It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm not really a believer. Why do I still look to the sky?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I believe that there is ET life out there, the mathematical odds are for it. I just don't particularialy subscribe to contact. My question is, with my beliefs, why do I STILL look to the stars when I'm out at night? The constellations are my friends. They don't move very quickly.

Thoughts?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
You look to the stars because deep down, you want to believe it. You look to the sky for a glimpse of something extraordinary. You're surely intrigued and aren't willing to take no as an answer.

Join the club.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
maybe someday while scanning the night sky you possibly ~COULD~ see the unexplainable. I think you kepp looking because of your open mind......just IN CASE.
Be prepared however, to SEE someday what you may be looking for

It does happen at the most unexpected of times!

[edit on 25-2-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I believe that there is ET life out there, the mathematical odds are for it. I just don't particularialy subscribe to contact. My question is, with my beliefs, why do I STILL look to the stars when I'm out at night? The constellations are my friends. They don't move very quickly.

Thoughts?

If you take what you just said its really ironic to me:

1. you state "im not really a beliver", yet you are a moderator on an ALIEN/UFO forum?

2. very next statement you say:

I believe that there is ET life out there, the mathematical odds are for it!

so now because a couple scientists or mathmatitions say it , its now fact and unchanging reality to you.

3. yet theres no way in your oppinion that this universe teeming with life could ever interact with us, even though they surround us?

This explains your wrongly harsh attitudes towards abductees like myself and should point out to you how ironic,hypocritical, and conflicting your OWN statements are!

SO are you a beliver in other inteligent life or not?
SO other beings interacting with humans is not logical to you?

[edit on 25-2-2005 by lizzardsamok]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by lizzardsamok
2. very next statement you say:

I believe that there is ET life out there, the mathematical odds are for it!

so now because a couple scientists or mathmatitions say it , its now fact and unchanging reality to you.

3. yet theres no way in your oppinion that this universe teeming with life could ever interact with us, even though they surround us?

This explains your wrongly harsh attitudes towards abductees like myself and should point out to you how ridiculously ironic your statements are!

Did you read what I posted? I believe in ET's, not contact. Don't project your fantasies on me.

Irony.... not just for the laudndry any more.

Sorry MM, you are missed.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
let the record show you didnt answer all the questions but you did INSULT me.

Is this how all moderators on ATS behave?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Because looking into the night sky is looking into the unknown. It is an incredible experience to zoom your telescope in to Jupiter and see a planet and 4 moons. It's amazing to look at Saturn and see the rings that mystified man for so many generations. And it's amazing to look up at the stars and see what mystifies man today. What is out there? What orbits those stars? Could there be planets, and how incredibly beautiful are they? Could they harbor life, and if so, what kind of animal life, if any, might they support. When you look into space, you're looking into the infinity that is man's imagination, and you can dream because no one has gone out there and discovered yet. You can dream, you can imagine, and so you can go.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   

let the record show you didnt answer all the questions but you did INSULT me.

Dude, I answered ALL your questions.

Do you actually read what other members type?

I went through it, THANKS FOR THE REREAD.

Let the record show........you wasted my time.

JAK

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
lizzardsamok, what are you smoking?

Look:

I believe that there is ET life out there...

1. you state "im not really a beliver", yet you are a moderator on an ALIEN/UFO forum?

I suggest you read before you let your fingers do the talking.

Intrepid perhaps it is because, like me, you live with a hope that you might one day see something that would allow you to truly believe. That the presumption of ours that there are others actually out there is validated and thus hopefully, maybe irresistibly, leading mankind into a new and brighter age.

Jack

[Edit] Also, why would Intrepid's opinions on aliens preclude him from moderating such a forum whether believing or not? Do you automatically assume that such 'non-belief' could only lead to a hostile approach toward those of contrary opinion? If so I would suggest that such a belief portrays your character rather than anyone else's.

[edit on 25/2/05 by JAK]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Just because he doesnt believe your "Lizards probed me" story he cant believe in ETs?

I got news for you buddy I believe we have been visited and believe that there MAY have been abductions and your story STILL sounds like BS to me.

Just what makes you think we have to believe every person that posts here?

Just what makes you think we cant have an opinion of our own?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Thoughts?

Not normally but I will make an exception this time

I love to see the sheer VASTNESS of space, it almost sends shivers up and down my spine to just think of how BIG it is

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
I love to see the sheer VASTNESS of space, it almost sends shivers up and down my spine to just think of how BIG it is

And how small do you feel? Compared to the universe we aren't even pimples.

That's my point.

Thanks Amuk.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

And how small do you feel? Compared to the universe we aren't even pimples.

That's my point.

Thanks Amuk.

What, and I get to just read the ending of a fight for my response?

EDIT: Forgot an "e"

[edit on 2-25-2005 by junglejake]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

Oops, sorry, Amuk and I don't agree on some things but we don't fight. I think he'd kick my ass.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

Oops, sorry, Amuk and I don't agree on some things but we don't fight. I think he'd kick my ass.

Don't be sorry, I was more amused than anything.
's all good! Let not your heart be troubled

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I know why you look to the stars.
- quoted from Men IN Black(movie)

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Looking up at the stars thinking is anyone looking back and immanging that some ware someone is looking up at the stars wondering if someone is looking back.
sitting down to dinner talking about the possibilitys of life immanging someone some ware else doing the same. It boggels the mind and opens up the heart .
Asking what if a ship did crash and all were killed but a alian child could you love it as your own no matter how strange looking .
Or are WE the ones who look strange .

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   

The constellations are my friends. They don't move very quickly.

Hee hee.

Well, I tend not to find much creedence nor do I discourse on the reptilian, Greys and other such sureal fantasies, instead, like you, I just look up at the stars and hope, just hope, that maybe I'll see something, earthly or not, to bewilder and unleash that little boy who used to stare endlessly for hours a day to just, for once, meet an E.T.

I don't look up much anymore - only when the vicissitudes of life are too overwhelming.

Deep

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Thoughts?

Alright. Do you subscribe to visitation?

[edit on 25-2-2005 by evilution]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
There has never been any substantial proof of visitation other than spurious claims by arbtritrary citizens of myriad sovereignties.

Deep

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join