It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Broward Sherriff Deputy That Gave Stand Down Was A Diversity Hire

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: CharlesT

Does this mean ALL diversity hires are incompetent?

How many diversity hires have been very good for their employers?

I am all for hiring the best people for the job but one mans mess up does not reflect on anyone else's ability to do their jobs.

Call this guy out for his mistake and leave it at that.

Might not mean hiring someone based on diversity that the person hired is incompetent, but it sure as hell is racist or what ever trendy word those of you promoting diversity use today!

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: headorheart

"No White males..." If I run across the actual letter I'll add to the thread.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium
I commend your efforts but, for the life of me, I don't know why anyone would want to be a cop these days having to daily contend with the, UM, dregs of society?

Also, I don't know your position on the drug issue but I think the drug war has been a complete disaster that has only enriched crime, killed hundreds of thousands from both sides of the border and incarcerated untold people that should have never peen prosecuted. My biggest gripe with the drug war is the truth that it is one of the driving factors that have turned our nation into a police state.

I damn Nixon to hell for starting this crap when drugs should have been treated as a health issue rather than a law enforcement issue. The drug war put the profit and incentive into illegal drugs. Just my opinion. Don't take it personal, OK?

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Diversity hire = pitty party for someone not as qualified as the rightfully-deserving candidate.

Race, etc has nothing to do with job performance.... until someone is hired because of race (or other useless designation) over a more qualified candidate of another race (read: usually over a white guy)

Oddly enough, all these forced hires are why the government is as bad as it is. When you have mediocre-at-best employees, what else do we expect? The garbage heap that has become our worthless government (the same one sucking this country dry) has been nothing but a collection of failed "grand ideas" "think tanks" and "experts" proving they don't have the first #ing clue what they are talking about

Time for the existing establishment to voluntarily step aside, as it has demonstrated total and utter failure & incompetence
edit on 11/30/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Don't get me wrong. I don't think businesses should be forced to hire ANYONE for ANY reason.

I also think a business should be able to fire ANYONE for ANY reason. Even if it's just because they don't like them.

What I don't do is lump everyone together when I don't like someone. I blame that person.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Hence My "sick to My stomach.." as it relates to "The Crack War™" I worked in what is commonly referred to as "the ghetto" There is a real LARGE MISCONCEPTION that more dope is being used in the ghetto/low income housing vs. the suburbs. The folks in the ghetto will NOT hire a PRIVATE attorney so they get stuck w/the Public Pretender who is already overworked. Then when the alleged 'druggie' is offered 2 years if they cop a plea or they're looking at 25 years, guess what option they choose?

Me take it personal? hahaha I'm not important enough to get offended but I appreciate the thought. Plus if I got pissed off at something You said or typed, who would have the "power"? I like to keep My power.

I pride Myself in retiring w/never losing a Court Case and never receiving a Citizen Complaint. I'm also proud of My membership in LEAP• Law Enforcement Action Partnership (nee: Law Enforcement Against Prohibition)

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

That was The Crack War™ Now with the addition of PRIVATE Jails/Prisons they switched over to Opiates. Look at this:

en.wikipedia.org...

This epidemic, IN MY OPINION, is to drag out as much $$$ from the users/abusers. That way they get their funds removed for "Court Costs" then Probation Costs, then re-hab costs, then because "rehab is for quitters" another round of Court Costs, Probation Costs, rehab, rinse, repeat.

I can recommend this movie as it relates to the current issues:

www.youtube.com...

www.imdb.com...

www.imdb.com...

I think the number is up to 95% of those incarcerated are there on a "Plea Deal"...

See if Your local jail is Public or PRIVATE by reading the local paper. When We moved here 14 years ago, the jail was run by the Sheriff. Most of the folks contacted were given a Promise To Appear (citation) Now it is PRIVATE and EVERYONE goes to Jail which includes a "Booking Fee" which the taxpayer gets to pay...

In My opinion: IT IS A $$$$ GRUBBING SCHEME that has not gotten better, just "better ARMED"

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

While I wouldn't be surprised. I also wouldn't believe anything that sheriff Israel says either.

That's the same guy would wouldn't stop telling everyone what "great leadership" he provides his deputies.

In my opinion he's a worthless scumbag, and could just be trying to pass the blame somewhere else.

As Sheriff he is responsible.
Sounds like Operation Savemyownskin in effect.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

There can never be wars on drugs or poverty or crime or the dozens of other subjects the government deems fitting to declare war on.

Wars don't care about inanimate objects, they always target people.
When government declares a "war" on anything rest assured it is people who will bear the cost both ways.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Exactly!
Been looking at your org and see sanity and intelligence in the organization. Makes one wonder what ulterior motives our politicians pursue rather than the welfare of the nation. As you stated, $$$$

S&F to you sir.
edit on 30-11-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

Edit: I can't even buy a decent antihistamine over the counter any more because of this insanity. Used Actifed since the Air Force in 1972 but can't get it any more without either showing a driver's license or a prescription from a doctor. And then it's 4X the price it once was.
All they did was create another product for the Mexican cartels.

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Look at these 2 herbs for that. I've had a deviated septum since 1971 w/sinus problems ever since. I'd also get some pretty crappy sinus headaches, interestingly when I was medically retired and got a new Dr. here in Flori-Duh, I left with 7 Rx meds. I've been able to get rid of 5 of the 7 and have had the same dose of opioids for 14 years, I attribute this to also using Cannabis. But check these herbs out and if You know a diabetic or someone who is "pre-diabetic" I AM NOT diabetic but the info popped up when I did My research into the herbs prior to stating to take them.

Amla:

www.masteringdiabetes.org...

Holy Basil:

www.healthline.com...

Asante

top topics

<< 1   >>

join