Christmas, for example, like I would have anyone else, but even though English was not his first language, I also didn't change my vocabulary to smaller words. He's a college student like me. Therefore, his intellect was there. I ended up explaining a few terms to him, but we both learned a lot.

Generally, speaking people don't appreciate being patronized.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

The biggest thing to remember here is this... Conservatives will bash a minority for their liberal views and leave it at that, while accepting other minorities with Conservative views with open arms. Liberals will call those Conservatives racist and then turn right around and call someone like Kanye West or Ben Carson an uneducated house negro because they have views unlike those liberals. We were all racists for 8 solid years because we didn't fall in line with the views of Obama, yet they don't fall in line with the views of Herman Cain and it's because they don't agree with them.

That sort of double standard is what cost them the election. And what I covered doesn't even touch the tip of the iceberg.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Bogus study made from analyzing campaign speeches. Perhaps interviews with minorities would have yielded more reliable information. Stupid Academics...!

What are you calling academics?

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Elaborate?

I think I was insinuating that you come across as pretty much hard right-wing... yet claim to be central.

Does it now make me a bigot? Cause I went out of my way to explain the intention of my original comment, in a basic manner, for your benefit?

I claim to be ME! I am an individual who belongs to no group yet have ideas that might intersect with many.

Your idea of categorizing me into a box based upon what you think of me is pointless, because I don't care what you think of me.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
amen to that.
I think its effing ridiculous that 'we' westerners have to be told that by Chinese and they are right. It's a piece-by-piece dismantling of our respective western cultures by 'progressives' . IMHO

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Do you feel like it helps you get liked to seem stupid to other people who don't know you?

No. But I also don't like football. Many people do.

And?

I don't like soccer. Many people do.

Soccer sucks unless you're in another country where it's the only sport.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
meow= yes
a reply to: LSU2018

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

You're really going to love that video when you get a chance!

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Do you feel like it helps you get liked to seem stupid to other people who don't know you?

No. But I also don't like football. Many people do.

And?

I don't like soccer. Many people do.

Soccer sucks unless you're in another country where it's the only sport.

I will amend my statement above. Soccer can be fun to play, but it's no fun to watch. Also, the word's custom of playing up how hurt they are every time they get touched to try to draw penalty cards is unmanly.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I'm not extreme; I just shared this because I have seen it in my personal life.

It's not the extreme left that does it, it's most left wingers. They do it without realizing what they're doing because talking about someone else for something you might not like is just human nature.

The reality is, it's not racist 99% of the time. If they would stop calling people racist for disagreeing with a minority or calling a minority a thug or dangerous, most of this racial division would end. That's not what they want though, it goes against their agenda. Don't let them lie to you on here.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

There's no telling. FWIW, I think your posts are fine. Right on par with my views.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Elaborate?

Your idea of categorizing me into a box based upon what you think of me is pointless, because I don't care what you think of me.

That very comment just proves you are one of the very few that are worth the effort of quoting/responding too... lol.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: olaru12

Bogus study made from analyzing campaign speeches. Perhaps interviews with minorities would have yielded more reliable information. Stupid Academics...!

What are you calling academics?

The people from Yale that designed the study. You should read it....

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join