It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White liberals more likely to 'patronize' minorities than conservatives, study finds

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: chris_stibrany

Grats for pissing off the right people!

Voter ID

Ha, great video. Sadly won't ever change anyone's mind on anything.

My favorite was the girl that said black people don't have internet cause they don't understand how it works. Scary to not only think that, but verbalize it.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I think the far left and far right are equally as bad

one tries to slander 1 as racist and the other tries to slander the other as full blown authoritarian communist. no difference 2 sides of the same coin

everyone else is seeking balance

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

1. Your family member knows his wife. This study is about people meeting or interacting with others for the first time. Unless we're talking about mail order bride for the first time type thing (creepy family member), then that doesn't count.

2. Husband works with client contacts on the other side of the world. He assumes they are competent and he doesn't speak dumb to them although he does speak slower and with clarity (not volume, precision/enunciation), but being in a technical field, dumber won't cut it.

3. HAR, HAR, HAR. You made a funny based on stereotypes.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
that makes sense. I am not extreme at all, just centre right. I know bc I took tests online

a reply to: toysforadults

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied
Do you feel like it helps you get liked to seem stupid to other people who don't know you?

No. But I also don't like football. Many people do.

And?

I don't like soccer. Many people do.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

one tries to slander 1 as racist and the other tries to slander the other as full blown authoritarian communist. no difference 2 sides of the same coin

Then you have threads like this where the right is attempting to slander the left as being racist, ironic considering the right feels like the left is slandering them for being racists.

Either way, you have a small, but vocal, group of extremist on both sides looking for anything to paint the other side as monsters.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I'm somewhat center right myself but I'm also open to new ideas... I like a lot of ideas from the Federalist papers but I also see a need to check corporate power which we don't do

the founding fathers saw central power as a threat almost all of them

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I'm not extreme; I just shared this because I have seen it in my personal life.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

pretty much and being somewhat right leaning myself this is also why i attack right wingers because they are way off base and disconnected from reality to the same extent the liberals are

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Then you have threads like this where the right is attempting to slander the left as being racist, ironic considering the right feels like the left is slandering them for being racists.

Either way, you have a small, but vocal, group of extremist on both sides looking for anything to paint the other side as monsters.

And you have extremists who claim to be centrists who don't have the ballz to make a stand on their beliefs because they are scared to out themselves as individuals. Thus they remain silent.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Do you feel like it helps you get liked to seem stupid to other people who don't know you?

No. But I also don't like football. Many people do.

And?

I don't like soccer. Many people do.

Yes, I am aware many people like soccer. That's why asking you if you like soccer and then running an article titled 'People don't like soccer' is retarded.

Just as retarded as saying that people who use smaller words are racist, when in fact the researchers themselves presented multiple reasons as to why this can occur.

I hope you understand now.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

This goes in the set with threads where the left loves to talk about how the right is so much things based off of studies.

Now here is a study, carried out by leftist academics, btw, that was supposed to show the opposite of what it did I'm guessing, and you get upset. Look, sometimes you guys get your lumps too.

Remember the one about how we react to black faces with fear and disgust more than leftists do? You guys had a field day with that one. Now we find out that you guys might have the tendency to patronize a bit. It's your own version of racial bias. So you find out your sh!t stinks too.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
I'm not extreme; I just shared this because I have seen it in my personal life.

Didn't call you one bro.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
if you are talking about me I am still here
But it seems like no one is bouncing any real thoughts around anymore. So I may leave soon.

a reply to: seeker1963

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

'Now here is a study, carried out by leftist academics, btw, that was supposed to show the opposite of what it did I'm guessing, and you get upset. Look, sometimes you guys get your lumps too. '

That's exactly why I found it fascinating enough to share. It does use good data and it is from your typical liberal academics, so I found it interesting.

At least you can't attack the source now.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
if you are talking about me I am still here
But it seems like no one is bouncing any real thoughts around anymore. So I may leave soon.

a reply to: seeker1963

If I was talking about you I would have quoted your post I was replying to.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Every body knows this.

Even the Chinese. They have a word for white liberals, baizuo.

They are completely right.

link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

And you have extremists who claim to be centrists who don't have the ballz to make a stand on their beliefs because they are scared to out themselves as individuals. Thus they remain silent.

No need to project dude... we all know your posting history.

link   

This goes in the set with threads where the left loves to talk about how the right is so much things based off of studies.

Now here is a study, carried out by leftist academics, btw, that was supposed to show the opposite of what it did I'm guessing, and you get upset. Look, sometimes you guys get your lumps too.

Remember the one about how we react to black faces with fear and disgust more than leftists do? You guys had a field day with that one. Now we find out that you guys might have the tendency to patronize a bit. It's your own version of racial bias. So you find out your sh!t stinks too.

Is this some sort of advanced "I'm rubber, you're glue" tactic?

You keep using words like "you guys".

Which guys made you say what you said?

I subscribe to taking responsibility for my own actions - I'm not so weak as to let others dictate my perception of the world.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
what's it mean?

edit to say I cant watch videos right now.

a reply to: SKEPTEK

edit on 30/11/2018 by chris_stibrany because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join